Happy Birthday to ol'Emily

Comments

• shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    Shatch singing?...i think i will pass:D

headscratch.gif And I thought you were my friend. Should I be offended? Have you ever heard Povaroti or Josh Groban? Well... I don't sound like them. Maybe you are right. Pass is a good option.
    edited October 22, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    oh... don't tempt me..! (hey shatch- you really another opera type or you just being funny?)

Divamum (who really DOES sing for her supper.... divamum.blogspot.com)

OK...after I put this online, I will need your critique. thumb.gif Word of caution...listen to me on an empty stomach.
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    i will start the c&c now, i dont need to hear ya to know how great it will be..

:banned

now kinding aside, if you are a great singer dont take offence to my fun...
    Aaron Nelson
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    OK...I have thought about it all day and have decided I'm going to do it. Hey...it is just my reputation on the line. eek7.gif Watch this space for more info.

Waiting with breathless anticipation...ear.gif :help :uhoh
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

edited October 22, 2008
    Just put the tux on...practicing with my daughter who will be playing the piano. It is coming soon!!!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Just put the tux on...practicing with my daughter who will be playing the piano. It is coming soon!!!

Umm, excuse me but are you currying favour for the LOUD challenge!? Huh... take it from me... anything you can sing, I can sing LOUDER muahahahahahahahah naughty.gifnodlol3.gifbad
  • LiquidAirLiquidAir Registered Users Posts: 1,751 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    Happy Birthday!
    edited October 22, 2008
    OK...without further delay, here it is. My debut and final internet singing appearance. CAUTION: This is not for the faint of heart. The deaf may thoroughly enjoy it. This was taken in one single take without practice. Poor white balance and poor composition. But hey, I'm just heading out to my son's choir performance (guarantee it will be better than this)!!!!!!!

Greensquared, I hope you don't mind that I made it more generic so everyone on DGRIN who has a birthday can take advantage of the song.

Last warning. I am not legally liable for any harm or mental scaring this make cause. Listen and watch at your own risk!!!!

PS. I do have a serious side to me too. Check out my blog.

[IMG]<object width="425" height="318"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf&quot; /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9NDAwMzQ3NzczJms9WEFCa0gmYT01MTA1NjEwX0J2UmVEJnU9dGVzc2VyYWN0" /><embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf&quot; flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9NDAwMzQ3NzczJms9WEFCa0gmYT01MTA1NjEwX0J2UmVEJnU9dGVzc2VyYWN0" width="425" height="318" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>[/IMG]

Smugmug was still processing the movie. This is the link to it though. I have to run now.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    OK...without further delay, here it is.

Growing up in your family has got to be a total blast! lol3.gif Awesome.
    edited October 22, 2008
    shatch wrote:

Oh.
    Muh.
    Guh.

clap.giflynnmaclap.giflynnmaclap.gif

(see... see???? I TOLD you it was ALL about a #11 entry. Take a still from that and there you have it. "Loud". Tada. rolleyes1.gif )
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 22, 2008
    edited October 22, 2008
    :ivar :ivar :ivar

nice....im glad to know you have a day job

C&C :

replace the words "happy birthday to you" with "if i were king of the forest"
    Aaron Nelson
    edited October 22, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    Oh.
    Muh.
    Guh.

clap.giflynnmaclap.giflynnmaclap.gif

(see... see???? I TOLD you it was ALL about a #11 entry. Take a still from that and there you have it. "Loud". Tada. rolleyes1.gif )

Do you think the white balance being off will work against me for #11 or should I leave it SOOC? Can you post a video for a photo contest? Does loud and obnoxious count? So many questions.

Aaron doesn't like my song. I think he is mocking me. Do you think I have a future on the stage? :ivar
    edited October 22, 2008
    :ivar :ivar :ivar

nice....im glad to know you have a day job

C&C :

replace the words "happy birthday to you" with "if i were king of the forest"

Thanks a lot Aaron! headscratch.gif Just lost my job today. So much for relying on my bag of talents as a back up.

So about "If I Were the King of the Forest" I do have a kids lion costume. Now if only we had a Dorothy. Hey! Divamum... how about it? I think we should cut an album. In fact...how about you sing and I'll shoot the cover art?
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    i am smiling ear to ear,

shatch - I loved it! made me Laughing.gif
    my favorite part is where your saying thank you thank you

clap.gif
  • The Curious CamelThe Curious Camel Registered Users Posts: 943 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    OK...without further delay, here it is. My debut and final internet singing appearance. CAUTION: This is not for the faint of heart. The deaf may thoroughly enjoy it. This was taken in one single take without practice. Poor white balance and poor composition. But hey, I'm just heading out to my son's choir performance (guarantee it will be better than this)!!!!!!!

