Blue Angels

2»

Comments

• DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited September 12, 2009
    DaddyO wrote:
    Neat set Mary Kim. thumb.gif
    The light helped you out tons in your opening picture. Very sweet pic.

They are so very close as seen in image 3. Gads. I can imagine the sound
    of them passing by. The roar of these aircraft still sends chills through me.
    I love that. That alone is half the reason I go to air shows. :D

I'm really liking the high key effect you got going on with the B&W. Very nice
    and another sweet grab ta boot. thumb.gif

I'm happy to hear you liked them.

The light was an issue because of the time of the day for the air show. My "at home" pictues were the best as long as I could keep the power lines out of the shot. In the last photo I had to remove the power lines.

Ha...My 3rd photo of the planes. I shot that one out of fear rolleyes1.gif Thats why it isn't very sharp along with that they move so darn fast. Seems so much faster when they are that close. Had to check to see what my settings were on my lens with this photo. I took that one at 235mm with my 70-300mm lens standing in the middle of my yard.

The roar of the planes -- yep that's the exciting part thumb.gif

Checked my dumpers file and found this photo of the plane flying past my house. It shows how close to the house they sometimes flew. My focal length was set at 85mm for this photo. My house is a single story -- would be really worried if we lived in a two-story house :D

Just looked at the attachement -- sorry about the size. Should of loaded into my smug gallery instead of doing the attachment -- lesson learned :)
  • DaddyODaddyO Registered Users Posts: 4,466 Major grins
    rolleyes1.gifHa ha... Isn't if more normal to duck out of fear? Maybe its just
    that a hard core photographer will take the picture while the rest lay
    prone and cower. :D
    Michael
  • DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    DaddyO wrote:
    rolleyes1.gifHa ha... Isn't if more normal to duck out of fear? Maybe its just
    that a hard core photographer will take the picture while the rest lay
    prone and cower. :D

So true. My hubby has pulled me away from bee's/snakes which I still continue to shoot as he's pulling rolleyes1.gif