Happy Birthday to ol'Emily

13»

Comments

• GrlyGrly Registered Users Posts: 140 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    im glad it did go under the radar...but i have to have an encore from Shatch...

(im 38 now)...

Happy belated Birthday to you!
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    Beautiful! Opera isn't something I've ever gotten into, but I can still appreciate a wonderful voice. clap.gif

Why thank you! It's a crazy way to earn one's keep, but I do love what I do, and consider myself incredibly blessed to have made a career out of it iloveyou.gif
  • HaliteHalite Registered Users Posts: 467 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Do you think the white balance being off will work against me for #11 or should I leave it SOOC? Can you post a video for a photo contest? Does loud and obnoxious count? So many questions.

Aaron doesn't like my song. I think he is mocking me. Do you think I have a future on the stage? :ivar

I think white balance is the least of your worries here, mate rolleyes1.gif . Nice tux, though. thumb.gif The look on your daughter's face at the end is priceless!!!

That was bust-a-gut hilarious. Thanks for the comic relief!
  • shatchshatch Registered Users Posts: 798 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    divamum wrote:
    Happy Birthday will have to wait since the in-house pianist and sound-engineer is at work, but will this do in the meantime.... ? :D

Divamum...is this your recording? If so, I love it! Great voice!! I have to tell you my two favorite opera songs are Nasin Dorma and The Flower Duet. They are two of the most emotionally enriched songs I have heard. Very powerful when performed by the right voice.
    edited October 23, 2008
    Shatch, i gave you the chance to mock me back..heck i misspelled a word in every post in this thread!

i hope you find a job today, thumb.gif with your singing talent alone you could move mountains....

:D

anyway, my birthday was a day after Emily, can i get a encore?rolleyes1.gif

clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I must have gone to the same school you did because I sure didn't see any misspelled words.

Anyway, here is your encore... (and Happy Birthday to you!)
    http://tesseract.smugmug.com/gallery...00347773_XABkH

Remember to "insert your name here".
    edited October 23, 2008
    Thank you everyone for the kind comments about this pathetically awful performance. My family, co-workers, and I have had a few giggles over this today.
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2008
    shatch wrote:
    Divamum...is this your recording? If so, I love it! Great voice!! I have to tell you my two favorite opera songs are Nasin Dorma and The Flower Duet. They are two of the most emotionally enriched songs I have heard. Very powerful when performed by the right voice.

Yeah, guilty as charged - thanks for the kind comments!!

I love the Flower Duet, but strangely have never sung a Suzuki yet (they always tell me I'm too talla at 5'8", espeically, and since they're usually trying to cast Butterfly as petite as possible!)