Mega Challenge: Where is everyone?

richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
edited August 25, 2008 in The Dgrin Challenges
Just a little over 24 hours left and a little over 1/2 of those folks eligible have submitted entries. :huh Of the 27 eligible I figured we'd have 24-25 entries submitted by now. :scratch

Comments

• VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    I've been wondering that, too. headscratch.gif
  • VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    I noticed the same thing during LPS semi final rounds? If I were eligible I would at least submit something? I don't really get it either?headscratch.gif And it certainly is something that isn't discussed...

Winston
  • pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Linda,

I know that I have been way busy with life and really struggling to get any kind of ideas. This is by far the toughest challenge I have participated in, especially trying to come up with unique or different ideas.

When i saw some of the entries i was really disheartened and thought about not submitting an image because the competition was so good.

Maybe other people are in the same boat that I faced? Or maybe they have some amazing ideas which they don't want to reveal too early?

I hope everyone does join in.

cheers/peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Tough assignment, I'd say...

However, round 6 for the rest of us isn't exactly filled to the brim either.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Yes, 8 still entries left to come for the MC. And I was hoping for 40-50 in Round 6 too. Surely no one has forgotten? I dunno, but I think it took getting through the 1st quarter of LPS to really get things rolling. We'll see. A lot can happen in the next 13 hours. ne_nau.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    It is pretty quiet so far. I'm expecting a flurry of 6am entries to roll in that will floor us mwink.gif
    edited August 24, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    Tough assignment, I'd say...

However, round 6 for the rest of us isn't exactly filled to the brim either.

Sorry, I'm not going to make obtaining a new camera and lifetime SmugMug Pro account easy...naughty.gif
    Emily

• VisualXpressionsVisualXpressions Registered Users Posts: 860 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    One reason may be the entry deadline change... those of us used to the minute past midnight are wondering where everyone else is... :D
    edited August 24, 2008
    Yes, 8 still entries left to come for the MC. And I was hoping for 40-50 in Round 6 too. Surely no one has forgotten? I dunno, but I think it took getting through the 1st quarter of LPS to really get things rolling. We'll see. A lot can happen in the next 13 hours. ne_nau.gif

Emily,

I live in the Philippines, so my time and date stamp will be 12 hours ahead from the official cut off time. Do you take this into account when looking into the EXIF information?

Thanks/Peter
  • KurtPrestonKurtPreston Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    Sorry, I'm not going to make obtaining a new camera and lifetime SmugMug Pro account easy...naughty.gif

Sigh, and neither will our fellow contestants bowdown.gif
    edited August 24, 2008
    eoren1 wrote:
    It is pretty quiet so far. I'm expecting a flurry of 6am entries to roll in that will floor us mwink.gif

Me, too. Although I'm terribly nervous of the ones already entered. lol3.gif

One thing this challenge has offered me is a chance to really get past my creativity block. And it took a lot to do that! I'll be forever grateful even though I don't think I'll win this one. I'm just so happy to have learned how to branch out and become less afraid of the other side of the lens. :D
    edited August 24, 2008
    VelvtRide wrote:
    Me, too. Although I'm terribly nervous of the ones already entered. lol3.gif

One thing this challenge has offered me is a chance to really get past my creativity block. And it took a lot to do that! I'll be forever grateful even though I don't think I'll win this one. I'm just so happy to have learned how to branch out and become less afraid of the other side of the lens. :D

I remember the pain of last year's competition and the emotional roller coaster ride I took throughout the year. I even wrote about it in my blog as therapy or healing mwink.gif

This year doesn't promise to be any easier but I think that it'll be somewhat of an easier emotional ride.
  • pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008

I'm not saying it should be easy :D

I think that theme could, and has already got some pretty fantastic works of art. There's time though, there might be a few late post processing sessions going on.
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
    edited August 24, 2008
    Can anyone else not see the image from eoren1? It went missing after I pressed refresh in my browser. I sent a private message but I don't know if it's just me or not.

Cheers/Peter
    edited August 24, 2008
    pemmett wrote:
    Emily,

I live in the Philippines, so my time and date stamp will be 12 hours ahead from the official cut off time. Do you take this into account when looking into the EXIF information?

