Options

What Do You Drive? Guess the Make/Model/Color

Comments

• Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    Hey Guys and Girls,

I am following this thread with keen interest. I haven't chimed in yet for a simple reason.....I don't have a clue as to what any of you drive. I don't know what's going on, but I can't seem to get my head around this thing. It's a bit embarassing....I mean I should have some inkling of this stuff. Maybe I'll have a huge brain fart and be able to get into the thick of things. I sure hope so.

Love to all,

Tom
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    Hey Guys and Girls,

I am following this thread with keen interest. I haven't chimed in yet for a simple reason.....I don't have a clue as to what any of you drive. I don't know what's going on, but I can't seem to get my head around this thing. It's a bit embarassing....I mean I should have some inkling of this stuff. Maybe I'll have a huge brain fart and be able to get into the thick of things. I sure hope so.

Love to all,

Tom

Hey Tom,

Mary started this thread after I posted a pic of my current car in another thread & stated that I believe there's some truth to the old statement "You can tell a lot about a person by what they drive". Some where surprised at my current vehicle.

So, we are just taking WAG's (wild-a$$-guesses) at what others drive based solely on our perception of that person's personality, needs, etc...

Come on Tom, get WAG'in ~

And, I'm going to win a little virtual "Silver Star" if you drive a Mercedes :D
    Randy
  • Options
    lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    rwells wrote:

Come on Tom, get WAG'in ~

And, I'm going to win a little virtual "Silver Star" if you drive a Mercedes :D

Oh good guess Randy,
    I'm going to say a 328i BMW--convertible--stratus gray.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    DogdotsDogdots Registered Users Posts: 8,795 Major grins
    edited October 6, 2009
    Hey Guys and Girls,

Love to all,

Tom

Ok Tom -- this is going to be fun :D

You drive something really sporty I bet -- Corvette maybe???? Black in color.
  • Options
    redleashredleash Registered Users Posts: 3,840 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    Not that it matters, but it was I who started this thread . . . mwink.gif I thought it would be fun to do some guessing and it surely has been! I've gotten more participants than I hoped for. clap.gifclap.gif

Tom - How about a 2006 Nissan Altima, navy blue?

Lee - 1969 T-bird, black?

Liz - Did we get yours yet?

What'd ya'll think about my truck? I think Mary was surprised but I know Randy wasn't! :D

FYI, I'm writing you from Maine, getting ready to leave my brother's house to head for the Shootout at Acadia. Lovely trees and RAIN . . . not great for my planned drive through the back roads but I'm still hoping for a few photo ops on the way.

Cheers,
    Lauren
    "But ask the animals, and they will teach you." (Job 12:7)

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Not that it matters, but it was I who started this thread .

FYI, I'm writing you from Maine, getting ready to leave my brother's house to head for the Shootout at Acadia. Lovely trees and RAIN . . . not great for my planned drive through the back roads but I'm still hoping for a few photo ops on the way.

Cheers,
    Lauren

Sorry bout that Lauren... I knew that, just put the wrong name down. ne_nau.gif

I hope ya'll have good weather and a great time at Acadia thumb.gif

Can't wait to see the pics.
    Randy
  • Options
    black mambablack mamba Registered Users Posts: 8,322 Major grins
    edited October 7, 2009
    OK. I'm going to cave in and divulge all...or mostly all. I've got two daily drivers. Well, one of them serves dual purposes. One is a new Subaru Turbo Forester. True to form, I've tinkered with it a little: put on custom front end
    body work, massaged the suspension slightly, and tweaked the engine for just a tad more power. Nothing really major...it's a great car. Here it is:

673596168_Yo5Qm-XL.jpg

My other daily driver is also a Subaru....I drive the two of them about equally. This one, however, also serves as a race car. I run it in a series known as SOLO 11. I'm sure you've seen this kind of race.....cars get out and run through cones set up in big parking lots, old airstrips, etc.

This car has had the FULL treatment: lowered and completely revamped suspension, completely modified braking system, total redo on the engine intake and exhaust systems, and a few other little touches. This thing makes PRODIGIOUS power. I look at it like this:

* Custom shifter...............................................$284.00
    * Full cat-back 3" stainless steel exhaust..............$870.00
    * Whompin' on a Vette in the 1/4 mile...................Priceless

Here it is.

673437954_eBaf2-XL.jpg

673437759_Ya9K3-XL.jpg
    I always wanted to lie naked on a bearskin rug in front of a fireplace. Cracker Barrel didn't take kindly to it.
  • Options
    edited October 7, 2009
    Opps -- I didn't even see that Randy gave me kuddos for starting this thread. Don't know how I missed that one headscratch.gif Yes you did surprise me with the truck. Just didn't figure you driving around in a truck. Hope you get lot's of photos in Maine.

Tom -- a Subaru guy. Should of known...a car guy like you might have one of those. I wanted a Baja not to long ago, but the Subaru guy wouldn't let me take it in a ditch to see how it handled off-road rolleyes1.gif So I told him "nope" to buying it. He actually told me I'd need a Jeep if I wanted to do that -- what a salesman. And you "whomped" a vette too clap.gif
  • Options
    edited October 10, 2009
    Lee What Do You Drive?
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2009
    Nice lookin' autos you have, Tom. I didn't know you were a racer--nor did I know a Subaru COULD race! rolleyes1.gif I wonder what you could do to soup up my pickup??

Liz and Lee - I'm out of guesses, so what do ya'll drive?

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Nice lookin' autos you have, Tom. I didn't know you were a racer--nor did I know a Subaru COULD race! rolleyes1.gif I wonder what you could do to soup up my pickup??

