edited October 25, 2009
    Very nice capture here Randy!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

Member: PPA , PPANE, PPAM & NAPP
  • rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Dogdots wrote:
    My 24-105 is sitting next to me and saw this -- now it wants to be attached to a 5D instead of my 40D :cry

The 5D Classic is a bargain camera body right now, and that body has produced untold multitudes of phenomenal photographs. Yes, I do enjoy the updates/improvements of the 5D2, but the 5D Classic is by no means a "has been" IMHO.
    Randy
    edited October 25, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    Very nice capture here Randy!

Thank you kind sir!
    Randy
  • Dancer72Dancer72 Registered Users Posts: 90 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Thanks for the kind words, but I'm confident you and your rig will have many memorable images together thumb.gif

The 5D & 24-105 are a spectacular combination. While I've completely (until this shot) ignored my 5D Classic after I purchased my 5D2, I'm not completely convinced that the 5D2 produces as nice tonal transition (tonal smoothness) as the original 5D.

BTW; You wouldn't happen to "know" Randy Brogen would you?

Guilty!! He is my better half...or I guess I should say I'm HIS better half! :D You're the 1st to make the connection. He's actually the one who convinced me to join Dgrin (and very glad he did)!
    Caroline Brogen

Member: PPA, PPAM
    Gallery: http://photos.brogen.com/Public-Gallery/Carolines-Gallery
    edited October 25, 2009
    Dancer72 wrote:
    Guilty!! He is my better half...or I guess I should say I'm HIS better half! :D You're the 1st to make the connection. He's actually the one who convinced me to join Dgrin (and very glad he did)!

Well, I for one am glad you joined in. I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

(Don't tell him this, but Randy's a great photographer ~ but, tell him that it's been suggested that he needs some tutoring from you rolleyes1.gif )
    Randy
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Well, I for one am glad you joined in. I'm looking forward to seeing your work.

(Don't tell him this, but Randy's a great photographer ~ but, tell him that it's been suggested that he needs some tutoring from you rolleyes1.gif )

OUUUUUUCCCCHH!!! You cut me DEEP man! lol thanks for the kind words!
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com

edited October 25, 2009
    RBrogen wrote:
    OUUUUUUCCCCHH!!! You cut me DEEP man! lol thanks for the kind words!

Hey, your not supposed to be reading your better-half's post, how can she ever be free as an artist... rolleyes1.gif
    Randy
  • RBrogenRBrogen Registered Users Posts: 1,518 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey, your not supposed to be reading your better-half's post, how can she ever be free as an artist... rolleyes1.gif

Laughing.gif you obviously haven't met my wife :) She carries a big brush for her artistic work that she can use to beat you over the head with if you argue! lol
    Randy Brogen, CPP
    www.brogen.com