Saturday tease, setup included

2»

Comments

• dogwooddogwood Registered Users Posts: 2,572 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Yet even two strobes can get you some nice images if used creatively.

Or one strobe. Or even just a reflector. :D

Love seeing your set-up shots Nik. Just curious though-- that hair light on the boom, is it a pain to adjust the output or do you pretty much get it set and leave it there?

Portland, Oregon Photographer Pete Springer
    website blog instagram facebook g+

• KEDKED Registered Users Posts: 843 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    new season "24" started yesterday, I *must* watch it:-) rolleyes1.gif
    Again not to derail, but I was hoping that I could kick 24 cold turkey this year, but NOOOO. Great 2-hour premier last night (at least after the first 15 minutes). Guess we won't be looking for much from you on Monday nights Laughing.gif!!!
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    dogwood wrote:
    Or one strobe. Or even just a reflector. :D
    +1 15524779-Ti.gifthumb.gif
    I had one one sunpack for a year, then two for two more years, and only last year I went ballistic :-)
    Love seeing your set-up shots Nik. Just curious though-- that hair light on the boom, is it a pain to adjust the output or do you pretty much get it set and leave it there?
    Thanks, Pete!
    Good concern. I was worried about that initially:-) IRL it's no biggie, though. As I mentioned several times, 95% of my in-studio shooting is done at f/4 as the fill level and f/5.6 as rim/hair level. So I always keep it at the same power setting and all I need to do is to keep the same distance.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited January 12, 2009
    KED wrote:
    Again not to derail, but I was hoping that I could kick 24 cold turkey this year, but NOOOO. Great 2-hour premier last night (at least after the first 15 minutes). Guess we won't be looking for much from you on Monday nights Laughing.gif!!!
    true, true..:-)
    "May the f/stop be with you!"