Options

#36-Creepy "Disturbia"

lizzard_nyclizzard_nyc Registered Users Posts: 4,056 Major grins
edited November 2, 2009 in The Dgrin Challenges
Alternate title "Tell Me You Love Me!!!"
or "Til Death Do Us Part"

Please help select the title from the above three and please pick your favorite shot.

FYI--This has been the funnest shoot for me to date for the challenges.
A huge thank you to my little sis--my muse as of late.

I am totally creeped out by these--My mom saw the photos and loved them and then quickly said a prayer for my sister--YEAY!!!!

690989129_8DkZA-XL.jpg

690958191_di9js-XL.jpg

690956900_rCWCU-XL.jpg

690959341_b7cWw-XL.jpg
Liz A.
_________

Comments

• Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    Good Lord! I'm creeped out by all 4 of them. rolleyes1.gif I say you've most certainly met the theme. eek7.gif

#1 has a bit of a Courtney-Love-out-on-the-town look to it...you know where she's had a little too much of a "good time" and has her makeup smeared all over her face.

As far as the creepiest of the 4 go, for me it's a toss-up between #2 and #3. In #2 she's just evil and sinister. In #3 you're not sure what to think, which is creepy in and of itself.

For captions: #2 - "Til Death Do Us Part"; for #3 - "Tell Me You Love Me".

Excellent shots! clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2009
    richtersl wrote:
    Good Lord! I'm creeped out by all 4 of them. rolleyes1.gif I say you've most certainly met the theme. eek7.gif

#1 has a bit of a Courtney-Love-out-on-the-town look to it...you know where she's had a little too much of a "good time" and has her makeup smeared all over her face.

As far as the creepiest of the 4 go, for me it's a toss-up between #2 and #3. In #2 she's just evil and sinister. In #3 you're not sure what to think, which is creepy in and of itself.

For captions: #2 - "Til Death Do Us Part"; for #3 - "Tell Me You Love Me".

Excellent shots! clap.gifclapclap.gifclapclap.gif

Thank you Linda!:D
    Honestly this is the most content and satisfied I've been after a shoot for any of the challenges, so I love that you find them disturbing as well.

I actually prefer number 1, but the knife didn't come out in the frame:(--and you are right in that it's a little Courtney Love--but it just freaks me out so much.

My sister has requested that these pictures are never shown to any significant other at anytime, lol. She does look crazy...I told her she should make it her FB avatar.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    Liz, I like #1. The beginning of a very creepy photo. The knife might help.
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2009
    dlscott56 wrote:
    Liz, I like #1. The beginning of a very creepy photo. The knife might help.

I agree--here is the original---what do you think of just as is?

This shows some of the knife, but I'm not sure if it works as much as the film strip version.
    690959908_kqkCh-XL.jpg

Here is one with the knife--but not so sure about this one.

6.690958766_CzJmX-XL.jpg
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    dlplumerdlplumer Registered Users Posts: 8,081 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2009
    dlplumer wrote:
    Very cool shots NYclap.gif

Thank you Dan!!!:D
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    AndManAndMan Registered Users Posts: 1,252 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2009
    Liz, I don't find #1 or #5 disturbing as they are (which should probably bother me), of this set I'd say #2 is the most creepy. It has that "don't you love me anymore?" look.
    Peter

www.andmanphotography.com

Facebook Fan Page

"Landscape photography is the supreme test of the photographer - and often the supreme disappointment." Ansel Adams
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2009
    AndMan wrote:
    Liz, I don't find #1 or #5 disturbing as they are (which should probably bother me).

Now THAT's disturbingrolleyes1.gif .

About the "don't you love me anymore?" that's the quality I wanted--that whole "Fatal Attraction" needy, crazy, clingy, LOVE ME!!!! look, lol.

Still can't decide for sure which one to go with---2 is def in the running though.

