Options

SmugMug Login Woes

OMMBoyOMMBoy Registered Users Posts: 113 Major grins
edited October 9, 2008 in SmugMug Support
Okay, so, everything has been working [almost] flawlessly since I joined SmugMug and started customizing my site and blog... until a couple days ago. That's when it happened. Yes, my login woes. Allow me to explain:

When I first visit my site, I'm treated like any other visitor. That is, until I click the LOGIN link in the footer. I am then taken to a login page where I am asked for my email address and password. After providing this information, I'm officially logged in.

Now, here comes the part that is bothering me because this only started occurring recently -- when I click on the CONTROL PANEL button, I am, once again, taken to the login page where I am asked to reenter my information! If I decide to leave that page (after logging in), and then immediately return to it, I have to do the whole spiel all over again! It's like a vicious cycle!

Can anybody explain what is going on? Did SmugMug recently change something with regards to security features that I am unaware of?

Thanks,

Chris
Runfola Photography

The camera doesn't make a bit of difference. All of them can record what you are seeing. But, you have to SEE.
Ernst Haas, 1985

Comments

• Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    OMMBoy wrote:
    Okay, so, everything has been working [almost] flawlessly since I joined SmugMug and started customizing my site and blog... until a couple days ago. That's when it happened. Yes, my login woes. Allow me to explain:

When I first visit my site, I'm treated like any other visitor. That is, until I click the LOGIN link in the footer. I am then taken to a login page where I am asked for my email address and password. After providing this information, I'm officially logged in.

Now, here comes the part that is bothering me because this only started occurring recently -- when I click on the CONTROL PANEL button, I am, once again, taken to the login page where I am asked to reenter my information! If I decide to leave that page (after logging in), and then immediately return to it, I have to do the whole spiel all over again! It's like a vicious cycle!

Can anybody explain what is going on? Did SmugMug recently change something with regards to security features that I am unaware of?

Thanks,

Chris

Yes, Smugmug now requires an additional login sometimes when you go to the control panel. They have said that it is to increase security.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,012 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    I have never had to log in a second time. Even with the customize page open
    in another tab. I usally log out before closing browser though. I think this only
    happens if you close your browser when logged in. When browser is re-opened
    it appears logged in but will now ask for the password when going to the
    control panel customize page.
    Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
    My Website index | My Blog