• dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    That composition is very cool also Ronthumb.gif
  • hkdigithkdigit Registered Users Posts: 46 Big grins
    Great Series thumb.gif #4 is my fav!
  • kdogkdog Administrators Posts: 11,681 moderator
    Great stuff, Ron. I have a trip coming up this fall with Aaron Nelson to Zion, and I hope I can get some shots in as good as yours. I'm especially digging the first three, and #1 in particular. Love the colors and tiered waterfalls in that one.

Cheers,
    -joel
  • Dave CleeDave Clee Registered Users Posts: 536 Major grins
    There are all great shots !! Awesome job on the series..I passed thru Zion while heading to Bryce and on the way back to Vegas stopped there for 1/2 day. It truly is an amazing place and I think you have captured it well.

I was in Vegas back in May and then headed down to Death Valley for 4 days. DV was an amazing experience as well, but in hindsight I think the trip to Zion would of been better and definitely cooler...lol..

Some of the lighting and wall textures you have capture are great and would def make some amazing large prints..

Cheers

Dave
    Still searching for the light...

http://www.daveclee.com

Nikon D3 and a bunch of nikkor gear
    that has added up over the years :wink
  • thapamdthapamd Registered Users Posts: 1,722 Major grins
    Just breath-taking! I couldn't get a pass to the Subway the last time I was at Zion, but seeing your images really makes me want to visit it! Each shot is totally amazing! clap.gifclap.gifthumb.gif
    Shoot in RAW because memory is cheap but memories are priceless.

Mahesh
    http://www.StarvingPhotographer.com
  • coscorrosacoscorrosa Registered Users Posts: 2,284 Major grins
    dlplumer wrote:
    That composition is very cool also Ronthumb.gif

Should I put it in your shopping cart or do you want to do that yourself? :D

I wanted to go wider and get more foreground but it was completely front lit and the sun was still low so there was a huge shadow in front.
    kdog wrote:
    Great stuff, Ron. I have a trip coming up this fall with Aaron Nelson to Zion, and I hope I can get some shots in as good as yours. I'm especially digging the first three, and #1 in particular. Love the colors and tiered waterfalls in that one.

Cheers,
    -joel

You'll have a blast, just bring trekking poles, it will make your life easier!

And give Aaron a bunch of crap since I won't be there to do it myself.

There's another waterfall just after this one (not quite as cool IMO but still pretty cool) that I didn't get a chance to photograph as I was afraid I'd miss peak light on the Subway. Let me know how far the fall colors are when you get there, I might hit Zion next year during autumn.
    Dave Clee wrote:
    There are all great shots !! Awesome job on the series..I passed thru Zion while heading to Bryce and on the way back to Vegas stopped there for 1/2 day. It truly is an amazing place and I think you have captured it well.

I was in Vegas back in May and then headed down to Death Valley for 4 days. DV was an amazing experience as well, but in hindsight I think the trip to Zion would of been better and definitely cooler...lol..

Some of the lighting and wall textures you have capture are great and would def make some amazing large prints..

Cheers

Dave

Thanks Dave - I actually was planning on going to Death Valley for three days, but the forecast was, and I quote "115 degrees with patchy smoke." That didn't sound too appealing, so instead I did Arches and Canyonlands and spent extra time in Zion, and I'm glad I did. I might hit Death Valley during the winter though, as it was awesome the one day I was there before.

I might try and get some prints of these made, I have a $300 in free SmugMug prints and I haven't spent a penny of it yet...
    thapamd wrote:
    Just breath-taking! I couldn't get a pass to the Subway the last time I was at Zion, but seeing your images really makes me want to visit it! Each shot is totally amazing! clap.gifclap.gifthumb.gif

Thanks Mahesh, the Subway is very very cool, and I know you're in shape enough to tackle it with no problems at all :D
  • SwartzySwartzy Registered Users Posts: 3,293 Major grins
    NO FAIR! These are fabulous....geez......stellar work! You make me miss landscaping sooooooo much. Sweet...love them all. Great colors, comps, moods and overall....."Ooooooh Baby"!
    Swartzy:
    NAPP Member | Canon Shooter
    Weddings/Portraits and anything else that catches my eye.
    www.daveswartz.com
    Model Mayhem site http://www.modelmayhem.com/686552
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2009
    Ron,

These are fantastic images, but #1 is an outstanding image in every way.

You da' man bowdown.gif
    Randy