Options

*ENTRY* Thread DSS #27: Singular or Plural (Exclusive Black and White Challenge)

Comments

• Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Muahahaha... naughty.gif

that's so..... scary :twitch

I am actually looking forward to it now :D
    [rubs hands together]
  • Options
    KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    thumb.gif

But wait until you see the next one. Not sure how many thanks I'm going to get when it rolls around. mwink.gif

Well..........................

Come on Kerry...

DO we at least get a tiny hint? just one little tiny clue? :D awww come on.. lets play I spy......... ewww cant wait to see what it is....

OH NO... Just had a scary thought.. what if it is a self portrait? oh please no........

Kat
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2009
    Of our childhoods or present? rolleyes1.gif

"Both Terrify Me" eek7.gifhuheek7.gif

One day I might get brave enough.... maybe...headscratch.gif
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    OH NO... Just had a scary thought.. what if it is a self portrait? oh please no........

Oh, now there's an interesting idea... mwink.gif
  • Options
    ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009

Kat

Don't go giving her ideas Kat!!!
    Since Diva has already mastered that topic, how bout we just declare her the winner and move onto a different idea:giggle :giggle :giggle
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2009
    ic4u wrote:
    Don't go giving her ideas Kat!!!
    Since Diva has already mastered that topic, how bout we just declare her the winner and move onto a different idea:giggle :giggle :giggle

Oh.. total bummer... ooops.... sorry.... :help:dgrin:hide

Subject change "quick", somebody get her mind off of it..

So Kerry, hows the weather? :saurora:whew its hot here in the South.

How about Spam, who likes SPAM? :spam
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    "mastered the topic" :lol rolleyes1.gif :lol rolleyes1.gif

The only reason I do SP's as often as I do is because there's nobody else around to model for me!!!!!!!!!!!! Seriously - it's NECESSITY. And believe me, if it weren't for PS you wouldn't be seeing so much of my own mug... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited June 2, 2009
    i would like to see a selfportrait challenge mixed with the monty python theme.

let me know when to order my Horse:D

:hide

hey look at the brightside...we could all have new avatars after that roundthumb.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2009
    i would like to see a selfportrait challenge mixed with the monty python theme.

let me know when to order my Horse:D

:hide

hey look at the brightside...we could all have new avatars after that roundthumb.gif

Well, that leaves me the choice of either getting dressed up with a carrot on my nose ("I'm NOT a witch!") or in a filmy white garment shouting "A spanking! A spanking!"

Ok, maybe not.... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 2, 2009
    You said the SP word..!!!

lets focus on the SPAM.. We can do a contest on who can photograph SPAM the most creatively and then perhaps Kerry can get SPAM to ADD to the Prize pool and sponsor it... there we go... that gets my vote..

OR

I see you have the machine that goes "bing":lol
  • Options
    achambersachambers Registered Users Posts: 255 Major grins
    edited June 3, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Well, that leaves me the choice of either getting dressed up with a carrot on my nose ("I'm NOT a witch!") or in a filmy white garment shouting "A spanking! A spanking!"

Ok, maybe not.... rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I vote for the spanking.:D
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    achambers wrote:

rolleyes1.gif:D

You know I was just the other day wondering where you'd been, Alan - WB! wave.gif

Are we going to see any photos from you this round? :D
  • Options
    pemmettpemmett Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    Oh... oh, my God... I am so, so tempted. Must... resist... powers of geekery. umph.gif

Then again, it may be the perfect way to leave my mark on the challenges. naughty.gif

Monty Monty Monty... if I keep chanting it must come true :-)
    "Take a moment to capture a memory that will last forever"
    My images | My blog | My free course
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    MarkR wrote:
    Hmmm...

"The Hedgehog Can Never Be Buggered by A Naked Man Jumping Through a Ring of Fire."

eek7.gif

Just watch me try rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    achambers wrote:

Is this also a possible topic for a challenge round?
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    and im thinking a Benny Hill theme too:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    GreensquaredGreensquared Registered Users Posts: 2,115 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    Oh Peter, I can so see you with that scarf on your head, holding a dead parrot and being chased around by scantily clad females (with a familiar theme tune merrrily playing!) rolleyes1.gif

Kerry - ya done brung it, girl! I'm glad to be judging this round as I haven't a clue what I would shoot if I werent. headscratch.gif But, I can't wait to see what you come up with next! Hopefully I'll get a little creativity and energy back over the next couple of weeks!

Okay, ya'll, continue to keep me entertained with yer banter. I need a good laugh or two!

