DSS #29 - opinions please...

2»

Comments

• dniednie Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,351 Major grins
    edited July 25, 2009
    Hey Donna, have you tried cropping this image along the leaf edge by rotating the crop? you could leave it vertical or rotate horizontal, horizontal is the best... I think it would look much better with that part of the bg removed... just my 2c

Winston
    The right side of the picture has things more distracting than the background that show when I tried that
    edited July 25, 2009
    Hi Donna,wave.gif

I like the frog, nice capture.. It needs a small adjustment in levels to make the frog come out from the leaf and to increase the shadows in the creases of the leaf; it is still running a little flat on tones and this should fix that.

I know you use gimp, but the levels in Gimp are just like PS.

Open up the image and go to the levels adjustment. Take the (middle) slider and bring it to about 1.43 and the farthest left slider to about the 45 range. I think you will like the polish it gives the image and it should help the frog's eye out too giving it some contrast.

I like your song choice and I think it fits well, nice work Donna...thumb.gif

Kat
    sorry, menat to put that on there. It is the original on 1.
    edited July 25, 2009
    Thanks everyone! I'm off to go work the visitor's center at the refuge this morning. I'll check back later.