Decisions, decisions...I'm glad I have so many to choose from this time around.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    JC3dJC3d Registered Users Posts: 60 Big grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    I like them all, but #2 scares the hell out of me! Yes, quite disturbing and creepy!

#3 Almost looks like she took off part of her own pinky. I say that is creepy.

I think my vote is for #2, but then I realize I don't often agree with the crowd. I don't know which title I like better - they both work.

John
  • Options
    bf2015bf2015 Registered Users Posts: 523 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    I'd have to say #1 is creepy! First thought that came to mind was "The Blair Witch Project"! Good job!
  • Options
    dlscott56dlscott56 Registered Users Posts: 1,324 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    Looked at them again and so far I think I like the original #1 and #3 the best.
  • Options
    michswissmichswiss Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,235 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    #6 has that totally manic, insane "I can free you! Let me set you free!". Definitely creepy.
  • Options
    edited October 25, 2009
    michswiss wrote:
    #6 has that totally manic, insane "I can free you! Let me set you free!". Definitely creepy.

Thank you John, Brian, Dave and Michswiss for adding to the thread.
    Funny how everyone has a different favorite for "creepy" and what they find most disturbing. So far I think it's a toss up between #1, 2 and maybe 3--One and two in the lead.
    The problem with #1 is the original version shows the knife but I think the hand is too blown out and I'm afraid that might be a huge nit with the judges--the cinema version doesn't show that portion of the hand which is blown out but it also doesn't show the knifene_nau.gif . I am leaning towards the cinema version one as it looks like a still from a horror flick, but I have a week in which to change my mind another 100 times.

Thank you all for the encouragement--
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    WhatSheSawWhatSheSaw Registered Users Posts: 2,221 Major grins
    edited October 25, 2009
    I find the almost sweet smile in #3 more disturbing than the more manic ones in #2 and #6.
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    WhatSheSaw wrote:
    I find the almost sweet smile in #3 more disturbing than the more manic ones in #2 and #6.

hey there,
    I'm starting to agree with you--plus I just noticed the "glint" on the knife (I think it's the flash) but it works!
    Plus as John (JC3d) already pointed out, her pinky looks like it's missing, what a nice bonus! lol.

So it's #2 or #3--those so far seem to be the favorites.
    Although #1 scares me more, that knife missing in the PP version and the blown out highlights in the original kind of kill the image--no reshoot possible.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    divamumdivamum Registered Users Posts: 9,021 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    I thought I had responded to this when you first posted, but clearly not... ne_nau.gif

I really like #2, with 3 next in line. The others are too camp for me and without some degree of "reality" under the grimace, it's not as scary. #2 is seriously Fatal Attraction stuff, and nails it!!

My goodness Kerry has brought out the macabre in all of us..... rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    Hey Liz,

For me, far and away #2 is a clear winner here. The other shots IMHO look like someone is trying to make creepy shots.

Number 2 IS A CREEPY SHOT!

Excellent image...
    Randy
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    divamum wrote:
    I thought I had responded to this when you first posted, but clearly not... ne_nau.gif

I really like #2, with 3 next in line. The others are too camp for me and without some degree of "reality" under the grimace, it's not as scary. #2 is seriously Fatal Attraction stuff, and nails it!!

My goodness Kerry has brought out the macabre in all of us..... rolleyes1.gif

Thank you Divamum,
    I'm telling you I'm lovin' this round!
    I do agree that some are a bit overboard as in campy.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Hey Liz,

For me, far and away #2 is a clear winner here. The other shots IMHO look like someone is trying to make creepy shots.

Number 2 IS A CREEPY SHOT!

Excellent image...

Randy,
    Great to see you in these parts! Now when are you going to enter?
    Thank you for the comments, glad number two creeps you out. My work is donerolleyes1.gif .

