SmugShowBuilder - Quickly generate HTML and URLs for SmugMug Flash Slideshows

2»

Comments

• CynthiaMCynthiaM Registered Users Posts: 364 Major grins
    edited November 9, 2009
    jonstle wrote:
    I have been searching the forums to try and find an answer to this one. I created a slide show using the SmugMug Flash Slide show Builder, great tool by the way.

I am wondering if there is a way to have the slide show start with the fast speed setting instead of the medium setting. Here is a link to the page http://www.sarahgracephoto.com/Nature/Fine-Art/10069048_bQBwK.

I have seen a few places where this is discussed and Have tried a few things on my own but cannot seem to get this to work.

I have mine set to fast, but without any speed buttons. I have added this code to my script:
    setSpeed: 'fast'

It should work, even if you have the speed buttons; try it.
    Here's more parameters:
    http://wiki.smugmug.net/display/SmugMug/Flash+Slideshow
  • andygeogandygeog Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
    edited April 16, 2010
    Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You! Thank You!
  • wellmanwellman Registered Users Posts: 961 Major grins
    edited April 16, 2010
    You're welcome! :D
    edited July 14, 2010
    SmugShowBuilder has been updated to v0.2. Now includes the "new" setSpeed and newWindow parameters.

http://smugshowbuilder.appspot.com/
    edited July 14, 2010
    jonstle wrote: »
    I have been searching the forums to try and find an answer to this one. I created a slide show using the SmugMug Flash Slide show Builder, great tool by the way.

I am wondering if there is a way to have the slide show start with the fast speed setting instead of the medium setting. Here is a link to the page http://www.sarahgracephoto.com/Nature/Fine-Art/10069048_bQBwK.

I have seen a few places where this is discussed and Have tried a few things on my own but cannot seem to get this to work.

See the latest version - should allow you to set your own speed.
  • bentleygbentleyg Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited January 24, 2011
    Love this! Any thoughts on how we can tweak the code to fbml so I can add a slideshow to my facebook fan page?
  • WigProWigPro Registered Users Posts: 43 Big grins
    edited January 28, 2011
    Thank you - when I was working with the Show off feature with SmugMug - the pictures kept getting cut off and they would not show full frame, no matter what size I made the "window" you code does not have that problem and it makes it much better. Thank You very much...

Capt Jim Lucas
    Olympus E-30, E-500 - Oly 9-18 Wide Angle Zoom, 50 Macro, 14-45, 40-150, 50-200 non-SWD, 70-300 and 14-54, Olympus FL-36 TTL Flash, Bower SFD9260 TTL Flash, Bower SFD 328 Flash, Cokin Pro Z Filter System, Adobe CS3 Suite, tripods, cases and a whole bunch of other stuff!!!
    SmugMug Pics - Click Here Personal Website - Click Here
  • meccubmeccub Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited February 4, 2011
    feedURL
    Hi,

Thanks for the great tool.

I am trying to embed my recent galleries using 'feedURL'. I have tried every combination of URL that I can find on SmugMug's wiki and I can't get the slideshow to work.

When I used the "Create a Feed Wizard" from the sharing page on SmugMug I get this URL:

http://bcdschool.smugmug.com/hack/feed.mg?Type=nickname&Data=bcdschool&format=rss200&Size=Small

I've tried modifying it with api.smugmug.com, removing the 'format' parameter, and many other things. Does anyone have any suggestions on what I can try??

Thanks in advance.
  • indiegirlindiegirl Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited February 23, 2011
    bentleyg wrote: »
    Love this! Any thoughts on how we can tweak the code to fbml so I can add a slideshow to my facebook fan page?

I'm wondering this, too
  • m021478m021478 Registered Users Posts: 20 Big grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    Does anyone know if or how I can embed one of these flash slideshows into my facebook fan page using the Static FBML app? I'm a total noob when it comes to coding so if anyone can answer this one for me, please do so gently.

Here is an example of what I'm trying to replicate, but the guy from this example used photoshelter. Here is a tutorial that sparked my interest in doing such a thing in the first place. Finally, here is a site that a bit of Googling turned up that seems to have lots of info on using the Static FBML Facebook app to embed flash slideshows into Facebook fan pages.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated... Thanks!
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited March 8, 2011
    I somehow recall posting this here before, but I think recall reading in the fb developers documentation that an api key is needed to be able to use flash on a page. And then there's the bit of code to put on the page. I'll see if I can't dig this up, but it's been a few weeks since I researched fb.
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • BobLynnBobLynn Registered Users Posts: 8 Beginner grinner
    edited May 1, 2011
    This is a nice tool and gives us the flexibility to use parameters that are not available when we use the supplied sharing link in our galleries. I have tried using the full-screen slideshow URL link and it works perfectly. The slideshow fills my browser window. How do I get it to fill the whole screen on my monitor like it does when I click on the "Slideshow" button in my galleries?
  • SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited July 18, 2011
    When was this updated for the flashvars parameter? headscratch.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • MeleahRMeleahR Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited August 30, 2011
    Hello! This is a great tool. Thank you!

i'm a smugmug novice, so bare with me here: I generated the code, and pasted it in the bio section. It doesn't appear when I save it. Any suggestions? Am I missing something?

Thanks!

Meleah
  • yoshi78yoshi78 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 21, 2012
    A really good builder!
    I like the builder but how can I show the slideshow only at my home page?
  • yoshi78yoshi78 Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited June 24, 2012
    yoshi78 wrote: »
    A really good builder!
    I like the builder but how can I show the slideshow only at my home page?
    wellman wrote: »
    I'm pleased to announce the release of SmugShowBuilder! SmugShowBuilder is another little project of mine which I've decided to make freely available to the SmugMug community. (The other is AlbumFetcher.) It's a simple web app that serves two main functions:

1. Quickly create the HTML for embedded SmugMug Flash Slideshows
    2. Create URLs for full-screen versions of SmugMug Flash Slideshows

SmugShowBuilder is web-based (hosted on Google AppSpot), so it should run on any internet-connected computer. It's completely free to use.

This DGrin thread will be the project's home page. Feedback is extremely appreciated, and if there are bugs and/or other issues (as there always are), please let me know here. This is a hobby, so I can't hope to live up to SmugMug's standard of customer service, but I will try to help you out if you're having an issue with the app.

Enjoy!
    -Greg

SmugShowBuilder: http://smugshowbuilder.appspot.com

Future ideas:
    • Auto-parse gallery URLs
    • Add selection of presets

I really like your slide show builder
    but how can i show the slide show only on my home page?