DSS #20 un-official FEEDBACK thread

2»

Comments

• TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited March 10, 2009
    Thanks to all who added me in their favs. It is always an honor.

Thanks to everyone....What a great display of photos!!

As Always, Good Luck cuz it shows that the judges have hard decisions to make.

Peace
    Donna P.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    WOW -- awesome round everyone, I love participating in these challenges it keeps my psyche nourished.

Thank you to everyone who made comments and put "inner journey" in their picks.

here is my splash of choices.

489240402_f6qnE-O.jpg

Note to divamum, I agree with your comment - I could not decide either, in the end I felt it showed reality and that the shot was not a composite but all really there. (poor excuse I know) mwink.gif

Thanks to everyone who participated - without all of you - this place would not be what it is.
  • GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited March 11, 2009
    Notes from Flyinggina
    What a great set of entries. Two really spoke to me from my very first look-through - one representing chaos and the other serenity. The more I looked at the rest, however, the more I saw in each photo. Picking the remaining 8 was really, really difficult.

I'll comment on each of my top ten in the entry gallery. If anyone wants to know why I did not pick his or her entry, just PM me.

Here in order of entry are my top ten picks:

divamum - The Road to Adolescence
    bfjr - Good Morning
    Ilcnu - Quiet Beginnings
    Coscorrosa - Chaos at the Beach
    AaronNelson - Searching my Dreams
    Twlwydd - Verdun, World Capital of Peace, Freedom
    and Human Rights
    Hawkeye978 - The Photographic Process
    KerrieMcD - When Nature Reclaims
    Richters - Silent Footprints
    Sherstone - Inner Journey

Honorable mentions in no particular order:

Halite - Subway Snooze
    Roadkill - For the Moment
    The Curious Camel - Nirvana
    Tentation - Homeward Bound
    michswiss - Lessons Learnt

It was a privilege to be a judge. And a good lesson in how hard it is when you are on the other side of the fence!

Virginia
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited March 15, 2009
    Ok, no big deal but I just saw that Flyinggina put me down for an HM for her selections for DSS #20. I don't know, but it feels something like making the JV squad in prep to Varsity. Thanks! :)