MC#5 - Make it Stop!

2»

Comments

• ic4uic4u Registered Users Posts: 1,455 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    How do you come up with this stuffrolleyes1.gif
    So coolthumb.gif
    Karin

"Dance like no one is watching. Sing like no one is listening. Love like you've never been hurt and live like it's heaven on Earth." — Mark Twain
  • sherstonesherstone Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,356 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2009
    jeffgroves (Jeff), bf2015 (Brian), The Curious Camel (Gail), ic4u (Karin)
    Thank you!

It means a lot to me.

Gail, I have a really bad habit of not shooting lighting setups or documenting the shoot. I get so immersed into my vision that I always forget.

Here is a diagram of the lighting setup as seen from above:

641746567_LS5HX-O-1.jpg

1. Red 2x gelled flash at 1/2 power.
    2. 10 degree grid strobe at 1/16 power.
    3. Boom stand about 1 foot above the model.
    4. 85w Hot light with dimmer set at 2/3 power.
    5. Stage approx 1.5’ high.
    6. 30 degree grid strobe at 1/32+ power.
    7. Camera on tripod with cable release.
    8. Back wall of studio.

The exposure was approx. 4 seconds @F9 with a manual remote strobe trigger of 2-3 pops per exposure. Also worth noting is the 85w hot light was snooted with black art foam to concentrate the light into a 6' diameter circular spot.

The music I played during the shoot was mostly derived from the "Fight Club" soundtrack it is very raw and full of emotional noise. It worked out perfect to get the model Michael Ward, into character. We were able to pull off about 10 exposures at a time before Michael collapsed from sheer expenditure of mental and physical energy. This was the first time Michael and I had worked together and the chemistry was amazing. This has become one of my favorite studio shoots since I started doing model work. Thank you ever so much Michael!

The initial idea was to represent a tortured soul that is unable to quell the never ending screams, talking and yelling that bombard his every waking minute. The character either has psychic abilities or suffers from many of the common mental illnesses present in our society today. It could also be interpreted as the audible memories of an abusive parent screaming and yelling at you. However the viewer decides to see the image, it was done with the utmost respect and concern for each situation and of course is an artistic statement not a political one.

(Warning the link to Michael's portfolio contains nude images. Please do not view if any of your children are present.)

Thanks again, everyone who commented here and in the gallery
    Sean