Saturday's Senior

2»

Comments

• DavidSDavidS Registered Users Posts: 1,279 Major grins
    edited November 10, 2008
    These are awesome as usual Jeff! Your work always inspires me. I love the processing, lighting, poses and the great way you captured his interests.
  • urbanariesurbanaries Registered Users Posts: 2,690 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    These are Great!
    Love the pose, overall composition and yummy depth of field in 1. (The monotone conversion ain't bad, neither!)

I think I prefer #3 to number 2, it looks a bit more masculine. #4 is very nice although could be cropped tighter depending on size they order. Can't find #5, but have to agree with Seneca on the ferns in 6, if they weren't sooo close to his face they would be ok. Reeeeally like the detail shot of #7. Nice composition! I am liking the pose and BW in 8 but not the white vignette?headscratch.gif

9 is my favorite. Great shooting angle, nice shadowing, brickwork, very very cool vision and execution, my friend!

Also like the rest in uniform, but the ones from the second set I think I like better for some reason.

Awesome model, creativity and as always...lighting! thumb.gif
    Canon 5D MkI
    50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.8, 24-70 2.8L, 35mm 1.4L, 135mm f2L
    ST-E2 Transmitter + (3) 580 EXII + radio poppers
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 11, 2008
    Nikolai wrote:
    The heavier it is, the smaller your "pull" will be.
    And I have three words for you, my friend:
    "Practice, practice, and practice"! mwink.gif

Yes...I know this....I just have to use the lens long enough to find out my weaknesses...and strengths with it. Optically, it is fantastic, but some time will be needed actually shooting and handling it.

Thanks for the encouragment
    edited November 11, 2008
    DavidS wrote:
    These are awesome as usual Jeff! Your work always inspires me. I love the processing, lighting, poses and the great way you captured his interests.

Thanks David. :D
    edited November 11, 2008
    urbanaries wrote:
    Love the pose, overall composition and yummy depth of field in 1. (The monotone conversion ain't bad, neither!)

Thanks....his shoes didn't really "match" any of his clothing, so monotone was my choice. I also purposely avoided having his feet in many of the frames. The conversion is just one of the ones that is included with LR.
    I think I prefer #3 to number 2, it looks a bit more masculine. #4 is very nice although could be cropped tighter depending on size they order. Can't find #5, but have to agree with Seneca on the ferns in 6, if they weren't sooo close to his face they would be ok. Reeeeally like the detail shot of #7. Nice composition! I am liking the pose and BW in 8 but not the white vignette?headscratch.gif

I mostly dont crop until they order....you know that!rolleyes1.gif
    I almost always use dark vignettes, but the lighter one suited this...IMO. Call it exploring?
    9 is my favorite. Great shooting angle, nice shadowing, brickwork, very very cool vision and execution, my friend!

I had shots like this in my head before the shoot, but couldn'
    t quite pull it off in daylight. On the way home, I saw a light....brick....and pulled over for the shots. Can you believe all that light from a single fixture....at ISO800?
    Also like the rest in uniform, but the ones from the second set I think I like better for some reason.

Awesome model, creativity and as always...lighting! thumb.gif

Thanks Lynne. The shots in the street ought to look very familiar to you....since I basically stole that idea from.......iloveyou.gif

I appreciate your opinions, and thanks for taking the time to comment!
  • PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2008
    WOW, I like all of them.
    Thanks for posting

Keep up the good work...
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
    edited November 17, 2008
    WOW, I like all of them.
    Thanks for posting

Keep up the good work...

Thanks Chuck...I appreciate that!
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 7, 2008
    Hi there!! Joining the discussion a bit late ... sorry .... I am IN LOVE with this set!!! What a series of great photos!!!! My favorite is #2 .... you got to love his expression in that one - must have a big ladies-fan-club.

You got so many different poses & looks, something I certainly admire having seen some of your senior-outcomes. I also LOVE your PS work on these! The colors / vignetting / crops look spot on. Hmmmmm, what should I say? I love them all clap.gif
    edited December 8, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Hi there!! Joining the discussion a bit late ... sorry .... I am IN LOVE with this set!!! What a series of great photos!!!! My favorite is #2 .... you got to love his expression in that one - must have a big ladies-fan-club.

You got so many different poses & looks, something I certainly admire having seen some of your senior-outcomes. I also LOVE your PS work on these! The colors / vignetting / crops look spot on. Hmmmmm, what should I say? I love them all clap.gif

Thanks Angie...and welcome back to DGRIN we have missed you!
  • eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2008
    jayegirl wrote:
    Awesome! As usual, I am out of adjectives!

So am I. So, I'll just say, "Number nine! thumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gifclap.gif"

Of course, they're all great! bowdown.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
    edited December 9, 2008
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    So am I. So, I'll just say, "Number nine! thumb.gifclap.gifthumb.gifclap.gif"

Of course, they're all great! bowdown.gif

Thanks Lee. I really appreciate the kind remarks.
    edited December 21, 2008
    Well, I threw a 10 x 10 book together to display Garrett's portfolio.

If anyone has time to take a look, Id appreciate comments or suggestions on the book.

(link) To The Book (link0
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    Looks GREAT to me!!! clap.gifclapclap.gif

Just a tiny little remark (that's just me being VERY picky). I think I would crop #15 a bit tighter, so the distance between his back / jacket and the edge of the photo is the same as in #14 - If you know what I mean ...

Love it, love it, love it, you did a great job!! iloveyou.gif
    edited December 21, 2008
    Agnieszka wrote:
    Looks GREAT to me!!! clap.gifclapclap.gif

Just a tiny little remark (that's just me being VERY picky). I think I would crop #15 a bit tighter, so the distance between his back / jacket and the edge of the photo is the same as in #14 - If you know what I mean ...

Love it, love it, love it, you did a great job!! iloveyou.gif

Thanks Angie,

I am going to show this to his parents, but plan to print a copy for myself whether or not they want one. I plan to use it as an example of another way to display portraits of this type.

Guess I need to put a book together for my female clients as well...headscratch.gif

Good thing I have all this free time on my hands and am too cranky to go anywhere.rolleyes1.gif
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited December 21, 2008
    Hey Jeff, some great shots here. I really like #8...that's album cover material there!!! thumb.gif
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
    edited December 21, 2008
    RBrogen wrote:
    Hey Jeff, some great shots here. I really like #8...that's album cover material there!!! thumb.gif

Thanks,

Say, what are your plans for that raggedy old 1st generation 5D? rolleyes1.gif