Options

Site Speed???

Comments

• Options
    whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Ughh......painful.

I feel for those using SM to sell photos. I only use SM for my home photos...and today happened to be my only day off work in a while and I was hoping to get some things accomplished. :cry
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • Options
    mleemlee Registered Users Posts: 104 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Spreebot wrote:
    Any idea how long this will be? I have clients calling...

I understand that you are all doing the best you can but they only understand minutes? Any rough guesses?

Up and working for me now.

It's sure A LOT faster now than it has been the past few days.

Mike
  • Options
    SpreebotSpreebot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Yay! It's working for me too...SUPER SPEED..holy man! Totally worth the wait!

I'm going to give it a few minutes before I let my clients know though :)

Thanks Guys! Much appreciated!

mlee wrote:
    Up and working for me now.

It's sure A LOT faster now than it has been the past few days.

Mike
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
  • Options
    subscattersubscatter Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 4, 2009
    OMG~ thank you~~ It's much faster now. It's been very very very very very slow for the past few weeks. Glad we gain the speed back!clap.gif
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    Spreebot wrote:
    Any idea how long this will be? I have clients calling...

I understand that you are all doing the best you can but they only understand minutes? Any rough guesses?
    it's back up http://smugmug.wordpress.com/
  • Options
    bhambham Registered Users Posts: 1,303 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    whiterice wrote:
    Ughh......painful.

I feel for those using SM to sell photos. I only use SM for my home photos...and today happened to be my only day off work in a while and I was hoping to get some things accomplished. :cry

Don't feel sorry for us. All in all its extremely reliable. The great thing is that in read only mode customers can still look. It seems to be a bigger inconvience to those of us uploading. Trust me sunday and monday are the worst times for outages for me. I still have 1,000+ photos to upload. Luckily I am about 3/4's done from the weekend.

I just hope it stays back in regular mode. Going back and forth is worse than a single longer outage.
    "A photo is like a hamburger. You can get one from McDonalds for $1, one from Chili's for $5, or one from Ruth's Chris for $15. You usually get what you pay for, but don't expect a Ruth's Chris burger at a McDonalds price, if you want that, go cook it yourself." - me
  • Options
    jenleephotography1jenleephotography1 Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    I can now upload photos..BUT !!! my photos are not showing up after I upload them....the little box comes up that says "processing image" for the past 15 minutes! they normally take this long when I upload them at all. (I'm only uploading batches of 4 or 5 at this time just in CASE) Anyone else having this problem?
    I'm sitting here with tons of little "processing image" icons all over my pages.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    I can now upload photos..BUT !!! my photos are not showing up after I upload them....the little box comes up that says "processing image" for the past 15 minutes! they normally take this long when I upload them at all. (I'm only uploading batches of 4 or 5 at this time just in CASE) Anyone else having this problem?
    I'm sitting here with tons of little "processing image" icons all over my pages.
    Just busy for a bit, we have your uploads and they'll process, promise :D

Lots of folks uploading right now.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    ok thanks. i will sit tight :)
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    i'm beyond frustrated. any idea what is going on with the uploads now? i'm uploading and none are showing up. a client of mine is not happy she can't see them.
    Jen? Please see my post just above where I just answered you, thanks. Your upload log is here http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/uploadlog.mg accessible from the stats tab of your control panel. Just fyi.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Jen? Please see my post just above where I just answered you, thanks. Your upload log is here http://www.smugmug.com/homepage/uploadlog.mg accessible from the stats tab of your control panel. Just fyi.

thank you. after i saw your above post i posted. i appreciate it.
  • Options
    RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Speed...
    I'm experience wicked slowness on my site http://photos.brogen.com Unlisted Dgrin Gallery. I uploaded 6 photos today and normally in a few seconds to a minute the photos are viewable on my site but this time it's been upwards of 10 minutes and still "Processing Image" icons are displaying. I've also noticed recently that I get a lot of time outs after the file are uploaded and I click back to gallery button. I have a 20/20 buinsess FIOS connection that I'm on and not experiencing any other slowness with. Is anything up with SM? I'm running both MAC and Windows (XP Pro, Vista 32 and Vista 64) systems.

Thanks
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • Options
    Marc LangilleMarc Langille Registered Users Posts: 58 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Thanks Andy for the updates! What was the cause?

Regards,
    Marc
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    I'm experience wicked slowness on my site http://photos.brogen.com Unlisted Dgrin Gallery. I uploaded 6 photos today and normally in a few seconds to a minute the photos are viewable on my site but this time it's been upwards of 10 minutes and still "Processing Image" icons are displaying. I've also noticed recently that I get a lot of time outs after the file are uploaded and I click back to gallery button. I have a 20/20 buinsess FIOS connection that I'm on and not experiencing any other slowness with. Is anything up with SM? I'm running both MAC and Windows (XP Pro, Vista 32 and Vista 64) systems.

