Options

grand canyon

2»

Comments

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited July 22, 2008
    wfeller wrote:
    What a moment, excellent photo!- At least to me, what you said is why I keep going out, 'cause sooner or later, once in awhile, I'll get it right, sort of. :)

thanks Walter!
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited July 22, 2008
    Luck is always a part of the equation, but I don't buy that it is a big part of it. Preparation is also a big part of it. Give yourself a little more credit!thumb.gif

yes i agree, without the scouting the day before this shot it would have never happend! (though i did not know the pools were to be filled. im sure everyone can imagine my delight.

also, by more dramas im just meaning that i would like those glorious colors upon clouds along with the once a year rainfall.
    rolleyes1.gif am i asking too much?:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    i meant i havent seen you around lately...have you been lurking in other forums?ne_nau.gif

Heh...yea...I haven't had the opportunity to get out for landscapes for sometime....and it's been driving me crazy. Been hanging out in the people forum with weddings/portraits and such but have been away for about 3 weeks or so. Life gets so busy sometimes. I'll try to hang around here more often as landscapes are way up there on my passion scale...Laughing.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • Options
    coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2008
    a different view of the grand canyon.
    this place is called toroweap, very primiative, many dangerous variables.
    7hr drive round trip from saint george utah, but only 190 miles total.
    im so grateful to have been there during an amazing storm with the aftermath of natural pools.
    due to the lightning storm a lighting trigger is now on my birthday list.
    one last thing, when you come across situations that are a very rare occurance do you experiance regret that you didnt get it just right, or not enough? once i got home i felt like there was so much i missed. (my keeper percentage is very low, maybe thats part of it)
    Just an awesome photo, the detail in the foreground is amazing!

For me regret and photography are synonymous. I never feel that I've done a place any justice, it always seems like I'm missing out and don't have enough time to capture it properly, weekends and evenings are barely enough to feed my photography addiction and the withdrawl symptoms are driving me slowly crazy. It's very frustrating. And it's not really rational either, when I look back at the end of the month I realize I actually did get a lot of shooting in, but I still feel that every time I'm not shooting I could be, and if I don't take full advantage of an opportunity I get pissed because feel I don't get enough opportunities.

Anyway, enough of that. Also, don't worry about the keeper percentage, it's the number of keepers, not the number of shots, that matters. I can trace obvious improvements in my photography with larger memory card purchases :D
  • Options
    edited July 23, 2008
    thanks Ron!!! your an inspiration to me and im so glad we all have the same pains and trails with this crazyness called photog:D
    haha your statments are as if i wrote them....ive been to many shoots this year and i still feel like i havent been to half as many as i want.rolleyes1.gif

this trip was by far the luckest ive had, maybe it was just a simple gift. cuz its funny the day before when scouting i thought about rain and how nice it would make the scene... with more years of experiance i could have capitalized on this op.
    i am glad i have what i have. but i just feel like kicking myself in the butt for not doing this or that...:D

i PP through about four shots tonight, i will do two more tomorrow after work and try to post some... they are not as stong as this one but i like them and im greatful i didnt have my ISO maxed out or someting stupid like that in which ive done prior times....heehee
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    BeemerChefBeemerChef Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    thanks Dave!
    this was a most memoriable one, and like i said...what timing! i have been to this area many times (never with a camera until this last go) and have never seen the little pools filled. there are some bigger ones that have water for longer of a time...(well long enough for tadpoles to grow into toads) but they are not as photogenic as these little ones imo...
    (i will post more shots asap)

so when is your next vegas trip? gonna make room for this place? look me up.

Awesome shot! I am always looking for pools...
    In response to a few replies earlier as far as shots taken, I do the opposite... will take hundreds a day! Some I keep for documentation... and maybe one a month is a keeper!
    Will be in Zion friday by the way... also St George for some shopping! Have not seen a store in over two months!:D
    Be well... Ara & Spirit
    The Oasis of my Soul our Blog and Life Therapy...
    My Gallery in progress...
    On the road, homeless, with my buddy Spirit...
  • Options
    edited August 13, 2008
    were you in st.georges Smiths store today? i saw a biker dude there that was all decked out in style....
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    BeemerChefBeemerChef Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited August 13, 2008
    were you in st.georges Smiths store today? i saw a biker dude there that was all decked out in style....

No, we are still in Escalante... + we are never decked out after two years on the road! But Spirit is in his sidecar...:D
    319144180_HeAoY-L-1.jpg

I'll send you a pm when we are there... maybe coffee?
    Be well... Ara & Spirit
    The Oasis of my Soul our Blog and Life Therapy...
    My Gallery in progress...
    On the road, homeless, with my buddy Spirit...
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2008
    k, send me a pm when in town...
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2008
    Aaron,

You've done it again thumb.gif

Great photograph.
    Randy