Maine lighthouses (well two of them anyway)

2»

Comments

• cj99sicj99si Registered Users Posts: 880 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Agree #1 and #3 are my favorites. Love how you got yourself (what looks like) right in the water, to get such a great perspective.

No, not quite in the water but close. I shot this pretty much "from the hip" holding it way over and down, to avoid laying in the water:uhoh
    edited April 30, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Come on, Corey--post it HUGE! wings.gif

. . . and send me a complimentary print to hang on my wall . . . a HUGE print. :D

Sorry Lauren, I missed this. PM me your address I'll send you a printrolleyes1.gif
  • grimacegrimace Registered Users Posts: 1,537 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    Great looking set of photos!! They make me look forward to the October DGrin trip.
  • DionysusDionysus Registered Users Posts: 226 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    so like for the first one...how did you get the right exposure to get both the sky and subjects exposed? I'm assuming you didnt take double exposures of every piece of the pano. Just wondering..awesome pics though.
    -=Ren B.=-

Gear: Canon EOS 50D, 28-135mm f/3.5-5.6, 55-250mm f/4-5.6, 50mm f/1.8, Canon 430EX-II Flash
    Galleries: Smugmug Flickr DeviantART
  • ghostryderghostryder Registered Users Posts: 9 Big grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    I think they are all great, but I really like the last one. Great work!!!
  • TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited April 30, 2009
    productive shoot is see.

very nice work, i love #2, and i think the color version of #3 is way better as color...
    Aaron Nelson
    edited April 30, 2009
    grimace wrote:
    Great looking set of photos!! They make me look forward to the October DGrin trip.

Thanks,

Are you guys going to spend any time in Portland?
    edited April 30, 2009
    Dionysus wrote:
    so like for the first one...how did you get the right exposure to get both the sky and subjects exposed? I'm assuming you didnt take double exposures of every piece of the pano. Just wondering..awesome pics though.

Must just be the way I shootmwink.gif

Seriously though no hdr work here, the cloud cover helped a lot, and I typically under expose a stop.
    edited April 30, 2009
    ghostryder wrote:
    I think they are all great, but I really like the last one. Great work!!!

Awesome #4 gets some love! Thanks!
    edited April 30, 2009
    productive shoot is see.

very nice work, i love #2, and i think the color version of #3 is way better as color...

Thanks Aaron,

Yeah I was happy with the turnout. im still torn between color and B&W on the third one. I'll probably print it B&W...