Options

Post your best shot of the season.

Comments

• Options
    du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    Can't see your photo... Sorry...
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • Options
    cpagilitycpagility Registered Users Posts: 82 Big grins
    edited November 19, 2008
    du8die wrote:
    Can't see your photo... Sorry...

I think I've figured it out with a little help from the tutorial and trial and error. This was my first post with photos :-)

edited to add: When I first put these up the watermark wasn't on them but now it is. I guess I have to keep the watermark off of the photos in the gallery? I had removed it when I added these but them put it back on them and there they are.
  • Options
    afmdmcafmdmc Registered Users Posts: 62 Big grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Well here's mine.
    as a side note i did the graphics on the red white & blue car.:D
    374354161_LWmzo-L.jpg
    http://afmdmc.smugmug.com/

My Tomestone Will Read : I spent most of my money on Cold Beer, Loose Women, And Fast Bikes, the rest I just Wasted !!!!

Dave.
  • Options
    WbanksWbanks Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 20, 2008
    I took this at the Barber Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, AL.

349783032_58tdb-L-1.jpg
  • Options
    MikeMcA²MikeMcA² Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Wbanks wrote:
    I took this at the Barber Motorsports Museum in Birmingham, AL.

lol...cool. Must be ice racing?
  • Options
    tcsphototcsphoto Registered Users Posts: 101 Major grins
    edited November 20, 2008
    Superbikes
    347299300_EG7Uw-XL.jpg
    Tom (tcsphoto)

I used to dream of all things Nikon, then I got the bill.
    http://www.sowdphotography.com/
  • Options
    WbanksWbanks Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 21, 2008
    MikeMcA² wrote:
    lol...cool. Must be ice racing?

Yep. It was a vintage ice racer from the late 60's early 70's IIRC. I'll see if I can find any more photos. It had the craziest set of handlebars I've ever seen.

Edit: Found it
    421736727_EWqqx-L.jpg
  • Options
    MT StringerMT Stringer Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    Delivering the pitch!
    I shot a lot of sports this past year. Mostly high school and tournaments (youth thru high school). This is one of my favorites.

Other favorites are located here.
    Please visit my website: www.mtstringer.smugmug.com
    My Portfolio
    MaxPreps Profile

Canon EOS 1D MK III and 7d; Canon 100 f/2.0; Canon 17-40 f/4; Canon 24-70 f/2.8; Canon 70-200 f/2.8L IS; Canon 300 f/2.8L IS; Canon 1.4x and Sigma 2x; Sigma EF 500 DG Super and Canon 580 EX II.
  • Options
    zack75144zack75144 Registered Users Posts: 261 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    That's a good one, Mike. I love the view from behind the backstop.
    Zack www.zackjonesphotography.net
    EOS 7D, Zeiss 50mm f/1.4, EF 24-70mm f/2.8L, EF 135mm f/2L, EF 200mm f/2.8L II, EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 USM, EF 1.4 Ext II, 430EX, ST-E2, Tamrac Velocity 10X & Expeditioner 7 Bags.
  • Options
    SDJamesSDJames Registered Users Posts: 91 Big grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Fun to shoot the kids...
    415710860_2tyHY-M.jpg
    40D, 400 f5.6L, 70-200 f2.8L, 50 f1.8, Tam 17-50 f2.8
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,914 moderator
    edited November 24, 2008
    I'm gonna stick this for a bit. It's a great idea!
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Sorry I cant pick just one:D im no sports photog, tough to say if im even a photographerheadscratch.gif but here is some of my favorites from the year.

jacksonmoonS.jpg

TravisPastranawide2S.jpg

nohands.jpg

4.wingsS.jpg

krobwideS.jpg
  • Options
    du8diedu8die Registered Users Posts: 358 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    cj99si wrote:
    nohands.jpg

Wow. Well Done.
    H2 Photography - Blog - Facebook - Twitter

Despite the high cost of living, it remains popular.

Why do people post their equipment in their sig. Isn't it kind of like bragging? That having been said...

Canon 40d Gripped (x2), Rebel (Original), Canon 70-200 f/2.8 USM L, Canon 300 f/4, Tamron 28-75 f/2.8, Canon 50mm f/1.8, Canon 17-55 f/3.5-5.6, ThinkTank Airport TakeOff
  • Options
    cmasoncmason Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Just like how this one turned out:

392170804_6TQHh-L.jpg
  • Options
    tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    I *hope* these count, as they're winter sports and they're from the beginning of this year (ie the end of their seasons)... but figure skating's new season just started (and I won't get to go to a major event this year unless I get a buttload of money dropped in my lap in the next few weeks, unlikely) and the sled dog races start at the beginning of January (if there's snow). But I wanted to play along! :)
    248820122_MSdQc-M-2.jpg
    Johnny Weir - 2008 US National Silver Medalist - this was taken during the exhibition. He has such control of the blade. He actually should have won, but the judges called the contest too close and Evan Lysacek beat him out in the tie breaker.

262315179_dPezY-M-1.jpg
    I love the happy running dogs! One of the teams running in the Iditarod's Ceremonial Start in Anchorage, AK
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water."
  • Options
    OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    The "Ghost" in the middle is my son in his 1st year of high school ball. The field is the "home" ball park. The text is a quote from the movie "Field of Dreams" And in this photo, that is my boy "on deck".

