Options

Journals of a wedding photography adventure

13»

Comments

• Options
    While I'm WaitingWhile I'm Waiting Registered Users Posts: 13 Big grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    Wow, totally stunning pics with an amazing story to go with it! I, too, got married on top of a mountain with a bit of snow. Okay, maybe not quite as dramatic...we drove to the base and took a gondola ride to the top! There was a helicopter that landed semi-close so we had to halt the ceremony for a few minutes and also people that we didn't know would come right up to us and take photos but it was still a beautiful ceremony! This was on top of Whistler Mountain, nowhere near the remote beauty of your mountain top! Whistler...beautiful-yes, remote and private-no! Great shots!
  • Options
    MishkaMishka Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited July 5, 2009
    I've been out of town and just saw these--incredible! I can't really add to the praise, but truly breathtaking, as I'm sure the whole adventure was to photograph. Well done!
  • Options
    zoebluezoeblue Registered Users Posts: 54 Big grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Wow! Simply amazing. Thanks for sharing clap.gif !
    "Life is unchartered territory. It reveals its story one moment at a time." (Leo Buscaglia)

www.zoebluephotography.com
  • Options
    Ed911Ed911 Registered Users Posts: 1,306 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Very nice. It's easy to tell that you've had practice shooting in the snow. Your light is very well controlled. Great set.

The backdrops just don't get any better...

Thanks for sharing.
    Remember, no one may want you to take pictures, but they all want to see them.
    Educate yourself like you'll live forever and live like you'll die tomorrow.

Ed
  • Options
    ssimmonsphotossimmonsphoto Registered Users Posts: 424 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    The only thing that I can say is:

I would pay YOU to be able to be your assistant. OMG. You are amazing!bowdown.gif
    Website (hosted by Zenfolio after 6.5 years with SmugMug) | Blog (hosted by Zenfolio) | Tave User
  • Options
    Jeff_MiloJeff_Milo Registered Users Posts: 327 Major grins
    edited July 7, 2009
    Don't know how I missed this post before (to much wine in Napa) These photos and the entire story are AMAZING Heather. I agree with someone earlier who said this is one of the best posts ever!! A once in a lifetime opportunity you simply nailed perfectly. VERY WELL DONE!!! bowdown.gifbowdown.gifclap.gifclap.gif
    Jeff Milo
    MILOStudios

www.milophotostudios.com
  • Options
    coldclimbcoldclimb Registered Users Posts: 1,169 Major grins
    edited July 8, 2009
    Truly incredible, of course! :D Me and my wife agree that there's pretty much no better place for a wedding than the Ruth Gorge (That is where these are taken, right?). Drop me a line next time you need a second shooter Heather! :Drolleyes1.gif
    John Borland
    www.morffed.com
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited July 9, 2009
    Again, thank you to everyone. I really appreciate the super nice comments. iloveyou.gif
  • Options
    NorthernHorseNorthernHorse Registered Users Posts: 145 Major grins
    edited July 12, 2009
    Wow Heather I'm completely amazed...even living here I'm blown away. I think this is one of the best pictures I've seen of a wedding in the snow. Did you have her stand under the plane wing for some of the pictures in the shadows?
    If you ever offer a workshop, I'll gladly drive down for the experience. You definitely have one of the best "eyes" I've ever seen in a wedding photog.
    Lara Poirrier
    Fairbanks, Alaska SMUG Leader
    My Site | Fairbanks SMUG | Facebook | Twitter
  • Options
    heatherfeatherheatherfeather Registered Users Posts: 2,738 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Destiny just called to order the disc of her photos... and I got an update. Thom is still in Iraq, but will be stateside at the end of summer. aaand the two of them finally got their paperwork approved to be stationed at the same base. I am so glad that they will be together! clap.gif Thought you guys would be too.
  • Options
    Gary752Gary752 Registered Users Posts: 934 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2009
    Wow Heather! This is almost a perfect ending to a perfect story and photo shoot! I say almost because he isn't back in her arms yet. I hope you will have a fitting ending to this story by shooting and posting the reunion of this beautiful couple. If you do, please tell both of them my hat is off to them for what they do for our country! I know the sacrifices they have to make, because I spent 3 years in the National Guards, and 3 years in the Army Reserves!

GaryB
    GaryB
    “The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it!” - Ansel Adams
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 30, 2009
    :jawdrop
  • Options
    nightspidynightspidy Registered Users Posts: 177 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2009
    I am lost for words ne_nau.gif Honestly, gorgeous pictures, there were so many of them that I liked and I am sure the bridge & groom will love them too! iloveyou.gif Thank you for sharing :D
    Canon 30D & REB XT (thinking of converting to infrared), Sigma 10-20mm, Tammy 17-50mm 2.8, Canon 24-70mm 2.8, 70-200mm 2.8 IS, Tokina 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 50mm 1.8, Canon 1.4 ext, and Sigma 4.5 fish eye along with a Bogen by Gitzo Tripod, Manfrotto Ball Head, MacBook PRO, several HOYA filters and a 2GB & 8GB San Disk, 160GB Sanho storage device (really cool btw)......wishing for a Canon 100-400mm. :wink
  • Options
    emeraldroseemeraldrose Registered Users Posts: 324 Major grins
    edited November 15, 2009
    wow so inspirational.