Options

Big changes to SmugMug's codebase 10/15

124»

Comments

• Options
    beetle8beetle8 Registered Users Posts: 677 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    Baldy wrote:
    Ack, the seriously bad news is it's not live yet. I didn't mean to give the impression that it was.

*me set myself up for major deserved flak.

ETA?
  • Options
    BradfordBennBradfordBenn Registered Users Posts: 2,506 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    So today I had to unexpectedly send pictures to a magazine. I was concerned that SmugMug would be down, nope. In fact I sent this tweet

"#smugmug said they were doing a big invisible change last night, All I know is it was faster today - Internets or Sorcery? Does it matter?"

Now to renegotiate with my company to get photo credits :)
    -=Bradford

Pictures | Website | Blog | Twitter | Contact
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009
    So today I had to unexpectedly send pictures to a magazine. I was concerned that SmugMug would be down, nope. In fact I sent this tweet

"#smugmug said they were doing a big invisible change last night, All I know is it was faster today - Internets or Sorcery? Does it matter?"

woop clap.gif congrats!
  • Options
    edited October 16, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    woop clap.gif congrats!

Thanks
    -=Bradford

• Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited October 16, 2009

Kind of an aside, but it's best to get all that in writing before hand in a commercial license. I can't count how many times I've been published without proper credit. Without a written agreement or a filing with the copyright office, you really can't fight for squat. :cry 2 cents from a guy who would've had 5,000,000 cents if I had it to do over again...:cry
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    edited October 17, 2009
    SamirD wrote:
    Kind of an aside, but it's best to get all that in writing before hand in a commercial license. I can't count how many times I've been published without proper credit. Without a written agreement or a filing with the copyright office, you really can't fight for squat. :cry 2 cents from a guy who would've had 5,000,000 cents if I had it to do over again...:cry

Thanks. I also wrote the article it is accompanying and I am not a pro photographer, just pictures of equipment in a trade mag. But thank you for the info. I more want the credit so I can get my DSLR insured when I take it on company trips.
    -=Bradford

• Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Thanks. I also wrote the article it is accompanying and I am not a pro photographer, just pictures of equipment in a trade mag. But thank you for the info. I more want the credit so I can get my DSLR insured when I take it on company trips.
    If that magazine has a circulation of over 10,000, and they wanted your article and photograph, then that work is pro. Congrats. clap.gif

A seasoned profession once told me this when I asked him if my portfolio looked pro: "The difference between an amateur and a pro is that the pro has consistency in getting the shots. If you can get the shot every time, you are a pro."
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!
  • Options
    joglejogle Registered Users Posts: 422 Major grins
    edited October 18, 2009
    Andy wrote:
    I don't expect us to say to much about specifics, sorry Darryl naughty.gif

I understand the commercial sensitivities, but I really enjoyed some of the tech posts in Don's blog (and some of the the other smugblogs.) It seems like they have dried up with none in the last 6 months.
    jamesOgle photography
    [FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]"The single most important component of a camera is the twelve inches behind it." -A.Adams[/FONT]
  • Options
    sskoutassskoutas Registered Users Posts: 437 Major grins
    edited October 19, 2009
    no news is good news on my end... everything seems to be working fine. Maybe the time of day that I checked it too, but things seem snappier using my custom URL as opposed to sskoutas.smugmug.com

Please feel free to retouch and repost my images. Critique, Suggestions, and Technique tips always welcomed.
  • Options
    Dan7312Dan7312 Registered Users Posts: 1,330 Major grins
    edited October 20, 2009
    OK, come clean... the real reason for doing the infrastructure upgrade was so you could host Nocturne :D
  • Options
    black_fx_35black_fx_35 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Help please - categories disappeared
    I just noticed when I am not logged into my site, and I click on galleries, my categories don't show up - instead it lists all of the galleries that were previously in those 4 categories. When I am logged in, everything appears fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

www.alexanderfamilyphotos.com
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    I just noticed when I am not logged into my site, and I click on galleries, my categories don't show up - instead it lists all of the galleries that were previously in those 4 categories. When I am logged in, everything appears fine. Any suggestions? Thanks.

www.alexanderfamilyphotos.com
    I'm not sure why you posted this in this particular thread, but in the upper right corner of your galleries listing (when logged in) should be a link that lets you display by category or by gallery. If you want it by category, click on that.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question
  • Options
    black_fx_35black_fx_35 Registered Users Posts: 134 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    jfriend wrote:
    I'm not sure why you posted this in this particular thread, but in the upper right corner of your galleries listing (when logged in) should be a link that lets you display by category or by gallery. If you want it by category, click on that.

Thanks for the note. Andy's first post on this thread said:

"Whew. Guys, all our Support Heroes and Sorcerers and everyone is standing by ... if you see something, anything, that seems wrong, broken or weird, let us know right here. Thanks!"

As such, I posted this here. My apologies if it is unrelated, the non logged in view was correct a week ago. Nonetheless, when I am logged in, I do see the option to select category or galleries. Category is already selected. Any other suggestions? Also, is there another thread I should post this in?
  • Options
    jfriendjfriend Registered Users Posts: 8,097 Major grins
    edited October 21, 2009
    Thanks for the note. Andy's first post on this thread said:

"Whew. Guys, all our Support Heroes and Sorcerers and everyone is standing by ... if you see something, anything, that seems wrong, broken or weird, let us know right here. Thanks!"

As such, I posted this here. My apologies if it is unrelated, the non logged in view was correct a week ago. Nonetheless, when I am logged in, I do see the option to select category or galleries. Category is already selected. Any other suggestions? Also, is there another thread I should post this in?
    Normally, you would just start your own thread. It's a new problem, specific to you. The New Thread button will get you going. Since you need someone to see you site while logged in and logged out, us volunteers can't do much for you. You might want to contact the help desk.
    --John
    HomepagePopular
    JFriend's javascript customizationsSecrets for getting fast answers on Dgrin
    Always include a link to your site when posting a question