I will be posting #2 into the gallery in just a bit.
  • Options
    richterslrichtersl Registered Users Posts: 3,322 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    I will be posting #2 into the gallery in just a bit.
    thumb.gif
  • Options
    silversx80silversx80 Registered Users Posts: 604 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    Very nicely done, but I think you may want to have your sister committed. She looks like she's enjoying the challenge TOO much.
    - Joe
    http://silversx80.smugmug.com/
    Olympus E-M5, 12-50mm, 45mm f/1.8
    Some legacy OM lenses and an OM-10
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    silversx80 wrote:
    Very nicely done, but I think you may want to have your sister committed. She looks like she's enjoying the challenge TOO much.

If you only knew:D rolleyes1.gif .

• Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    #6 scares me, for some odd reason I imagine waking up and seeing that first thing.

I may sleep in the spare bedroom alone tonight.

Great images.

Shawn--Funny how it strikes a chord within most of the men that view these photos, and that each find different ones disturbing, I wonder what it says about the individual people looking at them--I almost titled it "I'll Not be Ignored Dan!" lol.

Ok folks, I feel as though I've done a bit of a disservice to my little sister, Andrea. So I am posting a photo of her with my mom, taken just yesterday.

I assure all she's quite sane---Except when she's notmwink.gif MUAHAHAHAHA!

692294556_Npx6W-L.jpg
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    rwellsrwells Registered Users Posts: 6,084 Major grins
    edited October 26, 2009
    Randy,
    Great to see you in these parts! Now when are you going to enter?

Liz,

I've thrown a couple of shots in the contest before, and quite honestly, I'm glad they didn't do well. They were shots that I had taken that coincidentally fit somewhat into the contest at the time.

I really like seeing photogs win that have put a good bit of effort into creating their image specifically for the contest. I think that's "in the spirit of the game" if you will.

I hope your image does well, for it is a good one!
    Randy
  • Options
    edited October 26, 2009
    rwells wrote:
    Liz,

I've thrown a couple of shots in the contest before, and quite honestly, I'm glad they didn't do well. They were shots that I had taken that coincidentally fit somewhat into the contest at the time.

I really like seeing photogs win that have put a good bit of effort into creating their image specifically for the contest. I think that's "in the spirit of the game" if you will.

I hope your image does well, for it is a good one!

I did that with the last contest--it was sort of a coincidence and I felt kind of guilty about it.

As for the rest of your comment :D:D:D Thank you.
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    KinkajouKinkajou Registered Users Posts: 1,240 Major grins
    edited October 27, 2009
    JC3d wrote:
    I like them all, but #2 scares the hell out of me! Yes, quite disturbing and creepy!

#3 Almost looks like she took off part of her own pinky. I say that is creepy.

I think my vote is for #2, but then I realize I don't often agree with the crowd. I don't know which title I like better - they both work.

John

15524779-Ti.gif
    Webpage

Spread the love! Go comment on something!
  • Options
    SirbeySirbey Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    edited October 30, 2009
    Liz: Luv all the photos. #1 reminds me of one of my horrid co-workers when she's had a a very bad day. These photos creep-me-out, just like she does.wings.gif
  • Options
    edited October 30, 2009
    Sirbey wrote:
    Liz: Luv all the photos. #1 reminds me of one of my horrid co-workers when she's had a a very bad day. These photos creep-me-out, just like she does.wings.gif

rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif I knew I shouldn't have introduced you to this forum!
    Liz A.
    _________
  • Options
    TylwyddTylwydd Registered Users Posts: 190 Major grins
    edited October 31, 2009
    Tough choice... Prefer #2 and #6 but they are all creepy... Great series !
    Olympus fan :D : E520 ; ZD 50 mm ; ZD 14-54 mm ; ZD 50-200 mm SWD

http://tylwydd.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    edited October 31, 2009
    Tylwydd wrote:
    Tough choice... Prefer #2 and #6 but they are all creepy... Great series !

Thank you Tylwydd---I entered #2.

Looks like she should spend sometime in your Abbey no?
    Liz A.
    _________