DSS #13 Clarity or Diffused Feedback

GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
edited December 2, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here is your Feedback Gallery, in no particular order. This gallery is your chance to give your peers thoughtful critiques on their work. Put some effort into it, describe specifics, and be respectful. Now...comment away!

Oh, and to the people who remembered to put their Dgrin name in with the title...extra brownie points (makes it SO much easier!).:clap
Emily
Psalm 62:5-6

Comments

• Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    I guess I should pay attention a little better when reading the rules deal.gif

Good luck to all the entrants, a great group of entrys, the judges will be busy.

A few of my favorites in no particular order,

jrnylst - Onion Creek Soup
    KWarta~Diffused Ambiance
    sathya-Diffused
    ic4u - Luminous
    picturegirl-Crystal Clear baby Blues
    davev-Glowing
    TheCuriousCamel-HazyDay
    Divamum - Iced Foliage

Phil
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    My apologies to everybody. For some reason, the computer I'm using at work is posting my comments to ALL images in the gallery, even though I have the "this picture only" selection highlighted.

I'll stop posting feedback until I get home since I am unintentionally cluttering it up and making a mess. AAACK! SO sorry! :uhoheek7.gifhide:(:
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    becoming a guest might be a good thing when trying to C&C...

for instance, what i feel is of sound opinion might be taken as offence by the reader.... so maybe becoming a guest would cost me or you or whoever less votes if one was to make a voting round....

in otherwords....C&C = less votes for the c&c'er if the situation ever arisen to be voted for by someone commented to....:D

was that clarity in the finest form....? or ramblings of the village idiot...thumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Just FYI: my entry in that gallery
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/6708233_2qBf6/1/428309972_7SQ3U/Large
    is an older version, my actual submission is here (updated Sunday)
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=975979&postcount=41
    or directly here
    http://nik.smugmug.com/photos/427147686_7mkqw-XL.jpg
    I hope judges get the correct version...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
    edited December 1, 2008
    becoming a guest might be a good thing when trying to C&C...

for instance, what i feel is of sound opinion might be taken as offence by the reader.... so maybe becoming a guest would cost me or you or whoever less votes if one was to make a voting round....

in otherwords....C&C = less votes for the c&c'er if the situation ever arisen to be voted for by someone commented to....:D

was that clarity in the finest form....? or ramblings of the village idiot...thumb.gif

Actually, this came up last round and most people seemed to feel that having a name attached to feedback gave a better sense of how/why the comments were made. Surely we're all trying to be constructive (I consider constructive feedback THE Dgrin "trademark", so wouldn't expect anything less from this great group of folks!). I know that comments don't influence my voting choices, but maybe that's just me? ne_nau.gif

And apologies again to all for my own faux pas with the gallery-wide comments thing. Ugh - I have NO idea why it happened; these college puters are weird sometimes.... Technology - great when it works and a PAIN when it doesn't! (And Emily, if the untidiness bothers you and you want to delete them, NO offence will be taken! I"ll just repost to the correct place. Your call!)
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    Just FYI: my entry in that gallery
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/6708233_2qBf6/1/428309972_7SQ3U/Large
    is an older version, my actual submission is here (updated Sunday)
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=975979&postcount=41
    or directly here
    http://nik.smugmug.com/photos/427147686_7mkqw-XL.jpg
    I hope judges get the correct version...

Nik,

The judges have the entry thread link to go on. thumb.gif

Emily
    Emily

edited December 1, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    My apologies to everybody. For some reason, the computer I'm using at work is posting my comments to ALL images in the gallery, even though I have the "this picture only" selection highlighted.

I'll stop posting feedback until I get home since I am unintentionally cluttering it up and making a mess. AAACK! SO sorry! :uhoheek7.gifhide:(:

Gallery cleaned up...start over. thumb.gif:D
    Emily

edited December 1, 2008
    Gallery cleaned up...start over. thumb.gif:D

Thank you! bowdown.gif I'm on my home computer now, so hopefully the problem won't recur.... rolleyes1.gif
    edited December 2, 2008
    I'm still working through the gallery and commenting, but here are my favorites, in no particular order:

Flyinggina - Mesmerized
    dplumer - A view from the bridge
    douglas - ice is nice
    hoofclix - with room to spare
    micalangelo- Morning storm clearing
    Curious Camel - Hazy day
    Shades of Hyperion - outside my front door
    Sathya - Diffused
    Jwear- flying blind
    jrnylst - Onion Creek Soup

As always, some spectacular images! I really like what this round brought out in people and I think it's interesting that following the "pure photography" discussion this one seemed to have a lot more images which fall into that category. Whether the theme simply inspired it, or whether the discussion motivated folks (consciously or not) I'm not sure, but it's a really interesting round of images.

Bravi tutti!
    edited December 2, 2008
    Here's the feedback from achambers:

4 TheCuriousCamel - HazyDay
    Good shot, the colors are wonderful. Even thought sunsets/rises are kind of cliche the grass in the foreground sets it apart for me.

6 Divamum - Iced Foliage
    I really like this image, I can't put a finger on why. There is something compelling about it that makes you want to explore. The clarity of the ice is great.

16 davev - Glowing
    The sign pulls you into the image but doesn't hold you so much that you don't wander around the image. Every time I looked I found something new. The headlight trail at the bottom looks wrong to me, it looks backwards to me like first curtain flash. I know it isn't, but it seems that way.

18 Flyinggina - Mesmerized
    The first thing I was drawn to was the womans face, as I looked around the image I kept being drawn back. I like your use of depth of field here. I'm not crazy about the red light but it works.

19 mtmillz - Clear as Mud
    I'm not sure why I was drawn to this image. Without the title I wouldn't have gotten the connection to the theme. Love the humorous title though.

24 ic4u - Luminous
    I look at this and wonder if the plant is blowing, frozen or in a vase. I sat and studied it for a little while and still can't pin it down. That huh quality is what kept drawing me back to this picture. The sharpness in this picture is very good. The only thing I might do to try and improve it would be to clone out the frond in the upper left, it feels like it's on a different plane than the rest.

31 fashiznitsgrins - In Your Dreams
    I like the high key treatment in theis image, the amount of softness is perfect. The cut off elbow on the right edge bothers me though.

36 sathya - Diffused
    The sharpness/clarity of the pool in this picture is amazing. With the milkyness of the water around the edge it makes me wonder how you got this with long exposures.

41 Nikolai - I can see your future
    Those eyes! No matter where I look the eyes keep drawing me back. I would clone out the stay hairs on the left though they are a little distracting.

51 micalngelo - Morning Storm Clearing
    I like the vanishing point of the bus and the composition in general. The sharpness is outstanding.

Thanks Alan!

I'll be sticking mine straight into the gallery. thumb.gif
    Emily