Options

DSS #30 Unofficial Feedback Thread - Envorinmental Portrait

1235»

Comments

• Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Kat,

I do not accept you leaving due to this. Take a break and I fully expect to see you here on the next round. please?

Your voice here is to valuable.

Tataina, Im moving on, sorry for our differences and I look forward to a new day. sorry I said that I refused to be associated with you, your an artist.. how could I not be?

may I suggest, that nobody try to get the last word or drag this on any longer...
    concentrate on why your here, involve yourself in a postive manner or I believe there will be some kinda of a mode of lockdown coming.... and that would suck.

seriously....
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    marikris wrote:
    Or let's start a new conversation going :D

What did you guys find the hardest about the topic? I didn't enter because, not only do I not know anybody since moving lol, I couldn't figure out how to portray myself as both a photographer and an illustrator. For some reason, I felt like I had to choose, and in the end, I couldn't.

:D hardest?
    [caveman voice]
    shooting people hard.
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Llywellyn wrote:
    - I am the coolest chick on the planet and you should all pay homage in the form of brownies. Copious amounts of brownies.
    - ...uh, ignore that last one. Sorry.

Brownies...? Did somebody say ... BROWNIES???!!!

:D:D:D:D:D

bowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gifbowdown.gif
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    :D hardest?
    [caveman voice]
    shooting people hard.

Laughing.gif way to get to the heart of the matter!
  • Options
    travelwaystravelways Registered Users Posts: 7,854 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    I was really late with my writing I was showing the real link I provided.

I just edited this and deleted my comments.
    Tatiana - Seeing the world through my camera
    TravelwaysPhotos.com ...... Facebook
    VegasGreatAttractions.com
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009

Tataina, Im moving on, sorry for our differences and I look forward to a new day. sorry I said that I refused to be associated with you, your an artist.. how could I not be?

may I suggest, that nobody try to get the last word or drag this on any longer...
    concentrate on why your here, involve yourself in a postive manner or I believe there will be some kinda of a mode of lockdown coming.... and that would suck.

seriously....

Aaron, I'm happy to hear this. Thank you and I'd like to say that "our differences" don't bother me.

I do appreciate you art too (more than mine) and I think you are a let's say... funny guy thumb.gif
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    miskatonic_universitymiskatonic_university Registered Users Posts: 35 Big grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Ladies and Gentlemen, I present...

THE INTERNETS.

Thank you. Thank you.
    :andy :smack :encore

*edit: sorry to hear about your hd crash Llewellyn.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    Well,

INTERNETS - right :) I wish it was just that...

However I haven't insulted this person and her last violent and unfair attack,
    to me is actually intolerable.

I don't know how Dgrin accepts this, but I personally don't.

If all "her" friends know who I am from her point of view, and if they are
    part of DGrin, it's obvious that I don't have a place here.

This is way too much for me.
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    marikrismarikris Registered Users Posts: 930 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Gosh. We were doing so well, let's keep going with positive stuff lol.
  • Options
    LlywellynLlywellyn Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 3,186 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    Okay, that's enough. Everything that can be said has been said on the matter, and the rest is personal. Take the personal to PMs, please. The public has enough here to make their own decisions and move on. It is time to move on.
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    I apologize Kerry, I wasn't trying to stir the pot. I was trying to be humourous. Trying to light up the room mwink.gif .

This is the internet and there are very little, if any, consequences to things that are written on it. We are all anonymous and these forums can't hurt us physically or effect our daily lives. That is, unless you let them.

I used to take forum posts personally, I used to get angry. It is very easy to misconstrue intent because there is no inflection in text.

I'm sorry if I overspiced the stew, here. I'll just collect my cumin and marjoram and work on my next entry. Good luck all. Hopefully, there's no hospitals in this one. I'm not going back!
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    I apologize Kerry, I wasn't trying to stir the pot. I was trying to be humourous. Trying to light up the room mwink.gif .

This is the internet and there are very little, if any, consequences to things that are written on it. We are all anonymous and these forums can't hurt us physically or effect our daily lives. That is, unless you let them.

