Milky Way over Mt. Rainier

2»

Comments

• dseidmandseidman Registered Users Posts: 824 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    cj99si wrote:
    I love this! It looks like theres an avalanche going onne_nau.gif I really want to try something like this. Again great image.

Actually during my hike while it was still light out, I heard a roar that sounded like thunder. I looked up toward the mountain and saw a huge avalanche coming down its side. I heard the same sound again later after the sun had set, but I couldn't see anything because it was so dark out.
  • jopapecajopapeca Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Lovely image thumb.gif. Just one (maybe stupid question), could you saw what you were shoting with naked eye?headscratch.gif or it you use trial and error, shoting and adjusting position till you got what you wanted?
    best regards
    Paulo Campos

My photos at Flickr
    edited March 13, 2009
    jopapeca wrote:
    Lovely image thumb.gif. Just one (maybe stupid question), could you saw what you were shoting with naked eye?headscratch.gif or it you use trial and error, shoting and adjusting position till you got what you wanted?

Yeah, I could see it with my naked eye. This is pretty much how the sky looked in person. The mountain was a little harder to make out though.
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    edited March 13, 2009
    Yup... it a completely awesome piece of work. thumb.gif
    Michael
  • f-riderf-rider Registered Users Posts: 86 Big grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Kudos!!! I've seen some amazing Milky Way shots from my astrophotographer friends, but this one is just superb. The lights on the mountain make it even better... something to put this great shot into context. Very, very well done.
    edited April 20, 2009
    I'm glad that my image ranks with some of the photos that your astrophotography friends are getting. Thanks for the comment!