The Bay Bridge

2»

Comments

• aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    torags wrote:
    That is the one I want. I won't get the next moonrise on 3/10; I'll be in southern Utah shooting slots. But April.....

thanks for the link, I'll try to figure the shoot site from that.

edit: The shoot site was from Alameda and it was a moonset. Hmmm... the last time I wanted to spend a night in Oakland was... well.... never.....
    I guess I didn't read your post correctly, but went by your photo instead. I don't believe you can get the a good moonrise from the bay bridge location the fence since the moon will be coming up behind you. This bay bridge location is better for sunsets and fireworks at new years or ka-boom.

If you want a full moonrise, I suggest Twin Peaks, but currently, the moon is coming up a bit south and I"m currently waiting for it come up behind the skyline instead of over oakland hills.

(took a bunch of frames, still processing, but this is an example)
    452772233_ocz3K-S.jpg

And you don't need to spend the night Alameda or Oakland for the moonset over the city -- The moon isn't setting until almsot 7 am these days. You should be able to wake up early and head over to a spot like the park.

good luck.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    "If you want a full moonrise, I suggest Twin Peaks, but currently, the moon is coming up a bit south and I"m currently waiting for it come up behind the skyline instead of over oakland hills. "

Good luck with that, I can't get it figured out. When at the headlands its way over at Oakland.

Got this from the Headlands in May last year. Now the moonrise isn't even over the city. The IQ is one of the reasons I traded up from D200

471560901_cidd3-M.jpg
    Rags
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    edited February 10, 2009
    Lovely set! The harder it is to take a picture (or leave after taking it), usually the better it is. The first is my favorite, love that silhouette. That steeple sure looks sharp, remind me not to sky-dive in that area :D
  • dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited February 11, 2009
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    coscorrosa wrote:
    Lovely set! The harder it is to take a picture (or leave after taking it), usually the better it is. The first is my favorite, love that silhouette. That steeple sure looks sharp, remind me not to sky-dive in that area :D

Thanks, Ron. The steeple is the Trans America Building, I think! Skydiving near there would land you either downtown, or in the bay!

ann
  • Ann McRaeAnn McRae Registered Users Posts: 4,584 Major grins
    edited February 12, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Nice set Ann clap.gif

Thanks, Dan.

ann
  • Andrew GouldAndrew Gould Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited February 13, 2009
    These are all so beautifully done that if pressed to do so, I'd find it hard to choose one as a favourite. I do like the sun peeking through in the first one, though, and the way you've got the exposure just right.
  • aktseaktse Registered Users Posts: 1,928 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    Ann McRae wrote:
    April challenged me: "will you remember where this spot is?" Well, I am pretty good with maps and directions and stuff, so here is my hint:
    Yerba Buena Island, Forest Road->at a point perpendicular to the Bay Bridge, there is a clearing above a fence but there is also a hole cut in the fence near a dumpster that allows a bit better view......
    Update: The gap in the fence off of Forest Road that leads to the straight on view of the Bay Bridge has been blocked with plywood and an SFPD police line sign.

You can still probably access this place, but you most likely have to climb over a fence or bring wire cutters.
  • toragstorags Registered Users Posts: 4,615 Major grins
    edited April 9, 2009
    aktse wrote:
    Update: The gap in the fence off of Forest Road that leads to the straight on view of the Bay Bridge has been blocked with plywood and an SFPD police line sign.

You can still probably access this place, but you most likely have to climb over a fence or bring wire cutters.

Damnnnn..... (what size wire cutters do you figure?) :D
    Rags