Think Pink - Winning, Losing, Everything in between....

2»

Comments

• munmimunmi Registered Users Posts: 28 Big grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Thanks for sharing this series of images and the supporting text. It should serve as yet another reminder that we as a society are far from defeating this disease we call breast cancer. With this awareness, may it make a difference in fighting this disease, one day, one life at a time.

Sincerely,
    Scott
    (husband of a bc survivor)
    Scott

www.smitchellphotography.com
    Munising, Michigan
  • JESTERJESTER Registered Users Posts: 369 Major grins
    edited November 1, 2009
    Wow Jeff, what a story. It brought tears to my eyes also, especially since my Daughter just had Breast Cancer surgery the first of October in Lafayette. I no longer live in Louisiana but this is one reason I will always love the place. They have some OUTSTANDING folks living there. Great story and photos. Maybe you should take up sports sometime!
  • MK ProductionsMK Productions Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited November 3, 2009
    WOW! What a story. My contact came out of my eye because of the tears. This is why I love to take pictures - it captures the moment so we never forget. Great job. thumb.gif
  • jeffreaux2jeffreaux2 Registered Users Posts: 4,762 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
    Update....

This team is still alive in the playoffs....and are competing in the 5A quarter finals this Friday night.
  • cr8ingwavescr8ingwaves Registered Users Posts: 194 Major grins
    edited November 25, 2009
  • dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited November 26, 2009
    What a touching story and great photos for everyone to remember this event by. How often these days do you see the whole community come out to show this kind of support. Very moving.

Great job Jeff. You've captured the meaning and emotion of a wonderful event.
  • l.k.madisonl.k.madison Registered Users Posts: 542 Major grins
    edited December 8, 2009
    jeffreaux2 wrote:
    Update....

This team is still alive in the playoffs....and are competing in the 5A quarter finals this Friday night.

Oh, if only we were still in the playoffs :(.

I live a grand total of two blocks away from said high school and every Friday night between 8:30/9, we can hear the halftime show and there's not a lick of traffic, everybody's at the game!!

Jeff, thanks for those pictures, I tried pulling them up directly off your site but couldn't get them. I too, am a victim of crying while looking at those. My mother-in-law was recently diagnosed with cancer - for the third time, this time it's EVERYWHERE, so much that they don't even know where it started. I'm not sure how much time she has with us left, but we're not thinking about that part just yet.

I wanted to go to the game but something came up and I couldn't, if the pictures made me cry, the game sure would have.

I didn't know about all the flack Coach got for that play, I thought it was a great pass, whether we were beating ZHS that bad or not. (I was there but I don't remember the play). I didn't know about CHS funding the headstone, either. Just goes to show that there are still good people left, and I'm proud to be part of this community.
  • will2010will2010 Registered Users Posts: 1 Beginner grinner
    edited May 26, 2010
    It is really amazing to have such nice supportive people beside you in such bad times.