DSS #28 - Any of these ideas worth pursuing?

2»

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 21, 2009
    You amaze me girl.........................:jawdrop:jawdrop: Ya never fail to find the coolest shots...thumb.gif

You know the first was my fav.. I would still put that one in the ye old gallery of work.. You really made it look awesome.

However,,, you are kicking our butts with #2 and #3....
    Superb eye candy iloveyou.gif

#2 is not as strong because it is difficult to get a clean crop of the distractions on the sides without chopping up the flower box..

# 3 is absolutely gorgeous composition..
    It really nails the theme.. A little blow out on the dress,,work with that maybe and see what you can do, although it is really no big deal...

My vote is for #3 out of all of your stuff so far it is a placer in IMHO... I am standing firm on that...thumb.gif, unless #2 can be worked over some..

P.S> I really would love to see #2, cropped up to the "top" of the middle planter and then with the sides cropped off too. You may have to lose that flower on the far right, but what will be left on the sides will be an easy clone job up past that flower and up to that hat... There still may be a hidden gem in there...

For now.. I am gaga over #3.. gorgeous.....clap.gifclapclap.gif

P.S. I like the Space one too, but these "jump off the screen" in my opinion.. You might need to take a vote, however, my vote rests with #3 or #2 edited..
  • whitericewhiterice Registered Users Posts: 555 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    :jawdrop Not one, not two, not even three stellar shots.....how many is this 5? ne_nau.gif
    - Christopher
    My Photos - Powered by SmugMug!
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Oh-hooo,... I really like #2 - New one and #3 - New one

Maybe more #2 - New one - the colors are so, so nice!!! :)

.... and yes cropped a little, maybe like this:...

570722188_EvkoN-M-0.jpg

I like the planets a lot too - very creative image, but these last ones (supposing spheres can be circles)
    are much nicer for me...
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Thanks for looking and commenting, folks! thumb.gif

Looks like I need to give these a rest and not look at them again for a few days. :snorerolleyes1.gif
    edited June 22, 2009
    hmmmm... decisions, decisions...headscratch.gif good luck.. look forward to the final vote thread. Still shouting out for #3.. maybe #2..

Kat
  • MarkRMarkR Registered Users Posts: 2,099 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    I'm likin' #3 of the series myself. Strong composition and out of the world colors. Groovy! thumb.gif
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    #1 - The Redo (this is a composite - I'm afraid I'm not a very good "layer-masker")

get my pick

I am obviously not paying enough attention because I do not see the trouble ne_nau.gif

Love the addition of the dog walker
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    My vote is for your #1 redo...though they are all really good!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
    edited June 23, 2009
    Thanks for looking and commenting! thumb.gif

I'm still :bash trying to decide what to do. rolleyes1.gif
    edited June 23, 2009
    dnie wrote:
    Gee Linda, how are we supposed to pick?
    I have like the building from the first and I like this version. I like the woman and dog walking but I see what you mean about the layers.
    The second one is my other fav, probably because of the colors. I like photos that aren't too soft... except in certain cases. These have great color.

Why don't you wait for the sun to come out, borrow a bike from somebody and shoot it against the same
    wall where the woman with the dog are?

- You can just layer the bike, don't have to change the entire photo...
    Travelways.com
  • KevXmanKevXman Registered Users Posts: 945 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Okay, I'm changing my mind here. I really like the redo of #1. Only thing it could use IMHO, the dog and walker need a shadow under them. Slowly build it up though, so as to not over do it.
    — Kevin
    Enjoy today, tomorrow is not guaranteed.

