Options

DGrin Shootout 2009 -- Sign Up for Registration!

Comments

• Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited November 23, 2008
    First post updated to include the names of those who have signed up thus far and will be included in the lottotron drawing. Official lottotron results will be announced tomorrow. :D
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    Is the selection done yet?????
    It's 11:02AM EST (+/-) and I'm excited about the possibilities. The last update shows only 64 individuals have signed up for the shootout so I'm really excited (hmmm, I guess I said that already).

Any news to share???ear.gif :photo biggrinbounce2.gif :smo
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2008
    We're working on it! We'll have an official announcement today, promise. :D
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2008
    And the word is... mwink.gif

Since the number of folks that signed up is so very close to our margin, we'll be forgoing the lottotron. In other words, if you signed up before the deadline of 11:59pm EST on Nov. 23, YOU ARE IN! wings.gif Anyone who signs up from this point onward will automatically be added to the waitlist.

I'll be polishing up the list in the first post so names and partners-in-crime are listed fully, but in the meantime, if you see your DGrin username on that list, start planning for Acadia. :D

And find your roomie from that list! deal.gif

E-mail confirmations and deposit requests will be coming shortly, so keep an eye on your inboxes. thumb.gif
  • Options
    eoren1eoren1 Registered Users Posts: 2,391 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    WOOOOHOOOOO wings.gif
    Can't wait for my first Dgrin Shootout!
    I've already started my shopping list at borrowed lenses....
    Now, anyone need a roommate?????
    E
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited November 24, 2008
    As it's been said, with Dgrin everybody is a winner! clap.gif
    Congrats and we'll see each other in Acadia (or maybe in Mountian View Dec 6th first)! mwink.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited November 24, 2008
    Plans, shopping lists, and what to borrow(rent)
    WOOOOO HOOOOOO Leslie and I are inclap.gif :ivar wings.gif Now I'll get to share with y'all my very best-est friend!!bowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Let's see, I need a new CF tripod, a TS-E 24, EF 100-400, another ball head, .... oh, I'm sure there's more
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    I'm excited to be going on this Shootout as I've never been on one before. I'll be needing a roommate so I'm waiting for the list.
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2008
    Is Kerry the GREATEST or what!!???!!!
    I got the bill and goofed up the whole PayPal thing (how dumb is that?) A couple of e-mails back and forth with Kerry and we got it all straightened out and now

I'm officially registered!!!clap.gif :ivar
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2008
    hawkeye978 wrote:
    I'm excited to be going on this Shootout as I've never been on one before. I'll be needing a roommate so I'm waiting for the list.

We're excited, too! The list is in the first post of this thread: http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=959594&postcount=1 thumb.gif

And folks are making roomie arrangements here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=112254
    A couple of e-mails back and forth with Kerry and we got it all straightened out and now I'm officially registered!!!

Aw, shucks. Thanks, Scott. iloveyou.gif Glad we got things all straightened out. thumb.gif
  • Options
    hawkeye978hawkeye978 Registered Users Posts: 1,218 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    We're excited, too! The list is in the first post of this thread: http://www.dgrin.com/showpost.php?p=959594&postcount=1 thumb.gif

And folks are making roomie arrangements here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=112254

Thanks Kerry, I'll get right on it.
  • Options
    CavalierPhotoCavalierPhoto Registered Users Posts: 233 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
    I got the bill and goofed up the whole PayPal thing (how dumb is that?) A couple of e-mails back and forth with Kerry and we got it all straightened out and now

I'm officially registered!!!clap.gif :ivar

Not dumb at all Scott, I goof up my PayPal payments almost every time...eek7.gif ...and I promise myself to remember not to and I still do it anyway...ne_nau.gif
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2008
  • Options
    edited November 25, 2008
    Just an FYI: sending the invoices is a manual process, so I'm sending them in small batches whenever I can catch a few minutes during work. Please don't worry if you haven't seen your invoice yet. I promise you it'll be on its way soon. :D

Also, I've learned that PayPal charges a fee for instant transfers on business accounts (it's free on personal accounts, and I assumed...rolleyes1.gif), so the fee applies to those as well as credit card payments. I apologize for my misunderstanding; it took me by surprise because I've been a personal account user for so long.

