FINAL E-D-I-T-S >>> Need Votes

Comments

• KatmitchellKatmitchell Banned Posts: 1,548 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    Thanks Markrolleyes1.gif... Does that mean Color gets your vote? headscratch.gif

Kat
  • ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    sherstone wrote:
    I tend to like the Shallow DOF color second version too.
    I am interested in seeing it with more DOF, not sure if it will hurt it tho.

What he saiddeal.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
    edited June 22, 2009
    Hi Karin,

Thank you for stopping by... Does this mean you don't like the deep DOF choices?

Man you guys are being cryptic tonight..:D:D:D

P.S. On the original one that Sean is talking about,, I cannot give it more DOF, It is shot that way... now I can take away DOF with bokeh software, but I cannot add it..thumb.gif

Kat
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited June 22, 2009
    VERY VERY nice!

The new Deep DOF is marvelous!
    My only suggestion is to add a smidgen more space on to the right side so the far right bullet has some breathing room.:D
    edited June 22, 2009
    Thanks Sean..

Color or Black and White?

Also, I had wondered to myself about the space over there... That is how it is shot... so... I think I can still pull out some room with replication and give it some more space.. I will try... I saw a method to do that once but it was with a solid back, I am not sure it will work for texture.. any method ideas on that I am all ears.. I am working with CS3..

Thanks
    Kat
    edited June 23, 2009
    Thanks Sean..

Color or Black and White?

Kat

Sorry - I forgot to mention color...

in regards to adding space. just add a bit using the "canvas size" menu item under image , while using the background color as the fill then some careful cloning of the foreground texture should do it... It wont be easy but I'm confident you can pull it off.

EDIT -- this tut I made years ago might help too
    http://sherstone.smugmug.com/gallery/3250002_3BPVb
    edited June 23, 2009
    Hi Karin,

Thank you for stopping by... Does this mean you don't like the deep DOF choices?

Man you guys are being cryptic tonight..:D:D:D

P.S. On the original one that Sean is talking about,, I cannot give it more DOF, It is shot that way... now I can take away DOF with bokeh software, but I cannot add it..thumb.gif

I didn't see those before I had posted my comment....they are awesome! both of them, if I had to chose, I'd probably go with the color version, but it's really a toss up between them both. You did a really nice job on these!
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
    edited June 23, 2009
    ohhh.. ok.,, I thought you had seen them already....11doh.gif.. sorry for the confusion.. lol..

Thanks Karin...thumb.gif
    edited June 23, 2009
    sherstone wrote:
    Sorry - I forgot to mention color...

in regards to adding space. just add a bit using the "canvas size" menu item under image , while using the background color as the fill then some careful cloning of the foreground texture should do it... It wont be easy but I'm confident you can pull it off.

EDIT -- this tut I made years ago might help too
    http://sherstone.smugmug.com/gallery/3250002_3BPVb

============

Ok,, a vote for color then.. thanks..

and a BIG thank you for the tutorial.... perfect.. I will get right on it..

Thanks for the CC.thumb.gif

Kat
  • dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I like the new ones, but I liked the first one... color BTW.
    edited June 23, 2009
    huh? You got me "Confucius" Donna.rolleyes1.gif

which one?
    edited June 23, 2009
    ok... I like the new shots that you took. I also liked the first set of pictures though. My fav is the reshot color... the new one with the large DOF
    edited June 23, 2009
    ohh ok.. thank you... Miss Donna... Now I see what you are saying..rolleyes1.gif

Thank you.. I am uploading the one with Sean's suggested fix right now...

Kat
    edited June 23, 2009
    Ok Sean.. Here is the fix What do you think?
    More breathing room for the bullet.. I just noticed a small softness to that one spot on the texture on the ground, I will fix that with the patch tool and roughen it up so it blends better... Did I make "too" much room?

Any other fixes needed? I am all ears.. and thank you for the help.. I appreciate it..

Kat

571571274_KYiXa-XL.jpg
  • DsrtVWDsrtVW Registered Users Posts: 1,991 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    There ya go all the metal grain in alignment. It will shoot more accurately now:lynnsite
    Cool capture
    Chris K. NANPA Member
    http://kadvantage.smugmug.com/
    edited June 23, 2009
    More breathing room for the bullet.. I just noticed a small softness to that one spot on the texture on the ground, I will fix that with the patch tool and roughen it up so it blends better... Did I make "too" much room?

Any other fixes needed? I am all ears.. and thank you for the help.. I appreciate it..