Hi Lauren --

Your up early -- go out and catch that sunrise thumb.gif Sitting here the sun just broke the horizon so I must be coming up soon down there :D
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2009
    redleash wrote:

Lauren you guessed me a while ago.
    You said Fiery Red camaro and I said close--it was white, so you pegged me for sure, not to mention that one of my cars prior to that was a fiery red camaro:D .

So I believe that just leaves Mr. Lee.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    I drive A SmugMobile - can anyone guess?
  • Options
    PantherPanther Registered Users Posts: 3,658 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Andy wrote:

Howdy Andy,

I'll guess it's like Randy's!!! A Mini-Cooper???

Speaking of Randy, I'm still looking for My Lexus SUV, everytime I go out into the Garage all I see is my White F150<G>.
    Take care,

Craig

Burleson, Texas
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited October 13, 2009
    Andy wrote:

I didn't know Apple made cars. lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    Howdy Andy,

I'll guess it's like Randy's!!! A Mini-Cooper???

Speaking of Randy, I'm still looking for My Lexus SUV, everytime I go out into the Garage all I see is my White F150<G>.

:lol4

Geez Craig, I did my part in trying to put one in your garage! That Ford is probably sitting on top of it. :D
    Randy
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2009
    Panther wrote:
    A Mini-Cooper???

No, but I had one for a while, then bought this, uh, bigger vehicle.
  • Options
    adbsgicomadbsgicom Registered Users Posts: 3,615 Major grins
    edited October 13, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    No, but I had one for a while, then bought this, uh, bigger vehicle.

2008 H2?
    - Andrew

Who is wise? He who learns from everyone.
    My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 13, 2009
    Andy I'm thinking you may drive a Mercedes M-Class. Black being the color of choice. Am I close?
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Ok, I"ll play: what does an opera-singing, photo-taking, mom drive?

As a clue, I'll tell you it's a stickshift and, at the time I bought my first version of this model (I'm now on my second one), was about the only one on the market that I could get with a manual tranny.

Have at it :D
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    Liz - Sorry, I forgot that I had guessed that Camaro for ya. :D

Andy - How 'bout a white Ford Explorer that you can get dirty with on all your photo shoots?

divamum - Your clue doesn't help me 'cause I'm not a car gal--maybe a red jeep Patriot? ne_nau.gif

Lauren Blackwell
    www.redleashphoto.com
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    redleash wrote:
    Liz - Sorry, I forgot that I had guessed that Camaro for ya. :D

Andy - How 'bout a white Ford Explorer that you can get dirty with on all your photo shoots?

divamum - Your clue doesn't help me 'cause I'm not a car gal--maybe a red jeep Patriot? ne_nau.gif

Well, let's see - I WANTED red, but they couldn't get it for me, so I guess you get part-points on that :D - it's bright blue, fwiw (not my choice at all, but the only one I could get that was 5-speed stick and had ABS - all the others with ABS were 6-cylinder automatics, which I didn't want). Not a Jeep of any kind, although it's not a million miles away in shape, and it is an American-built car....

Another clue: when Dan Plumer, Aaron Newman and Aaron Nelson posted about their trip to Toroweap, one of them drove this model (don't remember whose it was, though!).

And still another clue: my first one was the 2002, which was the first year they made the car; my current one is the 2006, which was the last year it was made to the original design (although it had been tweaked) and with the original materials.

Cryptic enough for ya? lol3.gif
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    Diva: Chevy Blazer, 2002?
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    Diva: Chevy Blazer, 2002?

Nope, although you're sort of in the right ballpark with the manufacturer. (sort of). And the current one we own is the '06 :D
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Nope, although you're sort of in the right ballpark with the manufacturer. (sort of). And the current one we own is the '06 :D

You know, I first typed '06, and then pushed it back.
    - Andrew

My SmugMug Site
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    adbsgicom wrote:
    You know, I first typed '06, and then pushed it back.

Heeeheee.... We only wound up with 06 because the company sent out "buyback" letters, I got a superb trade-in on the old one - which had massive mileage - and traded up to the 06 for exactly the same payment I'd been making on the 02.

Next clue: the company was supposed to be bought out, but recently declared that the deal had fallen through and they would be folding. Sigh. I love my car, and there won't be any more of them ever again now.....

Final clue: low weight = good mileage, and unusual materials = excellent safety record because the entire structure is different than most cars. :D
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    Andy wrote:

red 4x4 wrangler softtop, with crazy man behind the wheel?
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    TangoTango Registered Users Posts: 4,592 Major grins
    edited October 14, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    Heeeheee.... We only wound up with 06 because the company sent out "buyback" letters, I got a superb trade-in on the old one - which had massive mileage - and traded up to the 06 for exactly the same payment I'd been making on the 02.

Next clue: the company was supposed to be bought out, but recently declared that the deal had fallen through and they would be folding. Sigh. I love my car, and there won't be any more of them ever again now.....

Final clue: low weight = good mileage, and unusual materials = excellent safety record because the entire structure is different than most cars. :D

Vue!
    Aaron Nelson
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    red 4x4 wrangler softtop, with crazy man behind the wheel?

Close!

550846047_uQ6QZ-XL.jpg
  • Options
    edited October 14, 2009
    Vue!

Yup! But I think I mentioned that in the Toroweap thread, so you had an unfair advantage. rolleyes1.gif

Looks just like this one:

http://www.weblogsinc.com/common/images/2993445122376534.JPG?0.23749902636417675

Mine was the last year they made them out of plastic before they switched to sheet metal. It gets GREAT mileage for a car of its size (I can coax 30mpg out of it on the hiway) and I'm going to have to keep it healthy despite my high mileage, because I LOVE this car! I just hope I can keep putting new motors in it for many years to come .... only at 78k now so a ways to go before it dies but still.