Options

Logged in issue - toolbars not showing up

sisandcamsmomsisandcamsmom Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited September 10, 2011 in SmugMug Support
Its like I am not logged in but i am, so i am not able to delete or change any of the photos to different galleries etc. - what i am trying to is add and delete photos from the slideshow on the homepage., and the tools tab is not there at all!! Help...

Comments

• Options
    LPCLPC Registered Users Posts: 481 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Logged in issue - toolbars not showing up
    If I go to my Home page I always have to click on any navbar button to bring up the admin buttons - 'Add photos', 'Tools' etc. It's always been this way which is fine. I do this to make double sure that my visits are not incluuded in the stats.

However since the update if I click on any navbar button, bring up the admin tools and then go to a category page and then on to a gallery (or my Info page) the admin buttons are missing from that gallery and I have to go back to the homepage and start again to kick start the process.

I have been keeping a very close eye on my stats since the recent update and it is certain that when the tool bar is missing or invisible then the stats are including visits from myself which makes them useless.

Previous to the update all I had to do was click on a navbar button which would bring up the admin tools which would in effect recognise/reset my log in and my visits would not be included in the stats.

I hope this makes sense?!

I think I am seeing similar threads about missing tool bars etc on this forum.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    I can do nothing without a link to your page :D
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    hi guys - both sites are working fine for us - logged in we see the tools.

Let's check to be sure you guys are accepting 3rd party cookies in your browser (since you have custom domain) and that you you are logging in from www.smugmug.com, going to your site, then refreshing to 'set' the logged in cookie for your custom domain.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    hi guys - both sites are working fine for us - logged in we see the tools.

Let's check to be sure you guys are accepting 3rd party cookies in your browser (since you have custom domain) and that you you are logging in from www.smugmug.com, going to your site, then refreshing to 'set' the logged in cookie for your custom domain.

I always go straight to where I am always already logged on.
    I don't have to log on unless I clear my cache (which I have done several times since the update).

However just to test it, I just logged out, cleared my cache, logged back in via Smugmug.com, went from my homepage to a gallery page and the buttons are missing again. I had to go back to Home again before they showed up.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    LPC wrote:
    I always go straight to laurencecounter.com where I am always already logged on.
    I don't have to log on unless I clear my cache (which I have done several times since the update).

However just to test it, I just logged out, cleared my cache, logged back in via Smugmug.com, went from my homepage to a gallery page and the buttons are missing again. I had to go back to Home again before they showed up.
    And if you go to London Wetlands gallery do you not see these?

20090824-xqmb5n3m2ng7fxdck48k65njkx.jpg
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Not unless I go back to the Homepage and try again - when I first go to the gallery I see this -

628756332_ptKLC-XL.jpg

When I revist the Homepage (or any other) and try again then it's fine until I close ie8. When I come back to the internet again I get the same problem.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    LPC wrote:
    Not unless I go back to the Homepage and try again - when I first go to the gallery I see this -

628756332_ptKLC-XL.jpg

When I revist the Homepage (or any other) and try again then it's fine until I close ie8. When I come back to the internet again I get the same problem.
    just refresh at the gallery level, what happens then?

Your IE8 security level is set to-- ?
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Yes, if I Ctrl F5 then the correct buttons appear (but obviously I shouldn't have to do that).

My security level is Medium High as it always has been.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    LPC wrote:
    Yes, if I Ctrl F5 then the correct buttons appear (but obviously I shouldn't have to do that).

Yes, you should have to refresh (once). The login cookie needs to be 'set' for your custom domain.

Are you running any addons in IE? What about extra security software as well?
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Yes, you should have to refresh (once). The login cookie needs to be 'set' for your custom domain.

Are you running any addons in IE? What about extra security software as well?

What, every time I visit my site eek7.gif

I have just visited it again after refreshing last time and the problem still exists.

I am running no other addons and no security/anti virus software.
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    LPC wrote:
    What, every time I visit my site eek7.gif

no, just once is normal.

Something's not right, Sebastian will investigate further.

Have you tried a different browser, like Firefox, to see what's happening there? You're certain your cookies are set for 3rd party cookies in IE?
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    no, just once is normal.

Something's not right, Sebastian will investigate further.

Have you tried a different browser, like Firefox, to see what's happening there? You're certain your cookies are set for 3rd party cookies in IE?

Yes, third party cookies definately enabled in ie8 and FF3.5

Just tried Firefox and I'm afriad the same issue occurs.
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    Did you already clear all your cookies? You might have a stuck domain cookie.

What software do you have running besides your browser? List all programs and also check the tray area next to the clock in your taskbar. Hold your mouse over the icons and tell us what icons you have there.
    You might have some more of security software that you don't know about that is interfering with your browsing.

I just checked your site in IE8 and I get logged in right away after refreshing the page in my browser if I'm on your custom domain.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Did you already clear all your cookies? You might have a stuck domain cookie.

What software do you have running besides your browser? List all programs and also check the tray area next to the clock in your taskbar. Hold your mouse over the icons and tell us what icons you have there.
    You might have some more of security software that you don't know about that is interfering with your browsing.

I just checked your site in IE8 and I get logged in right away after refreshing the page in my browser if I'm on your custom domain.

Sebastian

I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit. I have disabled most of the junk that runs in the background with Vista - there is nothing on my taskbar except the clock.
    In the task manager there are no other applications running apart from this and Outlook Express. I have stopped or disabled many of the unnecesary Services - I did all of that as soon as I bought this computer. The login issues were not showing up at all before the latest NiceNames update. I have NO security software running and Defender is long disabled.

