Marketing Idea... opinions?

2»

Comments

• Options
    mmmattmmmatt Registered Users Posts: 1,347 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    dogwood wrote: »
    Well if it's a gift, you don't really need any tips here. :D

I would caution you not to develop a reputation as a photographer who provides his services for free or reduced rates though. If you ever change your mind about turning a profit (and who knows when that might happen in this economy?) , it will be very hard to shake the rep as the guy who does it for free.

I will also note that I had thought about this a lot in the last couple years and I have followed this advice. I wasn't sure where I had heard it first, but this is probably it. So thanks dogwood and Nicolai... good advice. Looking at this set reminds me how much I've grown with portaits too... if you look at that gallery don't judge!! Hit the port link at the top. Ha!

Matt
    My Smugmug site

Bodies: Canon 5d mkII, 5d, 40d
    Lenses: 24-70 f2.8L, 70-200 f4.0L, 135 f2L, 85 f1.8, 50 1.8, 100 f2.8 macro, Tamron 28-105 f2.8
    Flash: 2x 580 exII, Canon ST-E2, 2x Pocket Wizard flexTT5, and some lower end studio strobes
  • Options
    GerryDavidGerryDavid Registered Users Posts: 439 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2011
    Mmmatt, how hard is it to get smugmug pro to look like a normal website? I dont know a ton about css and stuff like that, just html. I noticed your page is smugmug pro.