*ENTRY* THREAD: DSS#17 (Hair)

2»

Comments

• DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited January 20, 2009
    sherstone wrote:
    Is the way I have linked to all the extra EXIF's that make up my image in the challenge gallery, acceptable?
    that's great thumb.gif

(and yup, I'm being vague on purpose :D)
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:
    (and yup, I'm being vague on purpose :D)

Thanks Erik :D
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 20, 2009
    thats awesome sherstone.
    Aaron Nelson
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited January 23, 2009
    i revisited this thread and it occured to me that my last post can read very odd... (no surprise)

anyway, "thats awesome sherstone"

translates to =

i just saw your entry, and i am in shock.....

not to single you out so much, but great job.

oh, i think its your turn to take on "writers block", ive had it too long and im ready to pass it onto you...hahaha....
    Aaron Nelson
    edited January 23, 2009
    oh, i think its your turn to take on "writers block", ive had it too long and im ready to pass it onto you...hahaha....

First off, Thank you Aaron for your encouragement!

Secondly - If I have the power to take the baton of "writers block" away from you I would be glad to do so, we all can benefit from your amazing work! I do hope that I am able to take your "writers block" and change the negative energy into positive, because I have just recently broken a long stretch of it thanks to the continued amazing challenges that Emily keeps dishing out, and do not wish to succumb to it again so soon mwink.gif

Good luck to everyone! There are some really interesting and beautiful entries as usual.

Sean
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 25, 2009
    Are we supposed to be leaving comments on images in the current challenge? I thought we were supposed to wait until a feedback gallery was created to offer evaluations, etc. For some reason I thought that the ability to leave comments in the "entry gallery" was turned off. Just curious.
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    I haven't done one of these challenges with the new gallery set up but since I can't delete my old entry how do I go about putting up a different image (of course I start working on this for fun at midnight before the challenge and make something I really like)
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited January 26, 2009
    I haven't done one of these challenges with the new gallery set up but since I can't delete my old entry how do I go about putting up a different image (of course I start working on this for fun at midnight before the challenge and make something I really like)

Just enter the one you want the same way you did the first one.
    DocIt will delete the other one...you may just want to put in the caption "delete this one" just to be sure
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
    edited January 26, 2009
    DQ's
    Only 1 DQ this round, so I'll just share it here quickly so we can learn from mistakes...

This was another unfortunate one, but, although there's a watermark, sorry, Rachel, I have no idea what your Dgrin username is. ne_nau.gif

20090126-feckqsudk23xrawxwhbxi2n2gq.render.png

Other than that, 61 good looking entries. Good luck to all! thumb.gif

All yours judges!
    Erik

edited January 27, 2009
    jeffmeyers wrote:
    Are we supposed to be leaving comments on images in the current challenge? I thought we were supposed to wait until a feedback gallery was created to offer evaluations, etc. For some reason I thought that the ability to leave comments in the "entry gallery" was turned off. Just curious.

From what I have seen since this new format was introduced it was encouraged or at least allowed that we start posting comments as soon as we were inspired to do so. This was meant to encourage the learning and community interaction part of the challenges.

I am sitting around today waiting for my tiling contractor to show up and finish my bathroom, so I took the liberty of commenting on each and every shot in the gallery. I sure hope it was aloud since we do not have a feedback thread yet deal.gif
    I hope every one takes my comments with a grain of salt they are just one mans opinion.

If I have to wait any longer I might just have to learn how to grout tile :cry
    edited January 27, 2009
    You can all comment on everything and anything and at anytime. Even during entry, if you like. The comments go along with the photos when the round is over - we move them from our entry account ("challenges...") to the judging/feedback/archive account ("dgrin..."), any comments placed there during the entry period go right along.

they all end up here:
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/Dgrin%20Challenges/653008
    Erik

• angevin1angevin1 Registered Users Posts: 3,403 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:
    You can all comment on everything and anything and at anytime. Even during entry, if you like. The comments go along with the photos when the round is over - we move them from our entry account ("challenges...") to the judging/feedback/archive account ("dgrin..."), any comments placed there during the entry period go right along.

they all end up here:

THANKS!! I wasn't quite sure ...but commented a bit early on...too hard to resist too! So many wonderful images and creations!

cheers, tom
    tom wise
  • jeffmeyersjeffmeyers Registered Users Posts: 1,535 Major grins
    edited January 27, 2009
    DoctorIt wrote:

they all end up here:

That's cool. I don't know what I was thinking. ne_nau.gif
    More Photography . . . Less Photoshop [. . . except when I do it]
    Jeff Meyers