I used to take forum posts personally, I used to get angry. It is very easy to misconstrue intent because there is no inflection in text.

I'm sorry if I overspiced the stew, here. I'll just collect my cumin and marjoram and work on my next entry. Good luck all. Hopefully, there's no hospitals in this one. I'm not going back!

You didn't "miskatonic" - I did and I'll stop right here.

Your post was very nice and humorous. I personally liked it - sorry to have spoiled it.
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    edited August 14, 2009
    Ok then...

just a little :encore :smack
  • Options
    jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,006 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    How about you all roll this thread into challenge 31
    CLOSED
    Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 14, 2009
    YOWZA......I missed entering my entry....and I missed this debate....Sheesh, I miss all the excitement...Hmmmm, probably better I did, cuz I can be quite outspoken at times.........rolleyes1.gifmwink.gif:Dclap.gif :ivar wings.gif

On another note: CONGRATS to all the finalists, and hello to all those that missed me....Laughing.gifLaughing.gifLaughing.gif .

Peace,
    Donna P.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2009
    hey Donna, wanna give us the run down to your whereabouts? this is a feedback thread, so feedback:D
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2009
    620423036_woMdF-L.jpg

Dust in the wind

(Please don't take it wrong)
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    On another note....
    Just in case anybody was wondering if I would ever get to making my comments in the gallery.... I have just finished commenting on all of the images.

Thanks again for all your great feedback and for just being here to participate in this great community.

EDIT: oh my, 700 posts (not really a milestone but cool)
  • Options
    edited August 15, 2009
    Thank you for your comment Sean :)

The feed-back it's so much important and needed, because after-all each of us
    put a lot of work and energy on our entry, and even more, we put part of our soul into it.

It feels very frustrating seeing that our "baby" doesn't receive at least a little attention...

Congratulations on your 700! clap.gif
    Travelways.com
  • Options
    kds1kds1 Registered Users Posts: 242 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    Thanks, sherstone for your comments on my entry. I gotcha on the crop, and agree completely. It helps to know that someone else was thinking the same thing as I was about the crop! And yeah, it was supposed to look very set up/contrived on purpose.

And thanks everyone who commented on my entry. Great to get feedback and insight. Now that I know how to post/enter challenges, I'm going to try the Open Closed one, too!

I really appreciate the welcomes and insight!

Kara
  • Options
    TentacionTentacion Registered Users Posts: 940 Major grins
    edited August 15, 2009
    hey Donna, wanna give us the run down to your whereabouts? this is a feedback thread, so feedback:D

Hey Aaron, I just got back from Oregon, it was GREATTTTTT. I was glad to see mountains, and trees (lots of them). Just got back from the "Woodstock" thing here in Pompano Beach, "Rained Out", so I went an ate chicken wings....Now it is NAP TIME..:D

I had an entry for Environmental portrait, but things just got so busy on this end that I missed the deadline, "once again"...gonna try and make the next one..eek7.gif

Stay cool, and keep things jumping, always good to have a little excitement around here to keep things involved..Laughing.gifLaughing.gifLaughing.gifLaughing.gif.rolleyes1.gif

I don't like gossip but it sure entertains me...ha ha ha ha ha ha ha.bowdown.gif

Peace, mwink.gif
    Donna P.

PS: Again congrats to the finalists and all those that entered.
    You're only as good as your next photo....
    One day, I started writing, not knowing that I had chained myself for life to a noble but merciless master. When God hands you a gift, he also hands you a whip; and the whip is intended solely for self-flagellation...I'm here alone in my dark madness, all by myself with my deck of cards --- and, of course, the whip God gave me." Truman Capote
  • Options
    Aspecto5Aspecto5 Registered Users Posts: 311 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2009
    Thank u Sean. That was my first time asking a stranger to be a model, and he was a good sport. but i felt the pressure of using up his time and rushed through everything. lol! i'll definitely readjust the aperture in future situations where i need the background out of focus to begin with. :D
    Canon 7D Shooter

Nelson Lehner
    Dreamin' of a resolution!:D