My Site, My Book
    edited June 23, 2009
    KevXman wrote:
    Okay, I'm changing my mind here. I really like the redo of #1. Only thing it could use IMHO, the dog and walker need a shadow under them. Slowly build it up though, so as to not over do it.
    — Kevin

.... and maybe rotate a little the image with the lady to the left, in order to make the dog walk on the sidewalk.
    To me he looks a little floating...
    Travelways.com
    edited June 23, 2009
    You guys are killing me
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

I'd love to shoot that building in sunlight. However, it's located in an alley so it doesn't get much sun at all. ne_nau.gif I was facing almost due west when I took that shot late Sunday afternoon and had to switch lenses because with one of them I was getting sun flare. But even with flat lighting there is some shadow and I think that you, Kevin, hit the nail on the head when you suggested adding a shadow. I don't know if my PS skills are up to up par for that but I will give it a try.

Tatiana, the only way I'm going to be able to get a bicycle in there is if there actually is one physically present. lol3.gif Heck, just layering in the dog leash drove me crazy. Bicycle spokes are another matter. :eek1

With a tripod I can just shoot myself (rolleyes1.gif) -- ok, take a picture of myself standing by that window but this alley leads to a popular local restaurant and I don't want to risk my camera and tripod having an unfortunate encounter with a car.

Good thing is that I still have some time before I need to upload a photo, though.

I'm surprised at the number of you who've commented that this alley shot was your favorite. I'm not sure it's as strong on theme as the others but you all are figuring the squares out, so I must have done something right. :D
    edited June 23, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifroflrolleyes1.gif

I'd love to shoot that building in sunlight. However, it's located in an alley so it doesn't get much sun at all. ne_nau.gif I was facing almost due west when I took that shot late Sunday afternoon and had to switch lenses because with one of them I was getting sun flare.

rolleyes1.gif

I actually thought you were complaining about raining and not being able to go and re-shoot.

- I didn't mean to take the building with the sun - it's nice the way it is :)

richtersl wrote:
    Tatiana, the only way I'm going to be able to get a bicycle in there is if there actually is one physically present. lol3.gif Heck, just layering in the dog leash drove me crazy. Bicycle spokes are another matter. :eek1

Well, yes, this is what I meant... borrow a bike from someone, or ask somebody in the street who
    has a bike, to help you taking a shot for a contest :D

- then, put the bike against the wall at about where you placed the lady into your current picture,
    and take a shot if it.

- Later, home, crop a square containing the bike from the new picture and paste it into your
    current picture (replacing the lady with the dog) rolleyes1.gif

** It will not be difficult, since the background will be the same....
    richtersl wrote:
    I'm surprised at the number of you who've commented that this alley shot was your favorite. I'm not sure it's as strong on theme as the others but you all are figuring the squares out, so I must have done something right. :D

From the images you posted here, that one responds most to the theme... :D
    Travelways.com
    edited June 23, 2009
    photo-bug wrote:
    rolleyes1.gif

I actually thought you were complaining about raining and not being able to go and re-shoot.

- I didn't mean to take the building with the sun - it's nice the way it is :)

Well, yes, this is what I meant... borrow a bike from someone, or ask somebody in the street who
    has a bike, to help you taking a shot for a contest :D

- then, put the bike against the wall at about where you placed the lady into your current picture,
    and take a shot if it.

- Later, home, crop a square containing the bike from the new picture and paste it into your
    current picture (replacing the lady with the dog) rolleyes1.gif

** It will not be difficult, since the background will be the same....

From the images you posted here, that one responds most to the theme... :D

Oh, I definitely have been complaining about not being able to get out and shoot because of the weather. It's been rainy and cloudy over the past week or so but the sun did come out for a while on Sunday and I did get out to take a few pictures. :D
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    On the new ones, I like all the content in #2 and the isolation of #3 if you could get something in the middle that would be my winner
    edited June 23, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Thanks for looking and commenting! thumb.gif

I'm still :bash trying to decide what to do. rolleyes1.gif

Every time I come back here the images take on a different tone for me.. Would love it if ya would start a new thread with your finalists, so we can see them all together... Have you decided to narrow it down out of these? or will ya be re-shooting?,, you have some strong contenders...thumb.gif

Kat