Check your exifs!

13»

Comments

• VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2008
    Or it's something they give you in England on your birthday. But that has nothing to do with this. :D

lol3.gif

Dirty bird!
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    VelvtRide wrote:
    lol3.gif

Dirty bird!

Nothing dirty about the bumps...unless you do it in the mud of course.
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

Nothing dirty about the bumps...unless you do it in the mud of course.

lol3.gif

Would help if I understood english terms terms better. mwink.gif
  • Blaze Z BlazeBlaze Z Blaze Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    edited September 16, 2008
    EXIF Questions (yes i know, another one)
    The picture I posted in the challenge is an HDR rendering and thus lost its EXIF info once it was processed. My EXIF link right now, leads to the original picture taken, before processing, does anyone know if that is ok?

Link:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=919442&postcount=14

I PM'd Greensquared about this but didnt get a reply, so I can only assume she cant reply to me because she is a judge? If anyone else knows the correct answer, let me know. I would hate to get DQed on a tech.
    Emily can, and will, reply. Here are the rules:
    PHOTO ENTRIES - A Must Read!

Entries MUST meet the following criteria, or they will be subject to disqualification:
    1. Fresh Photos Only: Digital photos must be shot during the respective 2-week contest period.
    2. Proof of Fresh Photo: Entries must have exif embedded or appended. Click here and here for help. Photos made via HDR must include the exif from one of the merged images. Composite images must be composed entirely of fresh images, and must include exif from ALL of the images used.
    3. Post Processing: As a digital photography challenge, there are no limits on post-processing, unless stated otherwise for a "special" challenge round.
    4. Number of Entries: Only one photo may be entered into each challenge round's entry thread per photographer.
    5. Pre-posting for peer input: You may post your potential entries for comment/critique in a separate thread in the The Dgrin Challenges Forum.
    6. Entering Your Image: You may enter a photo into the challenge thread at any time during the challenge period, and you can also change that submission at anytime during the challenge period, by editing your post. The order of entries in the challenge gallery has no bearing on the selection of the finalists.
    7. Image Size: Photos must be not longer than 800 pixels on their longest side. If you use SmugMug, link a -L image (Large) for landscapes or use a custom image size to maximize a portrait. If you cannot link your photo, attachments are limited to 150Kb in size.
    8. Watermarks: Photos may not exhibit branding or watermarks at any time during the entry period and until all judging for that round is complete. A small signature and copyright at the bottom of the image are encouraged.
    9. Borders/Frames: No borders or framing (discussion here). In the event of a triptych or other multi-shot image, a 1 pixel black or white separation line will be permitted.
    10. Name Your Entry: You must give a unique name to your photo in the title of your entry post, for selection and voting purposes.
    You can find them here.

Hope this helps!
  • Blaze Z BlazeBlaze Z Blaze Registered Users Posts: 79 Big grins
    ha, well now i feel dumb. Thanks though, it answered my question!
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    The picture I posted in the challenge is an HDR rendering and thus lost its EXIF info once it was processed. My EXIF link right now, leads to the original picture taken, before processing, does anyone know if that is ok?

Link:
    http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=919442&postcount=14

I PM'd Greensquared about this but didnt get a reply, so I can only assume she cant reply to me because she is a judge? If anyone else knows the correct answer, let me know. I would hate to get DQed on a tech.

Sorry, no PM in my inbox. ne_nau.gif

Thanks for replying, Heidi.thumb.gif
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

Sorry, no PM in my inbox. ne_nau.gif

Thanks for replying, Heidi.thumb.gif

I've had some PMs get losted in 'netland, too.

'Twas a pleasure - I enjoy helping out. :D
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    I just merged the last 5 posts from their own separate thread.

When did we start worrying more about exifs than photos? ne_nau.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

DoctorIt wrote:
    I just merged the last 5 posts from their own separate thread.

When did we start worrying more about exifs than photos? ne_nau.gif

Not sure 'worrying' is the word? The main reason I started this thread was because I didn't want to see anyone DQ'd from not posting their EXIF's(correctly). It's very easy to do it wrong and, even though it's like clockwork for seasoned participants, new d'grinners might find it easily missed and misunderstood.

Even with this thread, there are a couple participants in #8 that haven't posted properly. I hate to see that and it'd make me upset to enter a contest only to be DQ'd from something as simple as not posting correctly, but having an outstanding image.

Just my .02 - you know how I am, Erik. lol3.gif
  • DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    VelvtRide wrote:
    Just my .02 - you know how I am, Erik. lol3.gif
    I know. But it's my job to play devils advocate. I mean, when it comes down to it, it's a freaking photo contest on the internet, not an olympic event!

I do the same thing in my classroom. After roughly 10 questions along the lines of "will line 3 of page 57 be on the exam?", I stop answering, bring the class to silence, and ask them a question: "what's the title of this chapter? [pause] Good! That's what will be on the exam!"

Don't lose sight of the big picture (pun intended).
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

DoctorIt wrote:
    I know. But it's my job to play devils advocate. I mean, when it comes down to it, it's a freaking photo contest on the internet, not an olympic event!

I do the same thing in my classroom. After roughly 10 questions along the lines of "will line 3 of page 57 be on the exam?", I stop answering, bring the class to silence, and ask them a question: "what's the title of this chapter? [pause] Good! That's what will be on the exam!"

Don't lose sight of the big picture (pun intended).

I hear ya. :D