You should have seen how thrilled he was to just make the freshman team. Then he went on to become the starting 1st baseman, and batted 4th. Then got moved up to the JV team, and won his 1st game as a pitcher.

Just sign me "Proud Parent"

274664196_AZFss-L.jpg
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • Options
    tonichelletonichelle Registered Users Posts: 144 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    LOVE it

and I could hear James Earl Jones saying those words as I was looking at the photos... clap.gif
    "It's only an island if you look at it from the water."
  • Options
    cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    du8die wrote:
    Wow. Well Done.

Thank you!
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    OhEddie wrote:
    Just sign me "Proud Parent"
    That's a great image. Really like it a lot. Wonderful atmosphere shot!
  • Options
    SirGeorgeSirGeorge Registered Users Posts: 150 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2008
    Real cross-country in the mud and rain
    Which one to offer? While I have many more dramatic, this image, which was published in New England Runner last month, is my choice. It was shot during a tropical rain storn and was so dark in the woods that I shot at ISO3200 and the lens wide open - I was up against the laws of physics. This is cross-country running at it's best :) Hope you enjoy.

ps Neatimage was used to clean up the noise

383715012_zY7NL-L.jpg
  • Options
    OhEddieOhEddie Registered Users Posts: 337 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    SirGeorge

I think your cross country shot is outstanding. I love the way the background runners have just the right amount of bokeh, and at the same time they are spaced in a way that creates a wonderful V pattern that balances the main subject. And as a magazine shot, it looks ideal for a cover shot, with just enough open area at the top for the title and also open area at lower left & right for additional fill text. Yeah, if I'm the editor that's my cover shot thumb.gif
    Blessed are those who remain flexible, for they shall not get bent out of shape.
  • Options
    MikeMcA²MikeMcA² Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited November 28, 2008
    George, certainly a shot to be proud of and to front a pro portfolio.
  • Options
    cgmcdonaldcgmcdonald Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Everythings Funner with a Runner
    This is a picture of my brother. He is a freshman on the Valdosta State Cross Country Team in Valdosta GA.

383506039_4JY8F-M-1.jpg

I am always trying to learn tell me what you think.
    My Site: www.cgmphoto.us
  • Options
    cgmcdonaldcgmcdonald Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    Great Shot
    Awesome

SirGeorge wrote:
    Which one to offer? While I have many more dramatic, this image, which was published in New England Runner last month, is my choice. It was shot during a tropical rain storn and was so dark in the woods that I shot at ISO3200 and the lens wide open - I was up against the laws of physics. This is cross-country running at it's best :) Hope you enjoy.

ps Neatimage was used to clean up the noise

383715012_zY7NL-L.jpg
    My Site: www.cgmphoto.us
  • Options
    baldmountainbaldmountain Registered Users Posts: 192 Major grins
    edited December 3, 2008
    This is my favorite of this fall's soccer season. I'm afraid it was during a period when I was over saturating colors.

429875250_HRKEQ-M.jpg
    geoff
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    cj99si wrote:
    Sorry I cant pick just one:D im no sports photog, tough to say if im even a photographerheadscratch.gif but here is some of my favorites from the year.
    wingsS.jpg

I love this photo. You know why, you took a sport I have no interest in and totally drew me in and I am loving it.

Alot of us are good photographers, Great photograhpers can take any subjects and bring the viewer in, even if they were not interested before.
  • Options
    wingerwinger Registered Users Posts: 694 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    This is my fav from the last couple of months:

3054169291_35a8e3c44c.jpg?v=0
  • Options
    CalexPhotoCalexPhoto Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    Nice pics folks! Been away for some time, but have been lurking and checking in every once in a while...Here's my fave from the Fall Season.
    371144262_oUTmc-L.jpg
    LT
    Sony A700&VG; KM 7D&VG; KM 5D; Min 28-75/2.8; 50/1.7; Tammie 17-50/2.8; Tammie 90/2.8 Macro; Min 80-200/2.8; and Min 300/2.8, two flashes, and a couple of other accessories.
  • Options
    johngjohng Registered Users Posts: 1,658 Major grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    CalexPhoto wrote:
    Nice pics folks! Been away for some time, but have been lurking and checking in every once in a while...Here's my fave from the Fall Season.
    371144262_oUTmc-L.jpg
    Superb shot. That's one of those that brings a smile to your face right when you capture it knowing you came away with "the shot".
  • Options
    CalexPhotoCalexPhoto Registered Users Posts: 98 Big grins
    edited December 4, 2008
    johng wrote:
    Superb shot. That's one of those that brings a smile to your face right when you capture it knowing you came away with "the shot".
    Thanks johnG, funny you say that because after I saw this in my rear screen, I just wanted to home to process it, but it was still in the first quarter.
    LT
    Sony A700&VG; KM 7D&VG; KM 5D; Min 28-75/2.8; 50/1.7; Tammie 17-50/2.8; Tammie 90/2.8 Macro; Min 80-200/2.8; and Min 300/2.8, two flashes, and a couple of other accessories.