Kat

571571274_KYiXa-XL.jpg

very nice!!!
    edited June 23, 2009
    Are you sure Donna?

Cause I mean, I got some Hay Wheels, but need to post them incognito.. he, he, he, he...... :hide:lol4 :lol4 :lol4

571482929_AH7tq-L.jpg

Ok,,............... I fess up.. I could not help it.. I mean I deliberately avoided the hay wheels this time, and then this guy in a big truck brought them right to my camera for me.. ha ha.. just joking of course.. going with the gun.
  • FioriFotoFioriFoto Registered Users Posts: 37 Big grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    wow, fantastic, the gun and bullets are amazing, beautiful shots
    edited June 23, 2009
    FioriFoto wrote:
    wow, fantastic, the gun and bullets are amazing, beautiful shots

Thank you for the comments and compliments both.. I appreciate you taking the time to drop by...:D

Kat
    edited June 23, 2009
    Finally Entered Into The Gallery
    Ok ... I finally finished up the polished entry.. Because I received so many comments with people liking the original color process, I tried to come as close as I could by boosting the golds and reducing the reds.. This is as close as I can get..I hope you like it.. rolleyes1.gif

I entered it into the gallery.. and I can't believe I am not burning the midnight oil at the last minute this time.....eek7.gifhuheek7.gif

Still, there is time, and if I missed something or you see any edits, please let me know..

Thank you all very much >> for all of your help, you guys helped me bring my original idea a long way from where I started,, thanks for pushing me to do better....thumb.gif

Here it is:

571732480_aoHMp-XL.jpg
  • Velvet-ArtVelvet-Art Registered Users Posts: 292 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I think that is the "one" thumb.gifthumbthumb.gifthumb

Top job.

Tim
    edited June 23, 2009
    Awesome Katclap.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Karin

• richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    Very nice, Kat! clap.gif That, indeed, is the one to go with.
    edited June 23, 2009
    :lol
    The hay wheels are great... and I mean really, the guy did just pull right up there huh? You didn't go looking for it, it looked for you.
  • Roaddog 52Roaddog 52 Registered Users Posts: 309 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    I like it. This final version has great composition, color and a perfect DOF. IMHO, a definite for the voting round.

Phil
    I don't know where I'm goin, but I'm goin anyway.
  • bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif

Perfect Kat! If not a winner, definitely a finalist! Don't change a thing.thumb.gif

It's nice to "have a week off" isn't it?

Knew you'd come through. The off-set light on the left side makes it! Well done! I can definitely see this as a pistol ad as well.

Brian
  • NikonsandVstromsNikonsandVstroms Registered Users Posts: 990 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
  • travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited June 23, 2009
    The hay bales are fantastic!!!

However on the last bullets version you really did a very good job. clap.gif
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
    edited June 23, 2009
    Thank you............................

bowdown.gifTim, bowdown.gifKarin, bowdown.gifLinda, bowdown.gifDonna, bowdown.gifPhil, bowdown.gifBrian, bowdown.gifNikon,bowdown.gifTatiana....bowdown.gifChris, bowdown.gifAaron, bowdown.gifMark, bowdown.gifWhiterice, bowdown.gifCamel, andbowdown.gif Florifoto... and from the "other thread",,, bowdown.gifAllen, bowdown.gifJag,bowdown.gif Airthom, and bowdown.gifJeff... for your help, support and comments and especially the nit pickers who pushed me to do better.....thumb.gif

Sean thanks for helping out last night with opening up the composition and offering your own tutorial, and for having faith I could actually pull that off, great learning experience....thumb.gifthumbthumb.gif

Allen, thanks for taking the time to help with such a lengthy explanation of the HDR..

You "All" are such team players and awesome support.. I appreciate the kind comments.... and I am jumping up and down that everyone liked it....

I'M Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... Yeah.. with a week to spare..
    wings.gifbarbwings.gifbarbwings.gifbarbwings.gifbarbwings.gifbarb

Just wonderful... Now I have all the time I need to go around and lurk on your threads and bug you..:D:D:D... no getting rid of me now..mwink.gif

Seriously guys and gals.. thanks.. and best of luck in the contest,thumb.gif
    They sure are addictive.....mwink.gif
    edited June 23, 2009
    Thank you............................
    I'M Freeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee... Yeah.. with a week to spare..
    wings.gifbarbwings.gifbarbwings.gifbarbwings.gifbarbwings.gifbarb

[snip]

They sure are addictive.....mwink.gif

feels good doesn't it! I think you are very justified in feeling free as your image is AWESOME!

yes addictive is an understatement.

GL Kat!