Fast Women and a beautiful car

2»

Comments

• NikolaiNikolai Registered Users Posts: 19,035 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Thank you very much Sam & Steve. Pay no attention to the trolls....there's at least one on every forum...and of course, they never display their work.
    Yeah... I really enjoy it when some total stranger tells me my pictures are sharp enough, but I need to learn the rule of thirds mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif
    "May the f/stop be with you!"
  • NeilLNeilL Registered Users Posts: 4,201 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    BTW... #6 thumb.gif
    "Snow. Ice. Slow!" "Half-winter. Half-moon. Half-asleep!"

http://www.behance.net/brosepix
  • Cygnus StudiosCygnus Studios Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    Nikolai wrote:
    Yeah... I really enjoy it when some total stranger tells me my pictures are sharp enough, but I need to learn the rule of thirds mwink.gifrolleyes1.gif

Nikolai and Swartzy,

The only thing that you two need to learn is not to show us all up with those beautiful models and locations. Both of you inspire me to look at people shots in a different perspective.
    Steve

Website
  • tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    hehe=) hello angry but really polite people of digital grin.
    take it easy! iloveyou.gif im no troll.

on request i promise some day soon i will post up some of my "work" and i will be happy
    if you guys would take the time to tear up my shots one by one and really let me have it=)
    there always a tint of truth even in comments ment to hurt,
    and i do belive that you learn more from a honest opinion than just a load of asspat.

i only comment on work if i feel it, if theres something there that gets me,
    if i see potential or greatness, i only offer a honest opinion and it should
    be taken seriousely even if you dont know me or havent seen my shots.

swartzy, i mean what i end my reply with:
    "keep on working,and some day you wil be best."

peace and love, hearts and beer to you all!
  • thoththoth Registered Users Posts: 1,085 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    hehe=) hello angry but really polite people of digital grin.
    take it easy! iloveyou.gif im no troll.

on request i promise some day soon i will post up some of my "work" and i will be happy
    if you guys would take the time to tear up my shots one by one and really let me have it=)
    there always a tint of truth even in comments ment to hurt,
    and i do belive that you learn more from a honest opinion than just a load of asspat.

i only comment on work if i feel it, if theres something there that gets me,
    if i see potential or greatness, i only offer a honest opinion and it should
    be taken seriousely even if you dont know me or havent seen my shots.

swartzy, i mean what i end my reply with:
    "keep on working,and some day you wil be best."

peace and love, hearts and beer to you all!

I only comment on grammer when I feel it... stabbing me in the chest. I hope you shoot better than you punctuate.

Great shots, Swartzy! I'm going to have to agree that #6 is stellar.
    Travis
  • tortillatorturetortillatorture Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited June 27, 2009
    thoth wrote:
    I only comment on grammer when I feel it... stabbing me in the chest. I hope you shoot better than you punctuate.

thumb.gif
    yeah me no english, you better grammer than me, you be very good man.
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    DeuceFour wrote:
    Put me down for #1 and #6 WOW!!!!! All are amazing though! Man sounds like an awesome opportunity and a great time!!! Good stuff, I hope they throw some of them up on the walls for ya! That would be sweet! Heck I think Goodyear might be giving you a call about that first one ;)thumb.gif

Thanks Brandon. It was a very fun day. The time went quickly and would have easily stayed longer had we had the opportunity mwink.gif
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
    edited June 28, 2009
    Nikolai and Swartzy,

The only thing that you two need to learn is not to show us all up with those beautiful models and locations. Both of you inspire me to look at people shots in a different perspective.

Thanks Steve. That is one of the positive things about participating on a forum....."Inspiration". If we've accomplished just that aspect alone for one another, then the medium has served it's purpose......but as we all realize, there is much more than that gained.

People photography is always fresh. The styles are limitless. These particular photos are only one type of style of course but variety is the spice of life, so shoot everything from grunge to high fashion. Oftentimes you can mix them together for some interesting looks....such as "Fashglam". Here's one more I spent some time on....thanks again Steve!

575782595_bJiKJ-XL.jpg
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • Antonio CorreiaAntonio Correia Registered Users Posts: 6,241 Major grins
    edited June 28, 2009
    Swartzy, great work. thumb.gifthumb.gif

bowdown.gif for posting. I wish I could do something near this kind of work. Near.mwink.gif

Equipment helps but you have to know what you are doing with it...

thumb.gif:D
    All the best ! ... António Correia - Facebook
    edited June 28, 2009
    Swartzy, great work. thumb.gifthumb.gif

bowdown.gif for posting. I wish I could do something near this kind of work. Near.mwink.gif

Equipment helps but you have to know what you are doing with it...

Thank you Antonio! Yep, practice makes perfect :D
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Dave, we're stepping out of the comfort zone I see. Yummy shots. Yummy. Magazine quality hands down.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, don't you have a full frame camera? And if so, were these shot with it? How wide did the super critic expect you to go with out distorting the image? lol.

My only minor complaint, is the lightstand being reflected off the vehicle in some shots. In regards to space, I know it's tough to have all of your equipment out of the frame.

I wouldn't be surprised if you got these purchased by a magazine. I would recommend atleast tyring. ;-)
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Numbers 6 and 8 do it for me, but all are really good!
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • HackboneHackbone Registered Users Posts: 4,027 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009
    Very, very nice job. Gotta love a VETTE.
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 29, 2009

....Equipment helps but you have to know what you are doing with it...

Ain't that the T R U T H.

One day, I'll nail it!
    Then it'll be on to another challenge. thumb.gif
    edited June 29, 2009
    Trevlan wrote:
    Dave, we're stepping out of the comfort zone I see. Yummy shots. Yummy. Magazine quality hands down.

Correct me if I'm mistaken, don't you have a full frame camera? And if so, were these shot with it? How wide did the super critic expect you to go with out distorting the image? lol.

My only minor complaint, is the lightstand being reflected off the vehicle in some shots. In regards to space, I know it's tough to have all of your equipment out of the frame.

I wouldn't be surprised if you got these purchased by a magazine. I would recommend atleast tyring. ;-)

Hey Frank. Yes, a full frame camera. Armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. There is one you I may remove the leg of the stand..good eye. Reflective surfaces are a pain at times and as you've noticed...not lots of room to work. Thanks so kindly for the comments and input!
    Swartzy:
    www.daveswartz.com
  • TrevlanTrevlan Registered Users Posts: 649 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    Swartzy wrote:
    Hey Frank. Yes, a full frame camera. Armchair quarterbacks are a dime a dozen. There is one you I may remove the leg of the stand..good eye. Reflective surfaces are a pain at times and as you've noticed...not lots of room to work. Thanks so kindly for the comments and input!

Hahahahahaa! Arm chair QB's. If I dare question someone's blackbelt, I have mine in my bag to show them. I'm still waitng for these mega pictures. Great work brother.
    Frank Martinez
    Nikon Shooter
    It's all about the moment...
  • D'BuggsD'Buggs Registered Users Posts: 958 Major grins
    edited June 30, 2009
    Swartzy; What did ya all set up for making The Magic Happen?