Beautiful little girl...

2»

Comments

• RhinotheruntRhinotherunt Registered Users Posts: 363 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2009
    eta: one super tiny nit, the hair in the iris of her eye really bugs.
    Yeah, I need to redo this...
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
    Mitchell wrote:
    This is a nicely done smudge painting. I do these frequently. They look wonderful when printed on canvas or textured paper.

People either love them or hate them.ne_nau.gif
    I am beginning to see that! Laughing.gif!
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
    bdcolen wrote:
    Point of clarification - rolleyes1.gif

I assumed the 'painterly' portrait was what Mom wanted, and believe me I understand the need to give the client what the client wants. rolleyes1.gif So my comments have to do with Mom, not you -
    No worries BD!
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
    kdog wrote:
    I like both versions, although my preference is the au-natural version. Is it possible to do the processing somewhere between the two? I might also show the client both versions if possible, you might double your sale. (Stranger things have happened to me along these lines. mwink.gif)

Regards,
    -joel
    Joel, she will be proofing both versions. The "painted" version goes for a good bit more. ;)
    Ryan McGill

My Gear
    Thanks and it know it is a love hate relationship. Not many in betweens...
    divamum wrote:
    My own taste is for the more natural image, but the processed one is a fine rendition within that very specific "oil painting" style that some people like - I'm sure it does look great on canvas ... within that style.

I'm with BD - you took a great picture and processed it according to client request, and made a good job of it, even it it's not the look I want in my own pictures of for my own daughter thumb.gif (I'm with BD - the comments are more to do with mom's artistic taste than your competence at delivering it!!)
    Ryan McGill

My Gear