edited January 7, 2009
    David_S85 wrote:
    Pssssst.... they're easy to add into a pic. mwink.gif

Permission granted to edit the photo. mwink.gif :s85
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    edited January 8, 2009
    schmoo wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

Nice job Joel! I love the colors and the great light you caught there. Gorgeous!

Thanks very much, Schmoo. Right place at the right time I guess. ne_nau.gif

Cheers,
    -joel
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 8, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Hi Thwack. wave.gif Yup. In fact all four of the shots with the train station are HDRs. I purposely over-cooked #3 to give it that surreal look.

Cheers,
    -joel

I wondered about a couple of the others but the effect was subtle enough I wasn't sure. I like the way you did 'em. Some of the overcooked HDRs make my brain hurt. :D
    edited January 8, 2009
    Thwack wrote:
    I wondered about a couple of the others but the effect was subtle enough I wasn't sure. I like the way you did 'em. Some of the overcooked HDRs make my brain hurt. :D

Thanks again. I think there are actually a lot more HDRs posted in this forum than people realize. There really isn't a single HDR look. A lot of us use it just to balance out the lighting a bit. I do agree with you about overcooked ones though. I've thrown out plenty of them after thinking "man, that just looks like crap." :giggle

Cheers,
    -joel
  • ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    kdog wrote:
    Thanks again. I think there are actually a lot more HDRs posted in this forum than people realize. There really isn't a single HDR look. A lot of us use it just to balance out the lighting a bit. I do agree with you about overcooked ones though. I've thrown out plenty of them after thinking "man, that just looks like crap." :giggle

Cheers,
    -joel

I've tried making a couple HDRs with Photmatix...came out truly awful. rolleyes1.gif So seeing 'em come out nice is a rare treat.

Dang, one more thing I have to add to the list of things to learn after all...
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited January 9, 2009
    Gorgeous light and a very interesting subject. First shot is probably my favorite of the series.
    edited January 10, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Gorgeous light and a very interesting subject. First shot is probably my favorite of the series.

Thanks a bunch, Ron. It was one of those opportunities that just sort of presented itself out of nowhere and screamed "shoot me!!!".

Cheers,
    -joel