Greensquared, I hope you don't mind that I made it more generic so everyone on DGRIN who has a birthday can take advantage of the song.

Last warning. I am not legally liable for any harm or mental scaring this make cause. Listen and watch at your own risk!!!!

[IMG]<object width="425" height="318"><param name="movie" value="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf&quot; /><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true" /><param name="flashVars" value="s=ZT0xJmk9NDAwMzQ3NzczJms9WEFCa0gmYT01MTA1NjEwX0J2UmVEJnU9dGVzc2VyYWN0" /><embed src="http://cdn.smugmug.com/ria/ShizVidz-2008092306.swf&quot; flashVars="s=ZT0xJmk9NDAwMzQ3NzczJms9WEFCa0gmYT01MTA1NjEwX0J2UmVEJnU9dGVzc2VyYWN0" width="425" height="318" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowFullScreen="true"></embed></object>[/IMG]

Smugmug was still processing the movie. This is the link to it though. I have to run now.

What a precious gift. You are hilarous.
    What dedication and determination you show. Awesome.

peace, gail
    edited October 23, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Do you think the white balance being off will work against me for #11 or should I leave it SOOC? Can you post a video for a photo contest? Does loud and obnoxious count? So many questions.

Well, I dunno, it's really up to Doc and Emily to answer all those Qs. naughty.gif Or maybe they can just set up a poll to let everybody decide whether or not Loud Obnoxious Incredibly Entertaining Videos are now allowed. I mean hey, that counts as post processing right? (Although how would you come up with an exif for it - do you need one for each frame, or only the first and last, or what?rolleyes1.gif)

Decisions, decisions....:giggle

I think I'll take you up on your idea to shoot the cover art for me :D
    edited October 23, 2008
    Steven - You are a riot. Totally worth the wait and I'm glad I visited the little girl's room prior to watching. Such feeling, such emotion...really, there are no words to describe how powerful your performance was. clap.gifwings.gif

Did you really lose your job? I know you were in real estate and that's totally not a good place to be right now. If that is the case, know you have my prayers for the right path to open up and be bright.

divamum - I'm waiting on a counter-performance from you. I totally want to hear your professional version. :D

PS. No, a still from a video is not allowed in DSS. Just wanted to clear that up before it ever became a serious consideration. :cool
    Emily

edited October 23, 2008
    shatch wrote:

Dude, that seriously needs updating! rolleyes1.gif
    Emily

edited October 23, 2008
    Did you really lose your job?

In Real Estate I loose my job every day, then have to re-earn it the next. Things are still well. Thank you for your concern. You're awsome!!
    edited October 23, 2008

divamum - I'm waiting on a counter-performance from you. I totally want to hear your professional version

Happy Birthday will have to wait since the in-house pianist and sound-engineer is at work, but will this do in the meantime.... ? :D
    edited October 23, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    In Real Estate I loose my job every day, then have to re-earn it the next.

Ha - given that assessment there's less difference between "performer" and "real estate" than you'd think...! Life is a permanent job interview in the performing arts "You're only as good as your last performance" and all that ... :):)

Emily, your birthday has done us ALL a power of good! Guys, thanks for the MUCH needed giggle this week. I've been run off my feet (doing auditions in fact), and dgrin has kind of kept me grounded by reminding me that there things in life OTHER than vocal technique to obsess about. Like, you know, picture-taking iloveyou.gif
  • GrlyGrly Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Wonderful! My 2 year old daughter really enjoyed it too! hehe
    edited October 23, 2008
    Shatch, i gave you the chance to mock me back..heck i misspelled a word in every post in this thread!

i hope you find a job today, thumb.gif with your singing talent alone you could move mountains....

:D

anyway, my birthday was a day after Emily, can i get a encore?rolleyes1.gif

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Happy Birthday, Aaron! :bday
    edited October 23, 2008
    using my best Shatch line:

Thank You, Thank You:encore
    Aaron Nelson
  • idiomidiom Registered Users Posts: 132 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    hahaha, nice work man. :)
    edited October 23, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    Happy Birthday will have to wait since the in-house pianist and sound-engineer is at work, but will this do in the meantime.... ? :D

Beautiful! Opera isn't something I've ever gotten into, but I can still appreciate a wonderful voice. clap.gif
    Emily

edited October 23, 2008

anyway, my birthday was a day after Emily, can i get a encore?rolleyes1.gif

Yeah, I tried to drop that hint at the beginning of this thread, but I guess no one cottoned on. Anyway, another (belated) HAPPY BIRTHDAY Aaron - how old are ya, huh, huh, huh??? :D
    Emily

edited October 23, 2008
    im glad it did go under the radar...but i have to have an encore from Shatch...
    Aaron Nelson