This means the invoices will be for $104 (for one person) and $207 (for two people) to cover the blasted fees.
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2008
    All invoices have been sent. If you did not receive one, check your spam filters or check with me to verify the e-mail you entered during registration. thumb.gif
  • Options
    DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    All invoices have been sent. If you did not receive one, check your spam filters or check with me to verify the e-mail you entered during registration. thumb.gif

Things to be thankful for: add Kerry to that list! clap.gif
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited November 27, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:

Kerry I received a pay-pal receipt. Is that what you mean? I have not received anything else.
  • Options
    edited November 27, 2008
    DavidTO wrote:
    Things to be thankful for: add Kerry to that list! clap.gif

And here I thought I'd been blacklisted from every list there was! :giggle :D
    dlplumer wrote:
    Kerry I received a pay-pal receipt. Is that what you mean? I have not received anything else.

That's what I'm referring to, yes. You're all set. thumb.gif

Another message with a few logistics will be sent out soon to those who have already paid their deposit. We're hammering out one last piece of the message, and then it'll be on its way. :D
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited December 1, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Another message with a few logistics will be sent out soon to those who have already paid their deposit. We're hammering out one last piece of the message, and then it'll be on its way. :D

Has it been hammered yet?

I've done the paypal thing, but I have no room number.
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    edited December 1, 2008
    Not yet. Pushing for this week. Stay tuned. ear.gif

If that bit doesn't get hammered out by Friday, I'll simply split the logistics into two e-mails. I hate to spam, but I know folks with built-in roommates :D are wanting to make their room reservations soon. So you'll see part 1 this Friday, if not all of it. thumb.gif
  • Options
    PhotopaddlerPhotopaddler Registered Users Posts: 161 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    One quastion
    I am one of the fortunate souls who gets to call this area home. I understand that the shootout is full but since I live here and need no accomidations would it be possible to attend any of the activities or workshops anyway? headscratch.gif If the answer is no I will understand. If you need info on the area please feel free to contact me. Thank You.
  • Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited December 2, 2008
    I am one of the fortunate souls who gets to call this area home. I understand that the shootout is full but since I live here and need no accomidations would it be possible to attend any of the activities or workshops anyway? headscratch.gif If the answer is no I will understand. If you need info on the area please feel free to contact me. Thank You.

From previous posts:
    While nothing would prevent someone from shooting in Acadia at the same time as the organized shootout, doing so will not get you access to the pros, special organized events (critique and learning sessions and others) or hosted dinner.
    We want this to be a dgrin community event, with as much socializing as shooting (after all, what do you do between sunrise and late afternoon?) and hope to offer some special extras along this line.

My suggestion -- put yourself on the waitlist.
  • Options
    edited December 2, 2008
    Do fill out the registration form if you want to join! We may have a little more room available, and what have you got to lose? You'd be number one on the waitlist. :D We'd love to have your local knowledge at the shootout. thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2008
    Alrighty, for those of you who've paid your deposit, you should have just received details on how to book your room. thumb.gif

And for those of you who have not paid your deposit, we're coming up on the two-week cut-off. deal.gif
  • Options
    edited December 5, 2008
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Alrighty, for those of you who've paid your deposit, you should have just received details on how to book your room. thumb.gif

And for those of you who have not paid your deposit, we're coming up on the two-week cut-off. deal.gif
    FWIW - I got mine just fine. Thanks!
  • Options
    edited December 10, 2008
    Alrighty folks, the two-week cut-off for submitting payments has passed. We're giving those with delinquent payments two more days (until tomorrow night) to cement their spot in the Shootout, then we will start moving people to the end of the waitlist.

Please, please, please check your spam filters if you haven't seen an invoice or reminder from us. We're using every avenue of communication we've got to ensure information gets through. If it isn't, please let us know. nod.gif
  • Options
    SchnauzerSchnauzer Registered Users Posts: 253 Major grins
    edited December 10, 2008
    I got mine. Thanks.
    RON
  • Options
    edited December 11, 2008
    Today's the last day to pay! deal.gif
  • Options
    jforbesjforbes Registered Users Posts: 49 Big grins
    edited December 29, 2008
    Hey. I got an email a couple weeks back as my spot had opened up - I said "ok", but didn't get any further response. Anyone in here know anything?
    -Jeff
  • Options
    edited December 30, 2008
    Hey Jeff, I never saw your reply. I see now that you had a delay in your response, and then it was buried by other replies to that e-mail. I apologize for the delay. Keep an eye out for an invoice soon. thumb.gif