Thanks
    it should be fast now. If not, write our heros and we'll do some network diagnostics. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:

Thanks

"processing image" is still up for me too on all my uploads of the past half hour. we have to sit tight as they are experiencing a large amount of people uploading all at the same time it seems.
  • Options
    agalliaagallia Registered Users Posts: 541 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    it should be fast now. If not, write our heros and we'll do some network diagnostics. Thanks.
    Still slow here too. Tried uploading photo twice using Simple Loader, apparently uploads OK, but never makes it to my gallery page. Thumb just says "Processing Image" forever??? There is obviously still a problem.
    Acadiana Al
    Smugmug: Bayou Oaks Studio
    Blog: Journey to the Light
    "Serendipity...the faculty of making happy, unexpected discoveries by accident." .... Horace Walpole, 1754 (perhaps that 'lucky shot' wasn't really luck at all!)
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    agallia wrote:
    Still slow here too. Tried uploading photo twice using Simple Loader, apparently uploads OK, but never makes it to my gallery page. Thumb just says "Processing Image" forever??? There is obviously still a problem.
    Folks, there's a backlog of images to process. Let us catch up, eh? Thanks for your patience, we really appreciate it.
  • Options
    RKnechtRKnecht Registered Users Posts: 366 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    I was able to upload my last few hundred images fine. However, no gallery thumbs are loading and the site in general is still slow. headscratch.gif
    A few Nikon bodies and some fast Nikon glass

www.richknechtphotography.com
  • Options
    SpreebotSpreebot Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Thanks Andy! Maybe you should make posts like these blink...totally annoying, but maybe it would take some miles off your repeatin' fingers!

Bless your HUGE hearts for putting up with us!
    Andy wrote:
    Folks, there's a backlog of images to process. Let us catch up, eh? Thanks for your patience, we really appreciate it.
  • Options
    brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    Not working yet....
    I'm trying to upload photos from Lightroom and I'm getting:

Error response from Smugmug:
    system error (invalid album/image id)

Aborting export after 0 of 1 images successfully uploaded

I wasn't getting this error last night.

Is anyone else having a problem using the Lightroom uploader?
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    Spreebot wrote:
    Thanks Andy! Maybe you should make posts like these blink...totally annoying, but maybe it would take some miles off your repeatin' fingers!

Bless your HUGE hearts for putting up with us!

The SM Super Heros have always rocked thumb.gif . Perhaps they can put up a note like the ones that appear on your site when a new feature is available so that as soon as you login you see that there is an issue with an ETA for resolution? That would definitely reduce the number of posts like this that wind up with a life of their own and very repetitive and time consuming responses from the SM SHs when they can be focused on fix'n the issue.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    i guess i should stop clicking 'reload' for my nine images that are still processing lol
  • Options
    MotophotogMotophotog Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    iz workin for me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

Thanks Andy/TEAM
    www.darrenbeattyphotography.com
    Contracts for: WMRRA, Sullivan Race School, AMA, Epic Trackdays, NMC Magazine
    ***Seattle - Shelton - Portland - Spokane***
  • Options
    TNFlyBoyTNFlyBoy Registered Users Posts: 24 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    brjphoto wrote:
    I'm trying to upload photos from Lightroom and I'm getting:

Error response from Smugmug:
    system error (invalid album/image id)

Aborting export after 0 of 1 images successfully uploaded

I wasn't getting this error last night.

Is anyone else having a problem using the Lightroom uploader?

I'm getting it too, just give em some time, Andy said there was a backlog of photos to process
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    i guess i should stop clicking 'reload' for my nine images that are still processing lol

rolleyes1.gif yeah....thought I beat 2 of my 6 out into the open by doing that lol.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif yeah....thought I beat 2 of my 6 out into the open by doing that lol.

lol nod.gif
  • Options
    brjphotobrjphoto Registered Users Posts: 168 Major grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    TNFlyBoy wrote:
    I'm getting it too, just give em some time, Andy said there was a backlog of photos to process

Yeah, but this doesn't seem like a processing issue. It is an access issue. Lightroom isn't getting access to Smugmug.
  • Options
    edited May 4, 2009
    brjphoto wrote:
    Yeah, but this doesn't seem like a processing issue. It is an access issue. Lightroom isn't getting access to Smugmug.

BRJPhoto: When the pipeline is flooded with the backlog of people shove'n terabytes of pixels at it, depending on several variables, your software will time out trying to do its thing. It's all related :)....just hang in there and know that the best damn techs bowdown.gif around are on it and are greasing up the pipeline to squeeze the backlog through as quickly as possible for us.
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

• Options
    TheBradyTheBrady Registered Users Posts: 17 Big grins
    edited May 4, 2009
    brjphoto wrote:

There seems to just be a monstrous queue to process photos right now... I was having the same exact issue. I then gave up on Lightroom and I used the online simple uploader. Two pictures went up fine, but now they have been sitting in the processing queue for almost an hour...

I paid for SmugMug last night, I sure chose the perfect time. I love the set up of the site, but I hope these issues aren't a regular thing.