smugmug subscription prices to rise

1235»

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    jfriend wrote:
    the current upgrade restriction isn't making sense to us and isn't matching our expectations.
    OK, so I'll try to elaborate: Upgrades are never an exact or fixed amount. They will vary day by day, and customer by customer (standard, power, pro) and when, in the annual cycle, the customer is upgrading. Say you were a standard customer, $39.95 and decided after a month to upgrade to pro. Do the math - we'd have to apply enough $10 referral credits and then some credit card charge of pennies up to $9.99. Our system just isn't set up for that. Could it be? Maybe. But it's not at the moment. Referral credits are always good for renewals and gifting.

I hope this helps.
  • InskiPInskiP Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited February 27, 2006
    Just wondering when it's time to renew if my card is automatically charged, or will I recieve some kind of notification? I can't seem to remember how it works. And I will be charged the rate I signed up at, correct?
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    InskiP wrote:
    Just wondering when it's time to renew if my card is automatically charged, or will I recieve some kind of notification? I can't seem to remember how it works. And I will be charged the rate I signed up at, correct?

You'll get an email ~30 days prior to your renewal date, letting you know what your rate is (you're right, it won't change) and giving you the option of cancelling or whatever.

Hope that helps!

Don
  • GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2006
    I had 4 referral credits and now im down to 1. I have about a month left of my subscription so I presumed the referral credits were auto used, guess Ill find out in a month, hehe.
  • noniladynonilady Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    account renewal : pro a/c
    do we pay the old rate or the new rate for pro a/c renewal

thanks
    Nonilady
    long way to go but getting there:D:ivar:lynnma
  • Eric&SusanEric&Susan Registered Users Posts: 1,280 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    nonilady wrote:
    do we pay the old rate or the new rate for pro a/c renewal

thanks

If you signed up before the rate increases you still pay the old rate. If you signed up after the rate increases you pay the new rate. So basically your renewal is the same price you first paid when you signed up.

Eric
    "My dad taught me everything I know, unfortunately he didn't teach me everything he knows" Dale Earnhardt Jr

It's better to be hated for who you are than to be loved for who you're not.

http://photosbyeric.smugmug.com
  • noniladynonilady Registered Users Posts: 204 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    Eric&Susan wrote:
    If you signed up before the rate increases you still pay the old rate. If you signed up after the rate increases you pay the new rate. So basically your renewal is the same price you first paid when you signed up.

Eric

Nonilady
    long way to go but getting there:D:ivar:lynnma
  • I SimoniusI Simonius Registered Users Posts: 1,034 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    there is no free lunch.
    my econ 101 prof at university taught that to me.

he'd obviously never hitched across the continent in the 70's then!rolleyes1.gif
    Veni-Vidi-Snappii
    ...pics..