Options

What Do You Drive? Guess the Make/Model/Color

redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
edited October 15, 2009 in Other Cool Shots
MODs: If it's possible to Sticky this, it'd be nice. :D

I was inspired to start this thread by Randy's shot of his Mini Cooper here. Several of us were surprised to see his 4-wheel ride and I started to wonder what other DGrinners drive. And wondering what the vehicle of choice says about us.

So, I'm starting what I hope will be a fun thread. Hope ya'll join in! Start guessing what I drive and after I've seen a few guesses I will post a pic. If you want us to guess your ride, post that request too. This won't be scientific and I won't really keep track of the numbers--I expect we'll end up with a mix of guesses and shots.

Hope it'll be fun . . .

Sooooooo, guess the make and model and color of what I drive. If you want to put a reason for your guess, that'd be fun to read. Like I told Randy, I think he drives a bright yellow bike and a bright red Mini because he says so much color in the world through his artistic vision. What does your ride say about you?

VROOOOOMMMM!

Lauren
"But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
www.redleashphoto.com

Comments

• Options
    eL eSs VeeeL eSs Vee Registered Users Posts: 1,243 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    Lauren. I'm going to guess that you drive an SUV. Maybe a Chevy Subdevelopment . . . er, Suburban or some such with a grate behind the rearmost seat to keep the dog(s) in check while travelling. Dark gray or blue, with a gray interior, are my guesses. You keep it clean.

What do I drive?
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    OH man, GREAT IDEA!

Lauren you drive an old jeep Wrangler '78(red in color)--beat up, no doors and you drive it all over the place, through mud puddles especially--it's currently splattered with mud from the rains.

Lee: oh my! hmmm--I'll just say the first thing that came to mind (gulp) you drive the truck from the Beverly Hill Billies, complete with the seat for Grandma in the back--I think you're kind of quirky--look at your Avatar--and well I picture you rolling down the main drag in that.

I'd like to participate but the car I drive is currently driven by my husband who wanted this particular car, a Honda Pilot--we share--so guess what I drove before that, since that's the one I picked out and drove.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    Remember: This is all for fun :D

Lauren: I already know what you drive (previously stated in another thread)

Liz: Toyota Camry - It's small enough for NYC (parking) and dependable. One of those strange Toyota colors

Lee: I'd say you drive a Lexus - you enjoy quality ~ Pewter

Tom: Mercedes Benz - You appreciate Old Country Quality ~ Black

Azzaro: 4-Wheel drive truck - This is needed for the rough country you traverse ~ Orange rolleyes1.gif

Andrew: SUV - Probably foreign - A family hauler ~ White

Craig: Lexus SUV - have to haul around that IR camera gear - Pewter

Neil: I don't know what ya'll have over there ~ I'm going with a crocodile ~ natural color

Mary: Toyota sedan or KIA/Hyundai sedan - Very practical ~ Blue

Joel: I already know (again from a different post) but that's what I would have guessed anyway.
    Randy
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2009
    You give me way, way, way too much credit, Tom. Liz, not nearly enough. rolleyes1.gif

But, you've both nailed my personality.
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

"If you've found a magic that does something for you, honey, stick to it. Never change it." - Mae West, to Edith Head.
    "Every guy has to have one weakness - and it might as well be a good one." - Shell Scott: Dance With the Dead by Richard S. Prather
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2009
    All right--some great participation so far!! I want to see more guesses about my ride before I post my answer. Here are my guesses:

Randy - I know yours, since you were the influence for this thread. And I figured you'd remember mine . . . But no fair anybody else searching old threads!

Liz - Your pre-Pilot was a Silver Buick Park Avenue. You just love NYC so the model name fits you well and it's comfy.

Lee - A maroon Mitsubishi Eclipse convertible--perfect for SOCAL weather but not too flashy for the LA cops.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2009
    I like the idea of giving hints, too. I also like the idea of not researching, not even signatures.

Lauren; that's too flashy for me. I'm a very subdued kind of guy. That's me, subdued, quirky quality. :D
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

• Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 3, 2009
    Randy, you nailed my wife's car, Blue Volvo XC90. :D

Azzaro, I'm thinking a Jeep Cherokee (older model).

Liz, I was thinking an Integra.

Lauren, I'm guessing you are a good Texan with an extend-cab for the pooches.
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2009
    OK, Lee - How 'bout a white Ford Taurus? That's pretty subdued....:D

Andrew - Your car might be a black Subaru Outback. You might be on the right track with mine, but you need to give me more details. Remember, make, model, and color! mwink.gif

Azzaro - I'm thinking a dark blue Chevy Blazer, maybe late 90s or early 00s.

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 3, 2009
    Oh everyone is so far off on mine:D . Think predictably sporty.

Andrew didn't get to guess you earlier--2006 Volvo--champagne colored.

