A New Kind Of Challenge - Framing

2»

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    IMPORTANT - I occasionally forget things.rolleyes1.gif So here is a slight modification to the assignment that just may make it slightly easier...

IF you decide to have your model sit, he or she MAY move their feet - but then they must keep their rear fastened to the seat. So if they stand, the feet must stay in the same place; if they sit, the feet, and therefore the legs, may move.

Everyone understand?
    IOW, do not change location/position of either model or photographer. Pose of model can be changed, so can be shooting vantage point as long as no horizontal movement is involved.
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • jethibodjethibod Registered Users Posts: 103 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    I was going to ask about a chair, and whether the model could sit and then stand to change their placement. But then I realized that I could get the same or similar effect asking the model to crouch.

I begged my wonderful hubby to come into the backyard so I could take a stab at the challenge. I'm a bit indebted now! As I'm going through the shots I did take, I keep thinking of other ones I could have done. However, I didn't want to push my luck, as I'm hoping to keep my model around! mwink.gif
    Jen

Live today like you'll wish you would have 10 years in the future. You only get one life; this is it...live it up. -
    Joy Nash
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    IOW, do not change location/position of either model or photographer. Pose of model can be changed, so can be shooting vantage point as long as no horizontal movement is involved.

Once photographer plants his/her feet, they may not be moved.
    If model standing, no moving feet.
    If model seated, rear end must remain planted, but feet may be moved.
    mwink.gif
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed
  • WingsOfLovePhotoWingsOfLovePhoto Registered Users Posts: 797 Major grins
    edited June 24, 2009
    bdcolen wrote:
    Once photographer plants his/her feet, they may not be moved.
    If model standing, no moving feet.
    If model seated, rear end must remain planted, but feet may be moved.
    mwink.gif

can rear twirl around as long as it remains on the same axis? going to try this tomorrow....
    Snady :thumb
    my money well spent :D
    Nikon D4, D3s, D3, D700, Nikkor 24-70, 70-200 2.8 vrII, 50mm 1.4, 85mm 1.4, 105mm macro, sigma fisheye, SB 800's and lots of other goodies!
  • bdcolenbdcolen Registered Users Posts: 3,804 Major grins
    edited June 25, 2009
    Twirl Away, But...
    can rear twirl around as long as it remains on the same axis? going to try this tomorrow....

I want to stress for the final time that this is a FRAMING exercise. It's about seeing, visualizing, under very constrained circumstances. That said, have fun!:D
    bd@bdcolenphoto.com
    "He not busy being born is busy dying." Bob Dylan

"The more ambiguous the photograph is, the better it is..." Leonard Freed