Shout out to Llywellyn

2»

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited May 24, 2009
    we want brownie pictures... I am gonna bake some and try this too... do let us know how they turned out.. Y-U-M...........clap.gif

hows that arm after all that mixing? mwink.gif
    edited May 25, 2009
    OK..... Llywellyn >>>> Here is your Brownie
    Does a picture count for the bribe? here is mine..Laughing.gif

http://katmitchell.smugmug.com/photos/545212596_wyo5d-L.jpg

Thank you Michswiss for the super recipe iloveyou.gif the whole family had fun making these and my kids thank you.... take a look, they turned out super!!!!!!! clap.gif

I love this recipe it is like a heavy cake and it rises so well.... my arm is gonna take some time to heal though, the batter was thick!

again, thanks... They Turned Out Delicious..
    Kat
    edited May 25, 2009
    Mark
    MarkR wrote:
    Or that we need to bake our pictures longer? ne_nau.gifdunno

Or, when sister-in-law is visiting, and asking what to bring, say "wine." :D

There might be other lessons there as well. headscratch.gif

> Hey Mark,, take a look at the brownie picture.. is that what you meant? did I bake it long enough? lol

by the way, I like the entry you put in.. nice angle and light..
    they turned out great..thumb.gif

Kat
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    > Hey Mark,, take a look at the brownie picture.. is that what you meant? did I bake it long enough? lol

by the way, I like the entry you put in.. nice angle and light..
    they turned out great..thumb.gif

Kat

Those look exactly the way my sister-in-law's DON'T! thumb.gif :food

Thank you for your kind words.
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Does a picture count for the bribe? here is mine..Laughing.gif

I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but those words aren't filling my tummy with chocolate. Need some physical samples, I'm afraid. :D
  • divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    Ooooo... you iced yours! We just enjoyed the yummy, chewy chocolaty-ness naked and unadorned (read: I didn't have icing ingredients or nuts in the house :giggle). GaWOW! We've actually only allowed ourselve sto taste-test the rubble since we have family coming over this afternoon and these are, strictly speaking, for dessert, but mmmmmmmmMMMmmmmMMMMMm - serious yum. This is now "our" recipe too, I think! Great job, Mischswiss bowdown.gifthumb.gifbow thumb.gifbow thumb.gifbow thumb.gifclap

PS I recently stumbled across a recipe that adds a shot of espresso as well - I wonder how these would take to that? headscratch.gif
  • michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    PS I recently stumbled across a recipe that adds a shot of espresso as well - I wonder how these would take to that? headscratch.gif

I'm really pleased that the recipe worked for the two of you! Have fun with it. There are so many variations you can do to make it chewy, light, dense, moist, dry. What ever you like.

It will definitely take to a shot of espresso (done it), orange or lemon zest (done it), Kahlua (done it), Bailies (done it), fresh mint (done it), minced ginger (done it), whiskey (done it) and a few more. Always fold (trowel) this in at the end. I should try it with chipotle. Chili and chocolate are lovely together. It just takes special children to appreciate it.

I like making split batches where one pan is lovely, basic chocolate, the other with the added flavor. Then challenge the taste testers to figure it out. Sampling is such good fun :D

Just imagine the confusion though when someone googles for a brownie recipe and end up at a photography site. eek7.gif

ps. Call me Jenn

pps. Kerry, I think you should absolutely INSIST on sampling both Divamum's and Kat's attempts. I need to know that my IP is being well served!
  • LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    pps. Kerry, I think you should absolutely INSIST on sampling both Divamum's and Kat's attempts. I need to know that my IP is being well served!

I'm not going to argue this point. :giggle
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited May 25, 2009
    bowdown.gifclap.gifclap.gif Kat those brownies look awesome! Nice modification of the light as well! rolleyes1.gif
    edited May 25, 2009
    bf2015 wrote:
    bowdown.gifclap.gifclap.gif Kat those brownies look awesome! Nice modification of the light as well! rolleyes1.gif

Thanks Brian.. Loved your pun on the light modification.. ya know.. I actually did try a shot with the egg shells afterwords for the contest.. I crushed them up and tried to cast hard shadows with them, but I need a better lens to pull it off.. all I have right now is the 55mm... and I need a macro to pull that off and get close enough for the impact to be successful...

Kat
    edited May 25, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    I know a picture is worth a thousand words, but those words aren't filling my tummy with chocolate. Need some physical samples, I'm afraid. :D

Well there is always USPS Kerry.... and I made several pans... and there is plenty... send me the location... and you get your brownies........ all bribes aside though... I say it is a good way to say thank you for all that you do... and you do it all probono to boot!!! . amazing....

This was neat... a food theme would be an interesting mini challenge...
    However, I discovered that food is harder to photograph than I thought, especially on a white platter.. Now I see why food photography is an art all its own...

thanks for the comments guys and thanks "Jenn" for the recipe and the Name...

I think I will try that coffee one Diva,,, that sounds great..

so that would qualify it as breakfast right? you have your flour (grains) and your eggs (protein) and your nuts and now your coffee (caffeine)..... sounds Awesome. "The Breakfast Brownie" ...wings.gif

Kat