A day in the life of dgrin! (an unofficial challenge)…#2

13»

Comments

• Options
    jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2008
    KevXman wrote:
    Paul,

Were you going to start a new thread to post "A Day In The Life..." photos or did you want us to do so here?

— Kevin

I believe the idea was to start a new thread to post our images on Saturday, Sept. 27th.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    I believe the idea was to start a new thread to post our images on Saturday, Sept. 27th.

Doh! If at first you don't succeed, read the friggin' directions. I'm not old enough to be having a senior moment but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

— Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    KevXman wrote:
    Doh! If at first you don't succeed, read the friggin' directions. I'm not old enough to be having a senior moment but that's my story and I'm sticking to it.

— Kevin

rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    Shoot!! ...or lack there of...
    I have been trying to stay away from the forum the past few weeks so I would not accidently catch a glimpse of anyones DSS #8 entries and... in doing so....I completly forgot about a day in the life of.... shoot!
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Options
    pyrypyry Registered Users Posts: 1,733 Major grins
    Karrie McD wrote:
    I have been trying to stay away from the forum the past few weeks so I would not accidently catch a glimpse of anyones DSS #8 entries and... in doing so....I completly forgot about a day in the life of.... shoot!

Did you happen to shoot anything on saturday?
    Creativity's hard.

http://pyryekholm.kuvat.fi/
  • Options
    Karrie McDKarrie McD Registered Users Posts: 372 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2008
    Nope
    pyry wrote:
    Did you happen to shoot anything on saturday?

I did not pick up my camera once :cry

I spent the day finally processing my vacation photos from a few months ago... picking up my camera totally slipped my mind....

I will have fun looking at all your photos though.

The funny thing is, I even wrote it down on my callendar to help me remember to pick up the camera... never looked at my callender once that day ne_nau.gif
    "Whether you think you can or you can't, you are right."
  • Options
    PaulThomasMcKeePaulThomasMcKee Registered Users Posts: 429 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2008
    As I promised...nothing too exciting from me this time. It rained like crazy up here in the great NW last Saturday! Wouldn't you know it...three weeks of beautiful summer weather and then boom - rain. Ah well, we're used to it but it's tough to think of summer being over.

We had fun moving Alex to his new apt. at Western Washington University in Bellingham. His older brother Miles is a WWU alum and lives and works in Bellingham so it was fun to get together with him too.

Can't wait to see everyone's shot's from their day...I know there's going to be some cool stuff.
  • Options
    I had a really tough job dwindling the set down to ten, but I made it - unlike getting stuck at 11 last time :D

I managed to do just about everything I planned to earlier. Most of my shooting was hurried and I only had a vague idea of what I was getting along with feeling that what I was doing needed to suck less.

Trying to catch arrows by setting the camera to fire off 40 shot bursts wasn't such a good idea after all. Only got one and the shot is... not as nice as I would have hoped.

Somehow though, I did manage get a few good ones :D

See you in the reveal thread!
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    Oh Paul -- you guys really had some lousy weather that day but at least you got your son moved into his new place.

pemmet's photos look good enough to eat!
  • Options
    richtersl wrote:
    Oh Paul -- you guys really had some lousy weather that day but at least you got your son moved into his new place.

Yeah, that chocolate cake is yummy, want one!
    #4 and #8 are really good photos.

Linda - I like the statues and the distillery, I'd love to visit a place like that.
    Creativity's hard.

• Options
    ilbcnuilbcnu Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    After looking at those pics I just added chocolate cake to the grocery list!!
    Dan- you and I were only a few streets away from each other that day!
    Great fun and interesting to see a clip of everyones day:D
    Amanda
    It is never to late to become what you might have been.
    www.behindthezoom.com
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    ilbcnu wrote:
    After looking at those pics I just added chocolate cake to the grocery list!!
    Dan- you and I were only a few streets away from each other that day!
    Great fun and interesting to see a clip of everyones day:D

I just noticed that Amanda. Small world eh. Maybe we can go out for a shoot some time wings.gif
  • Options
    VelvtRideVelvtRide Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    I won't have my computer back until Tuesday - can I use that day to upload and share my day o' pics? ear.gif
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    why not???

its really just a matter of shots from the specific day....right?

i wont even have mine up til later today...
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    A Big Thanks
    Thank you PTM!

