Options

First time post - Desaturation issues

2»

Comments

• Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    This eliminates Smugmug as causing the problem. What if you write a file for each layer and visit them with Safari in different tabs. See a difference?
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    SungsterSungster Registered Users Posts: 21 Big grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Test
    rutt wrote:
    This eliminates Smugmug as causing the problem. What if you write a file for each layer and visit them with Safari in different tabs. See a difference?
    OK let me try that. Thanks.
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    Solution! Kind of
    Sungster wrote:
    OK let me try that. Thanks.
    OK I think I resolved this but it doesn't seem right but it worked. Upon export from lightroom instead of sRGB I used Color LCD. Then I uploaded to smugmug and the saturation was perfect when I view it. But everything I read says the color space should be sRGB. Seems wrong but it worked. Will that be a problem upon printing from smugmug. I dunno just trying anything that seems to work even though it might not be technically correct. What to you think?
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Sungster wrote:
    OK I think I resolved this but it doesn't seem right but it worked. Upon export from lightroom instead of sRGB I used Color LCD. Then I uploaded to smugmug and the saturation was perfect when I view it. But everything I read says the color space should be sRGB. Seems wrong but it worked. Will that be a problem upon printing from smugmug. I dunno just trying anything that seems to work even though it might not be technically correct. What to you think?
    That will be a problem for printing on Smugmug and it may be a problem for everyone else who views your images. That fact that it works means that color management on your system is probably messed up and your monitor profile is probably set wrong. Do you calibrate your monitor? Have you ever set the monitor profile on your system.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    edited June 26, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    That will be a problem for printing on Smugmug and it may be a problem for everyone else who views your images. That fact that it works means that color management on your system is probably messed up and your monitor profile is probably set wrong. Do you calibrate your monitor? Have you ever set the monitor profile on your system.
    Maybe not sure. i went into preferences and display and color. Should I calibrate there? What should I calibrate to? gamma 2.2 etc? Dont know much about that. I have some option at the beginning to select Color LCD Adobe RGB, sRGB etc. as well as doing a custom calibration but don;t know the setting I should use. Can you recommend? Thanks.
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited June 26, 2009
    Sungster wrote:
    Maybe not sure. i went into preferences and display and color. Should I calibrate there? What should I calibrate to? gamma 2.2 etc? Dont know much about that. I have some option at the beginning to select Color LCD Adobe RGB, sRGB etc. as well as doing a custom calibration but don;t know the setting I should use. Can you recommend? Thanks.
    I don't know how the Mac settings work. Maybe someone with a Mac can offer some advice.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question