Options

DGrin Shootout 2009 -- Sign Up for Registration!

13»

Comments

• Options
    aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    bump. bump.

If you're interested in the shootout. SIGN UP and get yourself on the waitlist!
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited March 17, 2009
    Hey all, just a reminder that it's up to you to find your roomies and book your rooms. Everyone should have the registration info to do this. If you don't, let us know and we'll get it to you ASAP. thumb.gif

Find a roomie here: http://www.dgrin.com/showthread.php?t=112254

If you've got your roomie and your room all squared away, don't forget to send us your signed waiver! deal.gif
  • Options
    davevdavev Registered Users Posts: 3,118 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2009
    bump
    dave.

Basking in the shadows of yesterday's triumphs'.
  • Options
    grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,534 Major grins
    edited April 25, 2009
  • Options
    edited June 30, 2009
    Have you made your fall foliage plans yet? mwink.gifSign up here if you haven't!
  • Options
    SnowgirlSnowgirl Registered Users Posts: 2,155 Major grins
    edited July 23, 2009
    Fall foliage
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Have you made your fall foliage plans yet? mwink.gifSign up here if you haven't!

I can't believe I'm about to write this - there are RED LEAVES on a couple of trees on the riverbank at the edge of our farm. It is July 23rd. We have NOT had SUMMER yet! Aaaaghhhhhhhh! At this rate we'll need snowsuits for the shootout in Maine! (I live in new Brunswick, Canada - 5 hours north of Acadia National Park).
    Creating visual and verbal images that resonate with you.
    http://www.imagesbyceci.com
    http://www.facebook.com/ImagesByCeci
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    edited August 3, 2009
    We've got some openings available, folks! I've contacted everyone on the waitlist, but we have a couple other open spots, too. Sign up if you're interested in learning from some awesome pros and really cool peers! :D
  • Options
    Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited August 6, 2009
    Okay everybody, do not let this opportunity pass you by! Shootouts are amazing, and there are openings!

Llywellyn wrote:
    We've got some openings available, folks! I've contacted everyone on the waitlist, but we have a couple other open spots, too. Sign up if you're interested in learning from some awesome pros and really cool peers! :D
  • Options
    edited September 1, 2009
    Hey awesome attendees! Any of you fine photographers have a whiteboard you could bring along with you, in that sliver of luggage space not taken up by camera gear? :D
  • Options
    edited September 5, 2009
    OMG! This is coming so quickly and I am getting really excited!!!

how 'bout you?

My travel plans
  • Options
    DixieDixie Registered Users Posts: 1,497 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Hey awesome attendees! Any of you fine photographers have a whiteboard you could bring along with you, in that sliver of luggage space not taken up by camera gear? :D

Has anyone checked with the hotel to see if they have a whiteboard available for loan?

If they don't, I am driving up so I have the space, but I don't have a whiteboard.
    Dixie
    Photographs by Dixie
    | Canon 1Ds | Canon 5D Mark II | Canon 5D | Canon 50D | Canon 10D | Canon EOS Elan 7 | Mamiya Pro S RB67 |
    ...and bunches of Canon lenses - I'm equipment rich and dollar poor!
  • Options
    edited September 17, 2009
    The hotel didn't have whiteboards, which is why we asked here. We've found a solution, however, so we're set! thumb.gif
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    OMG! This is coming so quickly and I am getting really excited!!!

how 'bout you?

My travel plans

Uh huh, uh huh! I'm digging through drawers trying to decide what clothes to take (WARM stuff, waterproof stuff, etc.). thank god I'm driving and can just load the car!
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    Snowgirl wrote:
    Uh huh, uh huh! I'm digging through drawers trying to decide what clothes to take (WARM stuff, waterproof stuff, etc.). thank god I'm driving and can just load the car!
    I was thinking exactly the same thing just a couple of minutes ago.

I just checked the weather for Bar Harbor. Looks good. Lows in the "low 40's (°F)" and higs in the mid to upper 50's. Rain is as it is. Who knows what we'll get. I'm planning on it.

I'm just thankful that I'm driving!
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2009
    And I am hitting panic mode. So much stuff not complete. Haven't a clue what to pack.

I am not ready! Ack!
  • Options
    cmkultradomecmkultradome Registered Users Posts: 516 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    I just checked the weather for Bar Harbor. Looks good. Lows in the "low 40's (°F)" and higs in the mid to upper 50's. Rain is as it is. Who knows what we'll get. I'm planning on it.

I think Acadia is kind of like Hawaii in a way (just a small way). You can change locations by 10-30 minutes and the weather can appear totally different. This summer my friend and I hiked up the Gorge Trail to the top of Cadillac Mt. We had beautiful views, the sun was shining, cool looking fog banks around the Porcupine Islands. We hiked back down, drove along the Park Loop Rd and couldn't see a thing - everything was gray and covered with fog. You still can get neat shots either way; hopefully we'll get a little taste of both.

Stephanie
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    And I am hitting panic mode. So much stuff not complete. Haven't a clue what to pack.

I am not ready! Ack!

Rain suit. Boots. Long underwear. Wool sweater. Lots of absorbent socks.

Do we need any "dress" clothes? I live in the sticks. My idea of dressing up is clean jeans that don't have horse poop on them. But, from my prior life as a business person I still have a couple of outfits, I think.rolleyes1.gif What do I need?
    Picadilly, NB, Canada
  • Options
    Scott_QuierScott_Quier Registered Users Posts: 6,524 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    Snowgirl wrote:
    Rain suit. Boots. Long underwear. Wool sweater. Lots of absorbent socks.

Do we need any "dress" clothes? I live in the sticks. My idea of dressing up is clean jeans that don't have horse poop on them. But, from my prior life as a business person I still have a couple of outfits, I think.rolleyes1.gif What do I need?
    At the Glacier shootout, the clean jeans was about as good as it got. Don't know about this year, but I would think you should be golden.
  • Options
    NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:

I am not ready! Ack!
    Just don't forget your 7D, you get everything else on location:-) mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2009
    :D

and batteries, and cards, oh and lenses!

I always bring an outfit for dinner, btw, just in case.
    Nikolai wrote:
    Just don't forget your 7D, you get everything else on location:-) mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2009
    Since it's Canadian Thanksgiving Week-end there could be more tourists around than otherwise in October in Maine. I need a turkey dinner, folks! Hubby, the cats, dog and horse are on their own this year. Ann - you too?

But I can "give thanks" in clean jeans. I can't remember the last time I wore a dress rolleyes1.gif

See y'all in 4 SHORT days!clap.gifclapclap.gifivarwings.gif

Excited? Who? Me? Uh huh. Uh huh.
    Picadilly, NB, Canada