Lets Get Nikolai Up to Canada!

2»

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Hmm, only one entry so far. I guess there is not as much interest afterall :cry
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • BCSPhotoguyBCSPhotoguy Registered Users Posts: 265 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:

I am still working on the financial part of it - with my... financial advisor..ahem...rolleyes1.gif

I will let you guys know shortly.
    ...more to come!
    edited February 19, 2009
    I am still working on the financial part of it - with my... financial advisor..ahem...rolleyes1.gif
    You mean your Commander-in-Chief? mwink.gif Yeah... I know... some things are hard to get approved... rolleyes1.gif
    I will let you guys know shortly.
    thumb.gif
  • geospatial_junkiegeospatial_junkie Registered Users Posts: 707 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2009
    I'm thinking of asking the feds up here for a bailout and then using this as my junket. :D
    "They've done studies you know. Sixty-percent of the time, it works every time."

My Website
    My Photo Blog
    Twitter Feed
    edited February 19, 2009
    I'm thinking of asking the feds up here for a bailout and then using this as my junket. :D
    Good thinking!
    Hope and Change baby! rolleyes1.gif
    Brennan: Yes you can! mwink.gif
    edited February 20, 2009
    OK, we have Will and Andrea thus far...thumb.gif
    Anybody else care to provide their ideal dates? headscratch.gif
  • cmorganphotographycmorganphotography Registered Users Posts: 980 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    edited February 22, 2009
    Swing through Iowa on the way. :D
    I wouldn't mind... Can you get few more people? mwink.gif
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:

I just got in the door from a week in Jamaica so I'll fill in that form as soon as reality sets back in!!!! :D

-- Lisa P.
    edited February 22, 2009
    Um, hmm. I guess I could ask?? I know there's a few up here that would probably be interested. I'll give it a shot like geo_junkie - let's try try, yeah?
    edited February 22, 2009
    Um, hmm. I guess I could ask?? I know there's a few up here that would probably be interested. I'll give it a shot like geo_junkie - let's try try, yeah?
    Sure, I'm all for it. I never been to Iowa, but I know a few models there, too:-)
    edited February 22, 2009
    lisap wrote:
    I just got in the door from a week in Jamaica so I'll fill in that form as soon as reality sets back in!!!! :D

-- Lisa P.
    Yay! clap.gif You'll be 3d if you hurry.. mwink.gif
    But we need 10 guys min if we intend to keep the price low, so spread the word please...bowdown.gif
    edited February 24, 2009
    Check the prelim form: I added huge discounts for spouses and students. iloveyou.gif
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited February 24, 2009
    How 'bout Austin, TX???wings.gif We got hotels here!!
    LadyTX
    edited February 24, 2009
    ladytx wrote:
    How 'bout Austin, TX???wings.gif We got hotels here!!
    Start a new thread, get 10 or more people interested..
    You know, there are 52 weekends each year, I can do each state at least once a year:-) and still have time to visit an old Europe or the place Down Under.
    edited February 25, 2009
    Only 2 entries for the dates choice form thus far :cry Is that all we can get from the mighty Canada? mwink.gif
    edited February 26, 2009
    Looks like SoCal is going to remain undefeated (and even unchallenged) champion of the PTL mwink.gif
    edited February 28, 2009
    One day for date choice submission left. Sorry Will, doesn't look like we get too much interest ne_nau.gif
  • timk519timk519 Registered Users Posts: 831 Major grins
    edited February 28, 2009
    I just saw this thread, and while the class certainly sounds interesting, I can't commit to a July/Aug date, and with the CDN/USD exchange rate being what it is the class would cost around

$749 USD * 1.27 CDN / USD = $951 CDN

add in hotel fees & taxes at ~$125 / night x 2 nights, the total cost reaches ~$1,200 CDN.

and there's no telling what'll happen with the exchange rate between now and then. :wow
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
    edited March 1, 2009
    OK, the Miracle at St Agnes didn't happen mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    I will leave this form active till April 1st. If we don't get even marginal interest by then I'm afraid we'll have to call it it off, otherwise it'll become cost prohibitive either for you guys, or for me... ne_nau.gif
    edited March 2, 2009
    Kewl, have 3 entries now clap.gif
    edited March 3, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    I just saw this thread, and while the class certainly sounds interesting, I can't commit to a July/Aug date, and with the CDN/USD exchange rate being what it is the class would cost around

$749 USD * 1.27 CDN / USD = $951 CDN

add in hotel fees & taxes at ~$125 / night x 2 nights, the total cost reaches ~$1,200 CDN.

and there's no telling what'll happen with the exchange rate between now and then. :wow
    The only way I can dramatically lower the price to, say, $399US a head, is to increase the number of students from 10-15 to 25-30, which would probably make it less interesting.
    However, since you can't even commit to any July /Aug date I guess this is a purely academic deliberation...
    At any rate, thus far we are still counting on the plam of one hand, so it's all a bit academic:-)
    edited March 3, 2009
    Not much call for Iowa. If you want to drop by on vacation some day and have some peaches-and-cream corn during harvest days, you are more than welcome!
    Alas, we only had two interested here in the Midwest. Sorry, Nik. ne_nau.gif

We can only pay you in husk money, anyway. :D
    edited March 3, 2009
    Not much call for Iowa. If you want to drop by on vacation some day and have some peaches-and-cream corn during harvest days, you are more than welcome!
    Alas, we only had two interested here in the Midwest. Sorry, Nik. ne_nau.gif

We can only pay you in husk money, anyway. :D

Why don't you guys leave the cornfields and come bask in SoCal world-famous beaches for a weekend? mwink.gif
  • rmwphotormwphoto Registered Users Posts: 129 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2009
    Wish i could afford this event
    Going from a 5 day work week to a 3 day work week
    very limited funds can't buy any new lenses for a long time.
    www.rmwphoto.ca
    Canon XSI
    18-55 AF IS
    55-250 AF IS
    Canon 430 EXII Flash
    edited March 4, 2009
    Why would we leave the corn and go somewhere that the water is undrinkable, but everywhere, and shrivel up on pre-glass earth beads?
    edited March 4, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Why don't you guys leave the cornfields and come bask in SoCal world-famous beaches for a weekend? mwink.gif
    While I don't have cornfields to leave, I might be in SoCal this summer!
    • Save $5 off your first year's SmugMug image hosting with coupon code hccesQbqNBJbc
    edited March 4, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    While I don't have cornfields to leave, I might be in SoCal this summer!
    I can add one person to my June Class, please check this thread and PM/email me if you can make it...
    edited March 7, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    I can add one person to my June Class, please check this thread and PM/email me if you can make it...
    Hi Nikolai - the way things are looking now, my plans are pretty fluid, and if I do get to SoCal, it won't be until at least July and maybe August.

I'll be watching this board though, so we'll see what happens. :D
    edited March 7, 2009
    timk519 wrote:
    Hi Nikolai - the way things are looking now, my plans are pretty fluid, and if I do get to SoCal, it won't be until at least July and maybe August.

I'll be watching this board though, so we'll see what happens. :D
    July/August are targets for Toronto - should it get enough interest, of course. I don't think we'll get enough people for another SoCal session right after the first one... ne_nau.gif But I have been wrong before... mwink.gif