My day was made better for it!:D

btw - nice shots everyone!
  • Options
    pyry wrote:
    Yeah, that chocolate cake is yummy, want one!
    #4 and #8 are really good photos.

Linda - I like the statues and the distillery, I'd love to visit a place like that.
    That distillery was pretty neat! The building we were in was rebuilt just recently. The original foundation of the distillery was excavated in 1997 and the structure was rebuilt in 2006-2007 after years of painstaking research. It's one thing to see original 18th century equipment in an exhibit but another thing completely to see its replicas at work. You could still smell the freshly hewn wood, just as the 18th century workers would have.

Mount Vernon is very easy to visit on a day trip to Washington, DC. The two are only about a 20 - 30 minute car ride apart.
  • Options
    slpollettslpollett Registered Users Posts: 1,198 Major grins
    JeffMeyers--I really like your sunrise formation.

Lisap--that moon shot is really cool. Love it.

Magpie--Earl is gorgeous! That pic makes me want to scoop him up and rub his ears. If he's like my oldest cat, that would probably make him mad tho!

Cuong--I know what you mean about seeing the same routines 90 times. My daughter competed level 4 for 2 years & I am sooooo glad to have moved on.

Overall, I have enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures. I love the autumn leaves pictures because we don't get that where I live. I enjoyed the pics of Paris and Mount Vernon and the parades and the kids' sports and all the other fun stuff y'all found to photograph.

Thanks for sharing.

Sherry
  • Options
    jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    slpollett wrote:
    JeffMeyers--I really like your sunrise formation.

Magpie--Earl is gorgeous! That pic makes me want to scoop him up and rub his ears. If he's like my oldest cat, that would probably make him mad tho!

Cuong--I know what you mean about seeing the same routines 90 times. My daughter competed level 4 for 2 years & I am sooooo glad to have moved on.

Overall, I have enjoyed looking at everyone's pictures. I love the autumn leaves pictures because we don't get that where I live. I enjoyed the pics of Paris and Mount Vernon and the parades and the kids' sports and all the other fun stuff y'all found to photograph.

Thanks for sharing.

Sherry

Thanks, Sherry!
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • Options
    KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2008
    richtersl wrote:
    That distillery was pretty neat! The building we were in was rebuilt just recently. The original foundation of the distillery was excavated in 1997 and the structure was rebuilt in 2006-2007 after years of painstaking research. It's one thing to see original 18th century equipment in an exhibit but another thing completely to see its replicas at work. You could still smell the freshly hewn wood, just as the 18th century workers would have.

Mount Vernon is very easy to visit on a day trip to Washington, DC. The two are only about a 20 - 30 minute car ride apart.

Linda,

I meant to ask you before. What did you think of the new visitor's center at Mount Vernon. I have not been there since it opened.

— Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
  • Options
    KevXman wrote:
    Linda,

I meant to ask you before. What did you think of the new visitor's center at Mount Vernon. I have not been there since it opened.

— Kevin

The new visitor's center is F A B U L O U S!!! thumb.gifI highly recommend it. The 3 figures of Washington at age 20, 47, and the age he was when he was inaugurated are something to behold. They look so real that you expect him to walk up to you and shake your hand at any moment. The only stinker about going someplace like that with a group is that you're on a schedule.
  • Options
    pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    richtersl wrote:

Linda, Thanks for the compliments. I just wish that I could add in the taste dimension to the photo for you guys to try as it was absolutely fabulous.

Cheers/peter
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • Options
    lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2008
    slpollett wrote:

Sherry

Thanks Sherry. I was so disappointed that I didn't get a nice sunrise shot that day but the moon was a nice surprise when I turned around and made up for some of my disappointment :)

I loved looking through everyone's pictures and reading the stories that went along with them. clap.gif

And thanks again Paul for getting us organized to do this. I really enjoyed it. :D

-- Lisa P.