(Please note: all slang and misspelled words are intentional - I truly do have a decent vocabulary and my drawl isn't that thick. And why do I feel the need for a disclaimer? You should too with a NASA editor in our midst!)
    Emily
    Psalm 62:5-6

• Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited June 4, 2009
    (...And why do I feel the need for a disclaimer? You should too with a NASA editor in our midst!)
    Oh man, now I need to disclaim my own posts! I do not type the way I edit, whatsoever. And I totally still say (and type) "y'all." I just put the apostrophe in a different place. mwink.gif

NASA editor translation: "Good heavens, I feel I should protest such proclamations as I would, too, fall victim to their necessity. I fear my locution is much changed in print than it is online. I do dabble—nay, dip a timid toe—into the slang run rampant on the Internet and in common speech, including but not limited to the conjuction 'y'all.' I do, however, punctuate it in quite a different manner."

(Yeah, my inner editor is a faux Brit. Explains a lot, doesn't it?)
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    Great now I am paranoid too....Brings back the college technical writing memories...ughhhhh..

" Who is this Nasa Writer Person" ?

I moved to Tennessee from Colorado, talk about a language barrier.. 3 years in and I am picking up the southern drawl... people here still laugh at me for calling "coke" "soda pop"... and my husband came home in shock because they actually say,

lets go visit mom "n" nem.... down by the crick...

gotta love them Southern Bells.. I have one for a neighbor and it takes work to understand her sometimes... and the southern draw pulls ya in slowly...the next thing ya know your suthun..

What is really strange is arriving here from Colorado and thinking we sound so "normal" and everyone here laughs at the way "we" talk.. rolleyes1.gifrolleyesrolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    Jumpin' crap, did I just get a typo correction on "ya'll"? eek7.gif See...I told ya!!!!!!!!
    Emily

• Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    I moved to Tennessee from Colorado, talk about a language barrier.. 3 years in and I am picking up the southern drawl... people here still laugh at me for calling "coke" "soda pop"... and my husband came home in shock because they actually say,

So take 10 years of Pacific NW, add 12 years of East London (yeah that's England and totaly means cockney) and throw in 18 years of Georgia. What do you get? A total of a 40 year old, completely screwed up accent!
    Emily

• Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    So take 10 years of Pacific NW, add 12 years of East London (yeah that's England and totaly means cockney) and throw in 18 years of Georgia. What do you get? A total of a 40 year old, completely screwed up accent!

OMGOSH... rolleyes1.gifYou could have your very own dialect.. :ivar

I wonder....biscuit with fried chicken or with tea..? :lol
    I thought I had it tough.. Guess not...:cavig
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:

NASA editor translation: "Good heavens, I feel I should protest such proclamations as I would, too, fall victim to their necessity. I fear my locution is much changed in print than it is online. I do dabble—nay, dip a timid toe—into the slang run rampant on the Internet and in common speech, including but not limited to the conjuction 'y'all.' I do, however, punctuate it in quite a different manner."

[in my best Foxworthy impression]

Huh?eek7.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    Jumpin' crap

[my best Foxworthy impression]

Huh?eek7.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    "soda pop"...

[my best Foxworthy impression]

Huh?eek7.gif
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    Jumpin crap, that them there Aaron character has never heard of soda pop..eek7.gif
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    Jumpin crap, that them there Aaron character has never heard of soda pop..eek7.gif

Hey, I'm here in Georgia. It ain't soda, or pop, or fizzy drink, Pepsi or anything else - it's ALL Coke! Either that or tea, which will be served ice cold with a ton o' sugar - nasty stuff! I can't believe I have to actually ask for "hot tea and milk". And they think I'm odd!

And when you been chased by a herd of bulls in a field full of cow patties, you'll know what I mean by "Jumpin' crap!".
    Emily

• Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    It ain't soda, or pop, or fizzy drink, Pepsi or anything else - it's ALL Coke!

Don't feel alone Emily, when I move to Ohio from the west coast I had the same problem. Growing up (out west) when you asked for a coke you were asked what flavor (and this was in the period before 'New Coke").
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

"The point in life isn't to arrive at our final destination well preserved and in pristine condition, but rather to slide in sideways yelling.....Holy cow, what a ride."
  • Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif:D

You know I was just the other day wondering where you'd been, Alan - WB! wave.gif

Are we going to see any photos from you this round? :D

I might get something done if the muse hits.
    Alan Chambers

www.achambersphoto.com

• Options
    edited June 4, 2009
    Hey, I'm here in Georgia. It ain't soda, or pop, or fizzy drink, Pepsi or anything else - it's ALL Coke! Either that or tea, which will be served ice cold with a ton o' sugar - nasty stuff! I can't believe I have to actually ask for "hot tea and milk". And they think I'm odd!

And when you been chased by a herd of bulls in a field full of cow patties, you'll know what I mean by "Jumpin' crap!".

(rolling):lol4 >> ok, now I get what you mean... you literally mean "jumpin crap" gotta save that one in the banks. too funny...... HA HA..

I am addicted to Sweet Southern Tea on Ice with a Twist of Keylime... YUM.:slosh
    Hold the Fried Okra though.. blahhhhhhhhhhhh.......