Recent Seniors

jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
edited April 21, 2009 in People
Whew!!!

The last few weeks have been a blur for me and photography. Finally I am caught up....well mostly. I have a full days worth of wedding photos here somewhere waiting to be edited, and one last senior on my schedule for next week. It's been a juggling act with my regular job, and I have smugmug boxes stacked all over the house, but most all of those should be in the hands of their persective owners today. It's been a LOT of fun, and I even picked up a new client through one of my seniors that will be hiring me for a very interesting...and fun...bit of shooting.(Ill be asking advice on that soon!)

So...in no particular order, a few of my favorites from my 2009 senior portfolios....

1-Garret
413619965_xcnha-M-7.jpg

2-
464383288_cwh4a-M-1.jpg

3-Emily
512490190_AgqbU-M-1.jpg

4-
512493053_LVbdo-S-1.jpg

5-
512498737_z57oq-M-1.jpg

6-Macy
507848860_GE3h9-S-1.jpg

7-Drew
503489008_yUGWL-M-1.jpg

8-Brandon
498145372_Kgi8t-M-2.jpg

9-Jesse
492821765_YnCEL-M.jpg

10-Allison
509985937_ybiES-M-1.jpg

11-
509985625_4jkeo-M-1.jpg

12-
509987346_Jp3Aw-S-1.jpg

13-
502434274_vyDWN-M.jpg

14-Lauren
500449306_MexbB-M-1.jpg

15-
500450272_tMgoC-S-1.jpg

16-
500422376_icZE7-M-2.jpg

17-Treva
504468347_a4n3d-S.jpg

18-
504480038_YrCDY-M.jpg

19-
504528726_cvs3n-M.jpg

20-
504560550_8mZkw-M.jpg

Comments

• EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    These are refreshingly different Sr. pictures and a joy to view!
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    Eia wrote:
    These are refreshingly different Sr. pictures and a joy to view!

Thanks Eia.

I appreciate that.

How are they "different"?headscratch.gif
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    Ooo! Ooo! A Jeffreaux thread!

Have seen most of these before, but that doesn't stop me having a good old ogle and enjoying them all over again. I really REALLY love that red dress against the ivy wall, and 17 just takes my breath away - WHAT gave you the idea to combine a formal gown with that? It's inspired. thumb.gif

Good to see you around!
  • bandgeekndbbandgeekndb Registered Users Posts: 284 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    I can only hope to get shots as good as these someday! Always enjoy seeing your work, and glad to hear you're all caught up!

~Nick
    Nikon D7000, D90

Sigma 18-50 f/2.8, 70-200 f/2.8
    Nikkor 55-200mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8
  • heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    These are terrible. Maaaan, it just irritates me when nobody posts anything good.

(JK) Love them of course. Jeffs spectacular Seniors. iloveyou.gif
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    WOWZA!!!

nuff said.
  • Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    These are great, really like the variety of poses. 2, 7, 13, & 17 are outstanding and by far my favorites. Very Well Done clap.gifclap.gif
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • JAMooreJAMoore Registered Users Posts: 87 Big grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    These are fantastic! thumb.gif

For some reason I had never heard of doing "senior photos" until I came to dgrin, but I think it's a great idea.

I really like the feel of 11 and 12. The almost-sepia type tone is great. If you don't mind me asking, what adjustments were made on those?
  • Darren Troy CDarren Troy C Registered Users Posts: 1,927 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    Just fantastic and on average great. My only nit would be that all of them are superb and none of them aren't not awesome. :D:D:D

thumb.gif :ivar wings.gif
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    You are GOOD! Don't know if I've ever seen such stellar senior shots before. So refreshing. clap.gifclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • afev0602afev0602 Registered Users Posts: 166 Major grins
    edited April 17, 2009
    I love your posts...I always learn so much and and definitely walk away inspired.:D
    Well, I guess you would call me... genus, humanus... Alice.
    http://aliceswonderland.smugmug.com/
    edited April 18, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Ooo! Ooo! A Jeffreaux thread!

Have seen most of these before, but that doesn't stop me having a good old ogle and enjoying them all over again. I really REALLY love that red dress against the ivy wall, and 17 just takes my breath away - WHAT gave you the idea to combine a formal gown with that? It's inspired. thumb.gif

Good to see you around!

The idea?...

Haven't you figured out that I can't pass on an opportunity to shoot against old brick? This is a crumbling retaining wall with a street about 6 feet over her head. It runs for half a block and is about 50 feet from the Ivy covered wall. Some of the wall has grafitti, but this section is "clean". It faces a parking lot and the setting sun.

Oh....and formal....really formal gowns can look great in just about any environment.
    edited April 18, 2009
    I can only hope to get shots as good as these someday! Always enjoy seeing your work, and glad to hear you're all caught up!

~Nick

Hey Nick!

Thanks for the comments. I browsed your galleries and would say you are getting shots like these right now. Check out the processing how-to's in the links at the top of the Dgrin "people" section and see if you can't kick them up a notch or two! Looks great.
    edited April 18, 2009
    These are terrible. Maaaan, it just irritates me when nobody posts anything good.

I know....sorry.....they always look better when I set the camera to that green square thing.