Thanks/Peter

This should not be the case. If you shoot any time from now until 8am in the morning my time, then the exif date would be off. And even then it would be ahead and just look weird. Otherwise, I don't see why there'd be an issue. If you post on Dgrin now, it shows your time stamp for you, and mine for me. Clear as mud?
    Emily

edited August 24, 2008
    pyry wrote:
    I'm not saying it should be easy :D

I think that theme could, and has already got some pretty fantastic works of art. There's time though, there might be a few late post processing sessions going on.

Yeah, I got ya. I'm just glad I don't have to come up with something for either of these themes! rolleyes1.gif
    Emily

edited August 24, 2008
    This should not be the case. If you shoot any time from now until 8am in the morning my time, then the exif date would be off. And even then it would be ahead and just look weird. Otherwise, I don't see why there'd be an issue. If you post on Dgrin now, it shows your time stamp for you, and mine for me. Clear as mud?

Emily, Thanks. Just didn't want anyone accusing me of going into the future to take a photorolleyes1.gif

Cheers/Peter
    edited August 24, 2008
    pemmett wrote:
    Can anyone else not see the image from eoren1? It went missing after I pressed refresh in my browser. I sent a private message but I don't know if it's just me or not.

Cheers/Peter

Her shot is fine in my browser, refreshed to see if it went mising and its still fine.

Whoopsies, her=him.
    edited August 24, 2008
    pemmett wrote:

Cheers/Peter

I could not view it, either, until a bit ago. It's all good, now. thumb.gif
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    The theme was not so easy. I know I was cussing about it the entire two weeks. :bluduh rolleyes1.gif

You don't need to make it easy, Emily. Just fun. And in spite of everything, I did have fun with this.

I'm just praying this doesn't turn into something where folks start complaining that they weren't informed about SOMEthing or other. eek7.gif
    edited August 24, 2008
    VelvtRide wrote:
    I could not view it, either, until a bit ago. It's all good, now. thumb.gif
    Yes it's OK now. Apparently there was an issue with the link.
    edited August 24, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    The theme was not so easy. I know I was cussing about it the entire two weeks. :bluduh rolleyes1.gif

You don't need to make it easy, Emily. Just fun. And in spite of everything, I did have fun with this.

My kids enjoyed this one the most as they finally negotiated a model fee for the two photos I took for this roundeek7.gif

Janelle - 5 years old
    357669950_atnPF-S.jpg

Abigail - 8 years old
    357671094_nnaxP-S.jpg

Apparently the phrase "nothing in life is free" is being taught at a very young age at school nowadays!
    edited August 24, 2008
    richtersl wrote:

Laughing.gif! I had the opposite problem with the same end result. Way too many possible interpretations beyond my present abilities to execute them :) And when I did have something in mind and was ready to shoot, it was already done and posted by someone else ... (periodic table of elements, GONE ... wait I'll set ice on fire, GONE! ...sunsets/sunrise, GONE! ... heh heh)

Very frustrating two weeks, but fun!
    edited August 24, 2008
    ...Way too many possible interpretations beyond my present abilities to execute them...

When I went to Wikipedia to look up the term my head started hurting. rolleyes1.gif Definitely WAY too many possible interpretations.
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    No worries... It's been a tradition for LPS SFs to submint late. I'm sure most will come around...
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited August 24, 2008
    I am sure everyone will show up eventually. I figured its just their way of not giving away any ideas. I came up with so many and shot over 100 shots of different interpretations of this theme. Not easy at all...very agonizing to choose. I felt after the first enty was put up I had to come up with something! I have been bouncing around with different ideas ever since....:confused
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2008
    is it tomorrow yet?
    Aaron Nelson
    edited August 24, 2008
    is it tomorrow yet?

It is for pemmet. rolleyes1.gif
    edited August 24, 2008
    clap.gif Yay! Halite just submitted a photo!!!
    edited August 24, 2008
    JAG wrote:
    I am sure everyone will show up eventually. I figured its just their way of not giving away any ideas. I came up with so many and shot over 100 shots of different interpretations of this theme. Not easy at all...very agonizing to choose. I felt after the first enty was put up I had to come up with something! I have been bouncing around with different ideas ever since....:confused

And what a first entry! I had to go back to the drawing board! lol3.gif