Ok.. Here They Are.. Last Round.. Need Votes....Please..... :)

2»

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 14, 2009
    oh whiterice.. no problem.. I am not talking about those shadows.. I am talking about the ones on the floor in the very back and the white haze that levels caused on the black of the counter top behind the chairs, if you look at it, and that haze is throughout. and like a dummy when I saved, I flattened my layers and now I cannot backstep.. and I tried levels again, and curves and contrast and I can't get rid of it.. sure I could burn it in behind the chairs, but the haze covers the entire photo..at least I see it on my monitor..

I will come up with something... this seems to always happen to me.. I think I get too many going, too many ideas.. Gosh.. I mean look at Allen.. he picked one idea and only that idea.. how do you do it Allen..?

Anyways,, I am a perfectionist, so the bar stools are not doing it for me with all of the issues.. It is bad enough I spent 2 days on layers and cloning just to get the blowout managed.. I will more than likely go with something completely unrelated knowing me,, but I am seriously re-looking over my microphone now.. That was supposed to be my entry a long time ago.. I just started to doubt it.. that was my first idea and I went with it.. and then abandoned it...

Well good luck on the contest.. I will get one in, I always do.. don't worry..

Kat
    edited June 14, 2009
    Well Chris thanks for dropping by......:D

I know....... these themes lately have been loose... hard to tell where the judges will come from... I acutally shot a lot, with black and white in mind,,,,,,,, THEN...
    it occured to me, it had to be singular or plural.. I forgot..

I agree the mic is best for them.. so I may just end up putting that in there.. I am just looking at the 50 bar stools and thinking to myslef, it looks so cartoonish, ya know "pop art" which is cool on one hand but over processed looking to me.. I wanted to display more actual photo skill, than photoshop skill.. I just can't put it up there on display with my name on it if it has so many flaws..

I have some others I am working on right now.. if they dont pan out then you "will" definitely see the "One Hit Wonder" mic..

Thanks for the support....Kat
    edited June 15, 2009
    Well... Wanted to say thanks to everyone who chimed in and helped..thumb.gif
    I went with my gut on this one, and entered my personal favorite from the series, which was not popular by vote..I could not rescue the bar stools and I tried to rework the storm one, and well I posted it below.. I just ( could not ) get the clouds even and real enough looking for as tired as I was.. photoshop is bad enough let alone when your running on very little sleep.... as far as the microphone,, well asked the husband before I entered it, and he said it is nice and all but he echoed what Ben said, it is just too flat and plain..

Thanks for all of your help; I really do appreciate the time each of you invests..
    And >>WOW>> you guys really brought your game this round...wings.gif and man,,,,,, there where a ton of enteries this time...headscratch.gif

Kat

here is that rework I tried... I just could not get the clouds to look real and pump the light up from pure black at the same time without things looking funny.. I almost go it, but it still looks weird.... I tried layers by bringing in other clouds.. I used gradient and various other methods.. if anyone know any easier way.. would love to learn.. I am just getting used to masking..

Thanks- Kat

564186283_zKctw-L.jpg
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 15, 2009
    I would go with the stools...
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com