(JK) Love them of course. Jeffs spectacular Seniors. iloveyou.gif

They certainly are a great looking group of kids, eh?
    edited April 18, 2009
    JAMoore wrote:
    These are fantastic! thumb.gif

For some reason I had never heard of doing "senior photos" until I came to dgrin, but I think it's a great idea.

I really like the feel of 11 and 12. The almost-sepia type tone is great. If you don't mind me asking, what adjustments were made on those?

Thanks,

11 and 12 are split tones in color done in lightroom. 12 actually uses a preset I found on the web called "Matt's cross process 1".(Its really just an orange and green split toning though.
  • sweet carolinesweet caroline Registered Users Posts: 1,589 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    I'm looking at these again this morning as I get ready for a senior session this afternoon. Very inspirational! I haven't done many teens so far, but I'd like to do more (I think).

Caroline
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    These as always are exceptional. Like the others on here, I look at your posts for inspiration. Great set of photographs!thumb.gif
    edited April 18, 2009
    #4 reminds me of the one I did. :D

These as always are exceptional. Like the others on here, I look at your posts for inspiration. Great set of photographs!thumb.gif

I have taken sillouttes at that same spot over the years....atop the Mississippi's levee here in Baton Rouge. The idea of having her bring a flag along and put it to use...was indeed inspired by YOU!iloveyou.gif

medium.jpg

445820158_9oRvP-S-2.jpg

507848860_GE3h9-S-1.jpg
  • MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    Wow, Jeff. Great work on these. 3,6 and 20 are my favorites.

Nice job with a great mix of lighting, PP and poses.

This thread would serve you well as a selling portfolio to highlight the diversity of you senior work.
  • lisaplisap Registered Users Posts: 294 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    I love the background settings you use. Each suits each subject so well :) And really like your post processing too. They should all be REALLY happy with these shots, as should their parents!
  • JulieLawsonPhotographyJulieLawsonPhotography Registered Users Posts: 787 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    I have taken sillouttes at that same spot over the years....atop the Mississippi's levee here in Baton Rouge. The idea of having her bring a flag along and put it to use...was indeed inspired by YOU!iloveyou.gif

medium.jpg

445820158_9oRvP-S-2.jpg

507848860_GE3h9-S-1.jpg

Laughing.gif I edited my comment after I posted it cause I didn't want you to think I was being......you know. :D I just saw that I remember that you had liked the one I did. Yours turned out awesome. I love it.
  • EiaEia Registered Users Posts: 3,627 Major grins
    edited April 18, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Thanks Eia.

I appreciate that.

How are they "different"?headscratch.gif

Good question... each one seems to present the senior with a personality. You did a great job bringing that out.
    edited April 20, 2009
    lisap wrote:
    I love the background settings you use. Each suits each subject so well :) And really like your post processing too. They should all be REALLY happy with these shots, as should their parents!

Thanks Lisa. I appreciate your comment.
    edited April 20, 2009
    Laughing.gif I edited my comment after I posted it cause I didn't want you to think I was being......you know. :D I just saw that I remember that you had liked the one I did. Yours turned out awesome. I love it.

I did see the comment BEFORE you edited, but no......I didn't think you were being...."you know".....at all. :D

I like the way it turned out as well. I REALLY liked the one you had done....the proof is in my attempt!
    edited April 20, 2009
    Mitchell wrote:
    Wow, Jeff. Great work on these. 3,6 and 20 are my favorites.

Nice job with a great mix of lighting, PP and poses.

This thread would serve you well as a selling portfolio to highlight the diversity of you senior work.

Interestingly.....after reading your comments I looked back through the ones I posted. Nearly half were taken in existing light....which if it's good enough is tough to beat.

BTW, I already knew u liked 20!rolleyes1.gif
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    You're a senior-master! Such a nice collection of photos! Are you / Did you end up doing a portfolio (album) with them?

Very nice shots. I could seriously not say which one my favorite is. I love them all iloveyou.gif
    edited April 20, 2009
    Agnieszka wrote:
    You're a senior-master! Such a nice collection of photos! Are you / Did you end up doing a portfolio (album) with them?

Very nice shots. I could seriously not say which one my favorite is. I love them all iloveyou.gif

I did one book for Garrett. Macy's parents want "at least two" copies of a book I am supposed to be putting together this week.

Next year, I think Ill push the books more....maybe as an option in my package as well as graduation invitations.

I gotta tell ya though....Garretts book looked fantastic....via Mpix.

For me, I dont know if "printing" a book of all of my favorire senior photos would be a big benifit. Most sales are from folks who have already seen my work/website. I definately DO need to update my online portfolio though.
  • AgnieszkaAgnieszka Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,263 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    I guess that's true. Do you even have them come in for an interview / appointment beforehand? I do an album every year, styles change, I guess .... + my brides always want to see the newest paper / covers ne_nau.gif

I'm pretty sure your albums would sell! I remember that loooved your layout(s), very nicely done. iloveyou.gif
  • TravisTravis Registered Users Posts: 1,472 Major grins
    edited April 20, 2009
    Dude, I'm really beginning to hate you out of pure jealous rage at your subjects, techniques, processing,..... everything. rolleyes1.gif These images rock as usual!!! I think I'm going to purchase a 1:1 macro lens and simply shoot copies of your images from now on. mwink.gif
  • ladytxladytx Registered Users Posts: 814 Major grins
    edited April 21, 2009
    A wonderful set of photos. You have much to be happy and proud of.
    LadyTX