Azzaro--Black Chevy Silverado single cab---slightly old.

Randy--I know yours already and you already know what I thought.

EDIT: Andrew I just read your entry and saw that it's your wife's car, sort of----I was kind of close--now I gotta know what you drive.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    This is fun :D

Lauren: I see your driving a White Suburban - 2008

Lee: You said quirky quality so I'm picking the Mazda Miata - newer model.

Liz: I see you driving something funky, but couldn't come up with something funky so I'm thinking you drove a Mustang - early 90's.

Andrew: You have kids so I'm thinking a Mini-van of some sort. Maybe a Dodge Grand Caravan.

Azzaro: Ford F150 -- a nice red.

Randy your close -- I was practial pre-photo days :D
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    Mary - A white Nissan Altima.

Liz - Fiery red Camaro?

I will see if any more guesses on mine come in today, then I'll post a pic tonight since I leave in the AM for Maine. (And no, I am not driving my ride to Maine--I'd love to but I'd never make it in time for Shootout!)

Where's Azzaro? He's getting guesses but he hasn't appeared in this thread!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    Lauren! you are oh so close--you just got the color wrong! I had a '96 White Camaro, stick shift--I miss it. Had to get rid of it when I had my first child, the carseat wouldn't fit properly:(--had to grow up I guess. Bought it when I lived in Texas still--perfect for open road and so fast. Didn't know how to drive a stick shift and barely made it out of the lot, the first tiny hill nearly undid me--but I learned quickly. Drove it up from Texas when I moved to NYC and got lost in Chinatown on my way to Queens, with my camaro filled to the brim with my wordly possessions---Good times.

Before that, I had a fiery red camaro---rolleyes1.gif so yes you pretty much have me pegged Lauren.

I've enjoyed playing this game, can't wait to see what everyone drives.

Edit--Andrew I didn't know what an Integra was, had to look it up.
    Lauren--your initial Buick Park Avenue cracked me up.
    Randy--Toyota Camry--for real? lol--
    Mary Kim--I liked your funky comment--but I would definately not have minded a Mustang--a '67 mustang in green--convertible if possible.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    AzzaroAzzaro Registered Users Posts: 5,643 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Hi Lauren.....I'm here just took me a little time to get a pic. of my ride....

669866679_JvyjA-L.jpg

I couldn't afford 4 wheel drive Randy and the dealer had a bunch of 250 diesels all in white, but I was going to get red..... Mary you were only off a little 250 instead of 150.

Gee Lauren.... AF, JAG wanted to be a jet pilot...... I don't know what you have but it ought to be a silver Corvette with black leather seats.

Randy, I would like to be there with my camera when you pull into a rodeo in that Cooper and get out with that cowboy hat on....:D

Mary.. you kind of come across as on the conservative side....but you are probably running around in and Escalade.

Tom, got to be the top of the line something or maybe a one of a kind Packard from the 1940s you picked up at those shows you go to...rolleyes1.gif

Lee I see you say you are in the middle, you probably have one of those foreign cars. I was leaning towards the Beverly Hillbilly thought...:D
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 4, 2009
    Lauren! you are oh so close--you just got the color wrong! I had a '96 White Camaro, stick shift--I miss it. Had to get rid of it when I had my first child, the carseat wouldn't fit properly:(--had to grow up I guess. Bought it when I lived in Texas still--perfect for open road and so fast. Didn't know how to drive a stick shift and barely made it out of the lot, the first tiny hill nearly undid me--but I learned quickly. Drove it up from Texas when I moved to NYC and got lost in Chinatown on my way to Queens, with my camaro filled to the brim with my wordly possessions---Good times.

Before that, I had a fiery red camaro---rolleyes1.gif so yes you pretty much have me pegged Lauren.

Mary Kim--I liked your funky comment--but I would definately not have minded a Mustang--a '67 mustang in green--convertible if possible.

I FORGOT that you were from Texas... That would have completely changed my guess ~ Texas women are pretty bold :D
    Randy
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009

A Camaro -- dang I should of thought of that one. Totally airheaded that make of vehicle rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    Azzaro wrote:
    Hi Lauren.....I'm here just took me a little time to get a pic. of my ride....

669866679_JvyjA-L.jpg

I couldn't afford 4 wheel drive Randy and the dealer had a bunch of 250 diesels all in white, but I was going to get red..... Mary you were only off a little 250 instead of 150.

Gee Lauren.... Navy, JAG wanted to be a jet pilot...... I don't know what you have but it ought to be a silver Corvette with black leather seats.

Randy, I would like to be there with my camera when you pull into a rodeo in that Cooper and get out with that cowboy hat on....:D

Mary.. you kind of come across as on the conservative side....but you are probably running around in and Escalade.

