Options

Zero replies? C'mon

13»

Comments

• Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited June 9, 2009
    and practice,

if there is one thing that I would attribute improvement to the most, it's taking pictures, and then taking more pictures.
  • Options
    David EvertsenDavid Evertsen Registered Users Posts: 524 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    This is a really soul searching type of thread on this forum. I completely understand JohnG, Rwells and the true pro's POV. I have shot a ton of Dance and HS sports in a very small area of Orlando. I after getting "known" get the same questions about how to do this and that asked for pointers and other sorts of things. I have sold many photos privately and from smug to parents and even been published in a local paper, magazine and even the local HS Yearbook and Paper. I believe that many folks are looking for true C&C and like our own kids their are really nice ways to say this needs some more work. I have endured that for sure and that is why I post here.

Even I have stopped posting after my last night LAX post with barely anything against it. I worked on my cropping post processing and got nothing. I shoot LAX in poor lighting on brown fields and hope for the best. The parents and students I shoot for love my photos but being told your are the good all the time is not what I want. I want to know how I am progressing in what I really like to do.

When I am at a HS sports event, I make sure to let the "Pro's" know that if I am in their way to let me know I will move. If they are looking for a roster I will tell them who has it and not bother them. I always make sure not to bother folks working to make a living. Mine is a hobby but I am still providing a service that noone else is providing for the parents at my local HS. During and after many games I talk to the pro's and laugh about jersey choices, lights and grass in the local area. I actually provide the other shooters some insight and vice versa.

If you still don't think I understand the pain of a Pro?? I have since I was 13 years old worked with computers. That is all I have done from all the progressions TRS-80... PC and windows variations. I am 44 years old so you can do the math. I have folks/friends/relatives that will call me at the drop of a hat knowing what I do about the PC not working/internet not working and not understand why it costs so much or what the big deal is to fix said problem. I don't get a call to go out to dinner/ hang by the pool or goto the beach but I am the GOTO guy to fix their PC. eg... This past weekend I had a friend call me because all of their pictures in a gallery on facebook aren't showing up. Seriously they called and asked how to recover them. They picked up the phone instantly and asked me what was up. I told her look on the top of the page FACEBOOK there was a message. You know what it said... Facebook is fixing issues with its photo database and it is going fine. Your photos are not lost and are not going anywhere. Just let us fix it. My boss at work even tells me to just fix it without understanding the true value of my knowledge..

Everyone wants a quick answer, one button fix and instant gratitication. I have always thought the the forums on Dgrin have provided the cure for that. The tell you what you are doing wrong and how to improve I am proof of that.

Please keep contributing, be honest and if there is something missing in a shot let us know. Zero replies in this community is hard to take..
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    Did someone say Zero replies?

Here's my Zero reply:

559039652_vkVao-L.jpg

OK, sorry. That was in poor taste, but all I could think of was a Mitsubishi Zero.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    tjk60tjk60 Registered Users Posts: 520 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    silversx80 wrote:
    Did someone say Zero replies?

Here's my Zero reply:

559039652_vkVao-L.jpg

OK, sorry. That was in poor taste, but all I could think of was a Mitsubishi Zero.

Hey slow the shutter speed to get some prop blur! rolleyes1.gifrofl

Laughing.gif!
    Tim
    Troy, MI

D700/200, SB800(4), 70-200, 300 2.8 and a few more

www.sportsshooter.com/tjk60
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited June 10, 2009
    tjk60 wrote:
    Hey slow the shutter speed to get some prop blur! rolleyes1.gifrofl

Laughing.gif!