Try going back to my site again after closing and restarting an internet session. Go from my homepage to a gallery page via the category page - are all of the admin buttons showing? Without refreshing?
  • Options
    rainforest1155rainforest1155 Registered Users Posts: 4,566 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2009
    LPC wrote:
    I am running Vista Ultimate 64bit. I have disabled most of the junk that runs in the background with Vista - there is nothing on my taskbar except the clock.
    In the task manager there are no other applications running apart from this and Outlook Express. I have stopped or disabled many of the unnecesary Services - I did all of that as soon as I bought this computer. The login issues were not showing up at all before the latest NiceNames update. I have NO security software running and Defender is long disabled.

Try going back to my site again after closing and restarting an internet session. Go from my homepage to a gallery page via the category page - are all of the admin buttons showing? Without refreshing?
    I see what you mean, but I can't get IE at all to not block our cookie. Not even by disabling cookie handling or lowering the security level to 'accept all cookies'. Neither does adding smugmug.com as a trusted site help. I always get this (double-clicking on the red privacy icon in the toolbar).

We'll look into it.

Sebastian
    Sebastian
    SmugMug Support Hero
  • Options
    edited August 24, 2009
    Thank you Sebastian
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2009
    www.libbieventiquattrophotography.com is my link as well. My buttons are missing as well - and I have done everything that has been emailed to me, and it has been like this since the update.. glad i am not the only one though... Just really upset now i can't work.
    LPC wrote:
    I always go straight to laurencecounter.com where I am always already logged on.

• Options
    edited August 25, 2009
    My page is like this when i am on it as well. I have sent screenshots to the help desk and with everything they send nothing helps.

LPC wrote:

628756332_ptKLC-XL.jpg

• Options
    edited August 25, 2009
    so i just did the ctrl f5 and mine came up... mine is med. high on firefox.
    LPC wrote:

• Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    I'm going to have to bump this thread because I'm still having to refresh my gallery pages every time I visit them and it's starting to really annoy me.

My stats now mean nothing as most hits are probably from me before I remember to Ctrl F5

I was hoping something would have changed after last nights maintenance but - no joy.

sisandcamsmom are you still having this issue too?

I can't tell you how many times I've cleared my browser cache (with CCleaner as well as via Internet tools - and I mean completely emptied the cache and scrubbed it clean!), switched to Firefox, restarted my internet session, logged into and out of Smugmug via Smugmug and via my custom domain - nothing seems to work.

If it's any help - as long as I click on a button on my navbar on the homepage to bring up the admin toolbar first then I can go to my Info page and any of the Category pages and still see my admin navbar, but as soon as I go into any Gallery, I have to refresh first before I can see all of my buttons (and before the statcounter doesn't pick up the vist).
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    LPC wrote:
    I'm going to have to bump this thread because I'm still having to refresh my gallery pages every time I visit them and it's starting to really annoy me.

It's annoying to us, too - trust me. {JT}'s working on it, but it's going to require some more intricate surgery. IE has changed the way it handles some things. More soon, I hope.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    It's annoying to us, too - trust me. {JT}'s working on it, but it's going to require some more intricate surgery. IE has changed the way it handles some things. More soon, I hope.

Thank you Andy. I was worried that it might have been forgotten!

I shall wait for further news ear.gif
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    LPC wrote:
    Laurence,

I modded the urls in your hard-coded navbar. Made them 'relative' not absoulte.

You had them as

http://laurencecounter.smugmug.com/Macro

they just need to be

/Macro
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    Ummm...... well now I can't even get in via my homepage headscratch.gif

If I go in via Smugmug.com then it says I am logged in but if I open a new window and go to my custom domain I am logged out.

If I click on 'Your Photos' via Smugmug then I have my admin buttons again but still not in my Gallery pages.

edit -

OK so if I open my custom domain site in one window - I am not visibly logged in.

If I then open Smugmug.com in another window I am logged in on that screen. If I then click on 'Your Photos' on that screen then my site comes up and I am visibly logged in. Then if I go back to my Custom domain (which is still open in another window) and refresh that screen then my buttons appear again as if by magic.

However if I close all the windows and open my custom domain again - I am not still visibly logged in.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    Laurence, can you try this?

1. go to http://www.smugmug.com/
    2. log in.
    3. go to http://www.laurencecounter.com
    4. refresh

ear.gif
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    Laurence, can you try this?

1. go to http://www.smugmug.com/
    2. log in.
    3. go to http://www.laurencecounter.com
    4. refresh

ear.gif

If I do exactly as above (by clicking on your links) then yes I am logged in once I refresh (but still not on the Gallery pages until I refresh again). If I go straight to laurencecounter as a new session then I am not.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    LPC wrote:
    If I do exactly as above (by clicking on your links) then yes I am logged in once I refresh (but still not on the Gallery pages). If I go straight to laurencecounter as a new session then I am not.
    So, step 5, you click on Macro in your navbar and you're NOT logged in?
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    So, step 5, you click on Macro in your navbar and you're NOT logged in?

If I use your links then I am logged in when I click on the Macro Category page and in the Galleries. If however, I go to Smugmug, click on Your Photos and then on to a Gallery page, I am not logged in until I refresh.

Like I said though going in straight from my domain and I am not visibly logged in anywhere - (and going in straight form my domain is what I would want to do, not via Smugmug).

I'd be interested to know what you changed so that I can't go in through my domain anymore?
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2009
    LPC wrote:
    I'd be interested to know what you changed so that I can't go in through my domain anymore?

you can! Why don't you put the login link back on your footer :D