Tom, got to be the top of the line something or maybe a one of a kind Packard from the 1940s you picked up at those shows you go to...rolleyes1.gif

Lee I see you say you are in the middle, you probably have one of those foreign cars. I was leaning towards the Beverly Hillbilly thought...:D

I was close clap.gif I like how you have your dog with you thumb.gif

Escalade -- oh how I wish, but I didn't listen to my Mom and married the poor guy instead rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    A Camaro -- dang I should of thought of that one. Totally airheaded that make of vehicle rolleyes1.gif

Oh Burn!!!! Still love that car.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    Liz you pretty much nailed it. 2006 Volvo S60/R [much nicer engine than the 2.5T] in a steel grey -- very nice mix of comfort and handling.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 4, 2009
    Azzaro - Glad you could join us! I love your ride--looks like she really flies rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif

I'm headed to re-pack and get some sleep before leaving for Maine and the Acadia Shootout in the morning.

I hope this thread will stay active while I am gone. I will get on line when I can. Some of you had me pegged really well! Here's mine:

670305852_NUqeo-L.jpg

This is a 2-exp HDR merge. I drive a 2004 Chevy Texas Edition Silverado Ext Cab, Sandstone Metallic color. It has only 55K miles b/c I drove it for less than a year before I retired from the AF and went from driving 60 mi per day to 60 per week or less! Plenty of room for the pooches and the camera gear. No trailer hitch or gun rack though! But please note the TCU sticker in the window (my alma mater), the "Texas Supports our Troops" ribbon on the tailgate, and the disabled veteran tags. The yellow triangle was an association symbol for the development in CO where we owned some land, which we've since sold--I didn't take off the sticker b/c it makes it easy to spot my truck in any Texas parking lot where pickups usually outnumber other vehicles at least 2-1!

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 5, 2009
    Lauren never pictured you driving a pickup, but should of figured that one out sooner.....Texas was the give away, but I wasn't thinking Texas :D
  • Options
    sixdaemonbagsixdaemonbag Registered Users Posts: 85 Big grins
    edited October 5, 2009
    Mine's no secret.

Well, one of them might be, but the others I take pictures of all the time.
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    No one's come close to guessing mine, yet. mwink.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

• Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    No one's come close to guessing mine, yet. mwink.gif

I see you as a bike person, but if a car is needed you drive something nice and new or really used.

Maybe a Explorer/Expedition on the new end and on the old end an old Pacer rolleyes1.gif Naw...just kidding. I'm thinking and old Saub.
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Liz you pretty much nailed it. 2006 Volvo S60/R [much nicer engine than the 2.5T] in a steel grey -- very nice mix of comfort and handling.

Andrew I was all wrong on you...I really saw you as a mini-van kind of guy. Sorry about putting you in a van :D
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    I see you as a bike person, but if a car is needed you drive something nice and new or really used.

Maybe a Explorer/Expedition on the new end and on the old end an old Pacer rolleyes1.gif Naw...just kidding. I'm thinking and old Saub.

There's nothing quite like narrowing the field, is there? rolleyes1.gif

I used to ride bikes quite a lot (wanna buy one?), but never motorcycles. Both of my cars are "really used", but only one of them by choice. mwink.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook

• Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    Andrew I was all wrong on you...I really saw you as a mini-van kind of guy. Sorry about putting you in a van :D

:cry :cry :cry

Never like driving the mini-van. I've had an old S-10 Blazer 4x4, Audi A4 Quattro, and my S60/R.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    :cry :cry :cry

Never like driving the mini-van. I've had an old S-10 Blazer 4x4, Audi A4 Quattro, and my S60/R.

I remember the Blazers. Wonder why they stopped making those headscratch.gif

Never had a mini-van. In ND winters it's not the best vehicle to get around with.

My first car was Ol' Blue my Dads hunting car. Needed to take a jug of water with me just to make it across town rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    eL eSs Vee wrote:
    There's nothing quite like narrowing the field, is there? rolleyes1.gif

I used to ride bikes quite a lot (wanna buy one?), but never motorcycles. Both of my cars are "really used", but only one of them by choice. mwink.gif

I tried rolleyes1.gif

Don't need a bike -- mine is a cheapo that has springs on the seat. Helps this old lady's rear-end.

Really used.......old chevy pick-up and maybe an old jeep???
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    Lee: My second try a 1932 Ford Model 18 Deluxe Phaeton V8--black or a Packard--you said really used.

Andrew--I have you pegged:D .
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 6, 2009
    Lee: My second try a 1932 Ford Model 18 Deluxe Phaeton V8--black or a Packard--you said really used.

Andrew--I have you pegged:D .

You just pegged my dream cars, especially the Packard! And you got closer than anyone else to my actual cars. mwink.gif
    Lee

My SmugMug Gallery
    My Facebook