Autumn on Mt. Baker

2»

Comments

• hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    As usual wonderful shots all around. I particularly like #4 and #5 in the first set because of the foreground lighting bringing emphasis to the bright colors. And the sunrise shot of Mt. Shuksan is stunning.

My only suggestion would be to occasionally slip in a bad picture to make some of us feel a little better. :D If you can't find anything I'm sure I can loan you a shot taken at noon with harsh shadows and little or no redeeming value.mwink.gif

Again, beautiful pictures. I always look forward to your posts.
  • kitvankitvan Registered Users Posts: 243 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    great stuff man!!

I wish I could spend as much time in the backcountry as you do!! :cry

Thank you for your continued contribution!!! It's always a pleasure to look at your work! bowdown.gif
    "Time is an illusion. Lunchtime, doubly so."
  • squirl033squirl033 Registered Users Posts: 1,230 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Oh-stupid-thirty :) I'm about 2.5 hours away in Bellevue. The best Mt. Baker sunrise photo from that day is #4. #5 was taken an hour or two after sunrise.

Bellevue, huh? I'm in Kirkland! We're practically neighbors! ;)
    ~ Rocky
    "Out where the rivers like to run, I stand alone, and take back something worth remembering..."
    Three Dog Night

www.northwestnaturalimagery.com
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    Ron, absolutely great images, good colors and compositions clap.gifbowdown.gif . You captured the area quite well considering the occasional inconsiderate photographer. Picture lake at this time of year can be a little like going to Costco on Saturday before the game. Those little tarns out east of artist point really offer some nice images.

I was trying to get up there this past Sunday, but the weather was total crap and I was finishing putting my van back together for a three week road trip to Montana and Yellowstone.

Great work, I too am practically a neighbor in Clearview.

Regards,

Phil

http://roaddog52.smugmug.com/photos/195289016_NuBJ7-L.jpg

http://roaddog52.smugmug.com/photos/195688027_KzjUg-L.jpg
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • JAGJAG Super Moderators Posts: 9,088 moderator
    edited October 7, 2008
    beautiful!!thumb.gif
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    As usual wonderful shots all around. I particularly like #4 and #5 in the first set because of the foreground lighting bringing emphasis to the bright colors. And the sunrise shot of Mt. Shuksan is stunning.

My only suggestion would be to occasionally slip in a bad picture to make some of us feel a little better. :D If you can't find anything I'm sure I can loan you a shot taken at noon with harsh shadows and little or no redeeming value.mwink.gif

Again, beautiful pictures. I always look forward to your posts.

Heh, thanks! I do have plenty of crap photos, some of them even sneak into dgrin, but I try to be a little selective. If you looked at my gallery, you'd find a ton of them (one of these days I'm going to delete about 80% of the photos on there).
    edited October 7, 2008
    kitvan wrote:
    great stuff man!!

I wish I could spend as much time in the backcountry as you do!! :cry

Thank you for your continued contribution!!! It's always a pleasure to look at your work! bowdown.gif

Thanks! I don't get out as often as I would like (I haven't taken any significant vacation time in almost three years, most of these outings are insane day trips where I get up before dawn and get back after dusk). I'm lucky to live in a place where there are amazing landscapes within close reach.
    edited October 7, 2008
    Roaddog 52 wrote:
    Ron, absolutely great images, good colors and compositions clap.gifbowdown.gif . You captured the area quite well considering the occasional inconsiderate photographer. Picture lake at this time of year can be a little like going to Costco on Saturday before the game. Those little tarns out east of artist point really offer some nice images.

I was trying to get up there this past Sunday, but the weather was total crap and I was finishing putting my van back together for a three week road trip to Montana and Yellowstone.

Great work, I too am practically a neighbor in Clearview.

Regards,

Phil

http://roaddog52.smugmug.com/photos/195289016_NuBJ7-L.jpg

http://roaddog52.smugmug.com/photos/195688027_KzjUg-L.jpg

Thanks Phil, looks like we found the same tarn :D

I took last Wednesday off because I knew the weather would turn to total crap and now Artist Point is closed (what a short season!), I'm lucky I did. I haven't done much photography in the North Cascades outside of the Mt. Baker area, I'll try and remedy that this year and next.
  • Bruce NovotneyBruce Novotney Registered Users Posts: 81 Big grins
    edited October 7, 2008
    Wow! Stunning series!
  • redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 9, 2008
    I LOVE #10!! I shoot a lot of paths and roads, so that one really caught my eye. Also like 6--the colors and reflections are awesome. The colors in the next few are fantastic, but I felt a bit overwhelmed with them. I like the way the blues in the mountains in the background complemented the foliage colors in #6. Fantastic series all around!

Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • rontront Registered Users Posts: 1,473 Major grins
    edited October 15, 2008
    Simply AMAZING. I am in awe!!

Ron
    "The question is not what you look at, but what you see". Henry David Thoreau

http://ront.smugmug.com/
    Nikon D600, Nikon 85 f/1.8G, Nikon 24-120mm f/4, Nikon 70-300, Nikon SB-700, Canon S95
    edited October 17, 2008
    Four more
    Thanks for the comments everyone. Here's four more from the trip (this will be the last of them, none of the others are any good :D)

386375369_vu6ZE-L.jpg

386378306_v8iUo-L.jpg

386376748_vgxRu-L.jpg

386379549_PBo56-L.jpg
  • johnojohno Registered Users Posts: 617 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    WOW! I've got to get out of Wenatchee and head north. Love #4. thumb.gif

peace.
    johno~
    If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.
    ~Mother Teresa

Canon 1D Mark II / Canon 50D / Canon 30D / Canon G9
    Canon 50mm 1.4
    Canon 24-105 f/4 L IS / Canon 70-200 f/2.8 L

blog
    johno's gallery
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited October 18, 2008
    Yet another jaw-dropping set. :jawdrop

You've got the locations, and the techniques to capture them. Just beautiful. bowdown.gif
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2008
    All are great Ron, but # 5 and your narrative are my favorites. clap.gif It is experiences like yours that sometimes make it difficult to like human beings rolleyes1.gif As for your ability to control your temper, I know I would have made it clear how thoughtless and rude people were being, but I am from NY rolleyes1.gif