My daughter's Bat Mitzvah reshoot

2»

Comments

• ZanottiZanotti Registered Users Posts: 1,411 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    Hey, Great shots and story.

I am a bit surprised you didn't drag them all out to your garage for your signature photos!

The kids are growing very fast, its amazing to see how much they change. Thanks for sharing this with all of us.

As to the weddings, I expect we will all have to host a Dgrin shootout at each of our daughter's weddings!

Z
    It is the purpose of life that each of us strives to become actually what he is potentially. We should be obsessed with stretching towards that goal through the world we inhabit.
  • Cuties02qCuties02q Registered Users Posts: 643 Major grins
    edited December 31, 2008
    These are really great!!!
    Part time photographer...Full time mommy :D

My equiment: Nikon D50, Nikon D300, SB-600, 30mm 1.4, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 70-200mm 2.8

WEBSITE
    BLOG
  • sara505sara505 Registered Users Posts: 1,684 Major grins
    edited January 1, 2009
    ChatKat wrote:
    Very special - especially with that cherished yad and Torah. Nice that your Rabbi allows images of the Torah. When I did the Bat Mitzvah last year although not orthodox, would not allow any photography during the time the Torah was open. Even before the service during the practice run.

My understanding, as a cantorial soloist and a photographer, that it is ok to stage shots of the Torah, but that it has to be actually read, at least a few verses - can't be opened in vain for the sake of a photo. But in Judaism, it always depends on whom you ask!

I also love the light in shot 4. Do I understand correctly that you placed the flash off to the right to illumine her face?

Great shots.